992 10 2023-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
baronkaz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 254541 ft

Lithuania

hello,
after updating to 01.07.0200 my mini 2 started loosing signal during flight. first i thought i was flying in areas with much interference, but later i tried to fly in open fiields, where are no industry, no houses, etc. but problem remains. i thought maybe i am flying to far away, but problem is the same, no mater 10m or 500m away. controller shows full signal, then suddenly signal is lost and after several seconds signal is back again, sometimes not - signal does not recover and mini 2 comes to home point. sometimes it losses signal even when landing to home point. how can i fix this? attaching screenshot with firmware versions. thanks for any suggestions

about

about
2023-7-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, baronkaz. Sorry about the trouble. 2.4/5.8 GHz wireless devices can cause interference to the signal. Have you already considered turning off your Wi-fi and Bluetooth on your mobile devices, as well as idle Bluetooth devices? Make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft. Check the user manual for more information about setting the antenna direction.
2023-7-13
Use props
baronkaz
lvl.2

Lithuania

DJI Tony Posted at 7-13 23:17
Hi, baronkaz. Sorry about the trouble. 2.4/5.8 GHz wireless devices can cause interference to the signal. Have you already considered turning off your Wi-fi and Bluetooth on your mobile devices, as well as idle Bluetooth devices? Make sure that the antennas are pointed toward the aircraft. Check the user manual for more information about setting the antenna direction.

hm... did not try to turn off wifi and bluetooth, but before last update everything was just fine. but thanks for tip, will try this.
2023-7-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

baronkaz Posted at 7-14 03:15
hm... did not try to turn off wifi and bluetooth, but before last update everything was just fine. but thanks for tip, will try this.

Alright. Please keep me posted. Thank you and have a great day ahead.
2023-7-14
Use props
Lton85
lvl.3
Flight distance : 836752 ft
Brazil

I've been through this, unfortunately there's no fix, just changing the coreboard

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=282326
2023-7-14
Use props
baronkaz
lvl.2

Lithuania

Lton85 Posted at 7-14 05:17
I've been through this, unfortunately there's no fix, just changing the coreboard

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=282326

crap... and my warranty has ended only two month ago
2023-7-17
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

10m is terrible, downgrades are impossible now
2023-7-17
Use props
baronkaz
lvl.2

Lithuania

i am lucky coreboard is ok, thats for sure. i've downgraded mini 2 fw to 01.06.0200, turned phone in fly mode, and tried to enable fcc through controller bottom port. tried to fly 2km away on 50m height, signal was full all the time. only when i descended to 30m signal has lost two dots, but after i ascended back to 50m, signal was full again. and the whole flight never lost a signal
2023-7-20
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

baronkaz Posted at 7-20 04:27
i am lucky  coreboard is ok, thats for sure. i've downgraded mini 2 fw to 01.06.0200, turned phone in fly mode, and tried to enable fcc through controller bottom port. tried to fly 2km away on 50m height, signal was full all the time. only when i descended to 30m signal has lost two dots, but after i ascended back to 50m, signal was full again. and the whole flight never lost a signal

If the problem resurfaces, you can use the map below to see if you can find a correlation.  If there was movement of NATO forces, there almost certainly would have been RF jamming equipment involved. June and July were fairly busy for testing in Lithuania and Latvia.

The map is for GPS, but drone jamming equipment can use many frequencies and modern, sophisticated drone jamming equipment can isolate the necessary frequency to send you RTH or splash your drone at their discretion.

Lithuania doesn’t seem to use (test) their equipment every day and it’s probably not on 24/7…only when needed for testing.

https://gpsjam.org/?lat=54.24687 ... amp;date=2023-06-18
2023-7-20
Use props
baronkaz
lvl.2

Lithuania

DroneApe Posted at 7-20 05:26
If the problem resurfaces, you can use the map below to see if you can find a correlation.  If there was movement of NATO forces, there almost certainly would have been RF jamming equipment involved. June and July were fairly busy for testing in Lithuania and Latvia.

The map is for GPS, but drone jamming equipment can use many frequencies and modern, sophisticated drone jamming equipment can isolate the necessary frequency to send you RTH or splash your drone at their discretion.

this is an idea. there was some military copters flying by these days, so it could be for nato meeting too
2023-7-20
Use props
DroneApe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459954 ft
United States

baronkaz Posted at 7-20 20:26
this is an idea. there was some military copters flying by these days, so it could be for nato meeting too

Yes, it was probably related to planning, preparation and testing for the big NATO meeting.  Lots of NATO activity in your country.  There would have been lots of U.S. Secret Service in your country in the days (weeks) leading up to the big meeting.

You can check for NOTAM or TFR (temporary flight restriction)

https://ans.lt/en/notams

The gpsjam map link I gave you in previous post isn’t live data.  It’s not a live map. The map updates 24-48 hours after data for a particular day is collected. Also, the map doesn't paint the entire picture because it only collects gps data from ADS-B receivers from airplanes that have ADS-B turned on.  It doesn't paint the picture of the entire electromagnetic spectrum, but instead gives a clue that jamming equipment may be in operation in your country.  
This article says it was UK and France that brought anti drone equipment for meeting.

https://www.reuters.com/world/nato-flexes-muscle-protect-vilnius-summit-near-russia-belarus-2023-07-08/

2023-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules