New RC Pro battery level indicator issue
921 7 2023-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JSanders88
lvl.1
United States

Hello,
I just unboxed and charged overnight a new RC Pro controller, and the 4th battery indicator LED is not illuminating, even though the controller is charged to 100%. I suspect this is a hardware issue, but just would like to confirm I am not missing something. Any advice is apprecitated.

Thanks,
--
IMG_2686.jpg
2023-7-14
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have three steady lights and a forth one not....it kinda gotta be a pesky little hardware issue, eh? Hopefully DJI will pop in here and comment.
2023-7-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, JSanders88. Thank you for reaching out. We'll verify this with our relevant team. We'll get back to you once we receive an update.
2023-7-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, JSanders88. Thank you for patiently waiting. Please try the steps below (feel free to skip the steps which you already performed):
Step 1: Check if the battery level reaches 100% or if the four battery level indicators light up.
Step 2: Check if DJI RC Pro has been activated. If not, please activate it first. Then, check if it can be charged.
Step 3: If it has been activated, check if the connection of the charging cable is right or replace the charger and cable. Please send it back if the issue still persists.
Note: It is recommended to fully charge the device after activating it, and it is also recommended to upgrade the firmware to the latest version.

Hope this helps.
2023-7-15
Use props
JSanders88
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-15 06:43
Hi, JSanders88. Thank you for patiently waiting. Please try the steps below (feel free to skip the steps which you already performed):
Step 1: Check if the battery level reaches 100% or if the four battery level indicators light up.
Step 2: Check if DJI RC Pro has been activated. If not, please activate it first. Then, check if it can be charged.

Hi. The controller is fully charged, as you can see in the picture of my original post. The controller has also been activated. The 4th light is still not illuminated.
2023-7-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JSanders88 Posted at 7-15 07:08
Hi. The controller is fully charged, as you can see in the picture of my original post. The controller has also been activated. The 4th light is still not illuminated.

Time to send it back for replacement.  No sense starting off with problems on a brand new controller.  
2023-7-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JSanders88 Posted at 7-15 07:08

Hi, JSanders88. Thank you for the reply. Have you upgraded the firmware as well?
2023-7-16
Use props
JSanders88
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-16 07:49
Hi, JSanders88. Thank you for the reply. Have you upgraded the firmware as well?

Yes, the firmware is up to date as of yesterday, 7/15.
2023-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules