DJI Apps for Android - HELP!!!!!!!
305 5 2023-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RubiconCSL
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi.

I don't think I'm alone in this issue.  I simply cannot update or (now I've fully uninstalled) install DJI software for my Mavic Air.

I have tried on my phone - Samsung S10+ running Android 12.  No luck.
I have tried on my tablet - Samsung A8 running Andriod 13.  No luck.

Initially, if I tried to run it, it appeared to load, but I just couldn't actually get it to run (seems a lot of people have had this issue).

I tried downloading the apk from the DJI site: https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4.  It made no difference.

I totally uninstalled the app, then tried to install from fresh (after restarting the phone) - now it will not install.  I go through the install steps and it ends up with "App Not Installed".  I've even tried going through this with multiple apk installers, all with the same result.

Any ideas please!  If it won't install, how do I check the software is up to date?

2023-7-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello there! It has been found that your mobile devices are the Samsung S10+ and Samsung A8, and compatibility tests are required to be carried out. As there are many models that need to be tested currently, this cannot be resolved in the short term.
If you have an urgent mission, we recommend you prepare a spare mobile device to carry out the mission instead of using this device to avoid the possibility that the mission cannot be carried out due to compatibility issues. We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. You can check the supported mobile devices here: https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/products/mavic-air. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2023-7-17
Use props
RubiconCSL
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for your reply.  However, that's a pretty poor situation from what I would consider the world leader in drones.  These things aren't cheap.  I'm now in a position where I have no idea whether I have the latest software installed, nor do I imagine I have the latest details regarding flight zone restrictions.  If I use it now, I could be flying in a restricted zone and not know it, or be using software with known issues.

How can I update the software without using DJI software?  Is there any reliable 3rd party software that will actually work?

2023-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

RubiconCSL Posted at 7-21 01:15
Thanks for your reply.  However, that's a pretty poor situation from what I would consider the world leader in drones.  These things aren't cheap.  I'm now in a position where I have no idea whether I have the latest software installed, nor do I imagine I have the latest details regarding flight zone restrictions.  If I use it now, I could be flying in a restricted zone and not know it, or be using software with known issues.

How can I update the software without using DJI software?  Is there any reliable 3rd party software that will actually work?

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. You can also try the suggestion below to see if it helps. Please find the setting of "Install unknown apps" in the phone system settings, turn on the switch of "Allow from this source", restart the phone, and then go to the file manager to open this file again to see if it works.
2023-7-21
Use props
RubiconCSL
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks.  I have already tried that - no success
2023-7-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

RubiconCSL Posted at 7-21 06:42
Thanks.  I have already tried that - no success

Thank you for your response. We apologize for the inconvenience. We will forward this to our engineer for a recommendation. Could you provide us with the following information? If you have an urgent flight, we recommend using a spare mobile device. Thank you for your understanding and support.

1. Mobile device models: Samsung S10+ running Android 12 and Samsung A8 running Android 13
2. Screenshot of the mobile device's system version;
3. A video with the malfunction phenomenon recorded;
4. App log;
5. Time when the issue occurred in the last few times
2023-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules