Mini 2s Arm Shakes and makes "mooing" noise when moving up or fast
1979 29 2023-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bunford
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45810 ft
Serbia

I've had my drone for a couple of weeks and so far it's been working perfectly. It's a refurbished model. I've had a couple of low-height crashes onto soft grass but no damage to the body or the props other than a few chips which I've replaced. The drone has been flying fine however when I took it out yesterday it started making a weird low-pitch noise when elevating or moving around quickly in Sport mode. I lovered it down to me and it seems to me like the forward Right arm is "weaker" because It starts shaking violently when I raise the drone and that produces this ugly noise. It's as if it can't keep up with the other 3.  Also doesn't seem to balance in place as well as it used to. I use one of those propeller guards to store it safely however I don't think this is due to the props. I inspected and even replaced them and there is no visible damage or bending.  Any tips on what could be causing the shaking, and loud noise the shaking produces,  and how could I try to remedy it? Thanks.
2023-7-18
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

When replacing the props, make sure you are using the correct set.

2023-7-18
Use props
Bunford
lvl.1
Serbia

dnddad324 Posted at 7-18 07:34
When replacing the props, make sure you are using the correct set.

[view_image]

Props are 100% fine , its just the landing leg thing that's only on the front of the drone that starts vibrating upon elevating. As soon as I give it power it starts to vibrate and make noise and it makes the entire drone shake.
2023-7-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Bunford Posted at 7-18 07:42
Props are 100% fine , its just the landing leg thing that's only on the front of the drone that starts vibrating upon elevating. As soon as I give it power it starts to vibrate and make noise and it makes the entire drone shake.

Change the props on that arm. Something's not right. That is the easiest.

2023-7-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The front arms are mounted on a pivot that is held in place by two screws, these are readily visible, check if they are there. Compare how deeply the RH & LH pivots sit in their recesses, they should match.

If the RH pivot is not as deeply recessed then move its arm to roughly midway between open and closed. If you get the position correct the arm will sit where you position it ( called the tipping point ). Once you have found the tipping point try to push the pivot into the drone so that it matches how deeply recessed the LH pivot is, then nip up the screws. NO FORCE should be required to push the pivot home, that it the reasons for setting the arm to the tipping point, the cam inside the pivot is at its high point and 'stuck' there until the arm move slightly one way or the other so all the "move the arm one way or the other force" is gone and the pivot should slide home quite easily. If force is required then something else is wrong.
I would also check, as best you can, if the inner end of the arm is cracked somewhere where it goes around the pivot. Also check the body shell for cracks around the pivot.

Who refurbished the drone and did they provide a warranty?
2023-7-18
Use props
Bunford
lvl.1
Serbia

Video of The sound it makes and how it looks

https://youtu.be/UTyHIbr1gJE

I quickly uploaded a vid to show you. No cracks or anything the arms are in the same place, and everything is symmetrical. The screws weren't loose. Check the video , see how it struggles to keep up with the rest of the drone when elevating? (Sorry for all the background noise)
2023-7-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sound is of no use to me, I am deaf.
To be honest nor was the video, you were throwing the drone around too much, I can't follow what the arm is doing.
Put the drone on something like a match box, or hand hold it, so that the drone's weight is not borne by the landing legs. Start a recording of the drone, start the drone's motors with the CSC and let them idle for a second or so then. If the drone is sitting on a match box give it a little throttle but not enough to lift off, if you are hand holding the drone you will be able to give the drone more throttle. Your aim is to demonstrate the movement you see. Stop the motors by holding the throttle closed. If you are hand holding IT WILL FIGHT YOU BUT DO NOT release the drone whilst the motors are running. Oh and do not have the drone fight you for a prolonged period of time, you may get the ESC's hot if you do and, if you carry on, cook them.

I repeat, who refurbished the drone and is there a warranty?

If, as you suggest, the pivots are equally recessed then turn the drone upside down, manually move the arm and watch for movement in the 'base' of the pivot.

What could be wrong, aside from the suggestions already made.
1) there is, from memory a pin at the top of the pivot, you won't be able to see it. This pin engages in a close fitting hole in the shell and the combination prevent the pivot moving as the motors change speed and thrust. If the surround of that hole is cracked or the hole deformed then the  pin and top of the pivot may be able to move. You'd need to open the drone to check the status of the hole etc. and doing that would invalidate any warranty.
2) the pin can be bent but that would, I think, cause a permanent droop or lift in the arm, it did with my Mavic 2. I suppose the pin could have broken but if the Mini's pivot is like the pivot of the mavic 2 then the 'weak' point in the pin would be a circlip groove. That circlip/E-clip holds the pivot assembly together, a break there might allow the pivot's outer to wobble.
3) the shaft within the pivot could be loose in the base and that might allow everything to wobble.

Extracting the front pivot for inspection is easy, just position the arm at the tipping point and remove the two screws...... BUT if there is a warranty on the drone that would, if detectable, invalidate the warranty.
Refitting the/a pivot is a bit more tricky, the pivot itself has to be in tipping point position ditto the arm. I used two pairs of pliers to set the pivot, one pair gripped the pivot base and the other pair turned the pivot outer.

Other things that might make a sound change, the motor's base not being properly clamped to the arm but that would not cause arm movement.

Apart from handing and any printing, are the front arms identical.
Check the arm for cracks when you have the arm manually flexed.

2023-7-18
Use props
Bunford
lvl.1
Serbia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-18 11:51
Sound is of no use to me, I am deaf.
To be honest nor was the video, you were throwing the drone around too much, I can't follow what the arm is doing.
Put the drone on something like a match box, or hand hold it, so that the drone's weight is not borne by the landing legs. Start a recording of the drone, start the drone's motors with the CSC and let them idle for a second or so then. If the drone is sitting on a match box give it a little throttle but not enough to lift off, if you are hand holding the drone you will be able to give the drone more throttle. Your aim is to demonstrate the movement you see. Stop the motors by holding the throttle closed. If you are hand holding IT WILL FIGHT YOU BUT DO NOT release the drone whilst the motors are running. Oh and do not have the drone fight you for a prolonged period of time, you may get the ESC's hot if you do and, if you carry on, cook them.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Your advice is very helpful and informative. I was just trying to show off the sound it makes in the vid and I am throwing it around in order for it to manifest. Something is probably loose inside and ill get it opened. I bought the drone off E-bay from the official manufacturer and It should come with a warranty however I do not live in the US and Ive bought it on my visit there. I know of someone that fixes DJI drones so I might have it checked out by someone more experienced than I am. Thank you again for taking the time to help me out.
2023-7-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In that case, BEFORE you open the drone, remove the pivot and CAREFULLY pull the arm out of the drone's body but DO NOT strain the wiring.
That way you will be able to inspect the pivot and might be able to check whether or not the arm's end is cracked.
I do not know what you would be able to see if you looked into the drone's body whilst the pivot and arm are "out of the way".
2023-7-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Bunford. Thank you for reaching out. Since the drone had low-height crashes and even you are not getting any error in the DJI Fly, we highly suggest to send the unit for proper diagnosis. You may submit an online repair request through this link: {https://repair.dji.com/repair/index}. If you need assistance with creating a ticket, you may contact DJI support at (https://www.dji.com/support).
2023-7-18
Use props
Tom Richard
lvl.2

United States

Bunford Posted at 7-18 12:47
Thank you for taking the time to reply. Your advice is very helpful and informative. I was just trying to show off the sound it makes in the vid and I am throwing it around in order for it to manifest. Something is probably loose inside and ill get it opened. I bought the drone off E-bay from the official manufacturer and It should come with a warranty however I do not live in the US and Ive bought it on my visit there. I know of someone that fixes DJI drones so I might have it checked out by someone more experienced than I am. Thank you again for taking the time to help me out.

I would suggest reaching out to DJI first.
2023-7-19
Use props
Envy27
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25719 ft

Indonesia

i have the same issue here after my friend accidentally step on my drone. I feel like my motor not rotating symmetrically.

i need to know how to fix motor when not rotating symmetrically.
2023-7-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Envy27 Posted at 7-31 19:59
i have the same issue here after my friend accidentally step on my drone. I feel like my motor not rotating symmetrically.

i need to know how to fix motor when not rotating symmetrically.

Hi there, Envy27. It is recommended to send the drone for repair. You can use the following link to submit a repair request, you can also contact us using the same link to assist you in submitting a request: https://www.dji.com/id/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-31
Use props
Envy27
lvl.2

Indonesia

DJI Tony Posted at 7-31 21:21
Hi there, Envy27. It is recommended to send the drone for repair. You can use the following link to submit a repair request, you can also contact us using the same link to assist you in submitting a request: https://www.dji.com/id/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. Have a great day ahead.

my country is not on the list, im from indonesia
2023-7-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Envy27 Posted at 7-31 23:07
my country is not on the list, im from indonesia

Hi there. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. You can also refer to this link to check for the authorized service center from your location: https://www.dji.com/id/service/repair/centers. Thank you for understanding.
2023-7-31
Use props
GAEL2510
New
Flight distance : 800039 ft
Mexico

I have the same issue, ive tried many things but anything has worked
2023-8-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

GAEL2510 Posted at 8-26 12:50

Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what specific DJI drone are you using? Also, does the noise appear when the aircraft is hovering or will it show only when flying forward, upward, etc.? Furthermore, does your drone also experience a crashed? Please let us know. Thank you.
2023-9-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GAEL2510 Posted at 8-26 12:50

Give details.
2023-9-8
Use props
CITY517
lvl.1

United States

Bunford Posted at 7-18 07:42
Props are 100% fine , its just the landing leg thing that's only on the front of the drone that starts vibrating upon elevating. As soon as I give it power it starts to vibrate and make noise and it makes the entire drone shake.

i am having this same problem, and looking for the answer as well, the props are 100% but the leg makes a high pitch sound like a blender when elevating aka going up and it sounds horrible, ive ordered a replacement motor to see if that may help or the vibrating is  a sign that the motor is bad?  but it seems plausible that when the motor goes bad it wont keep up causing more vibration. but i refuse to fly till its fixed for safety and so it doest come down and destroy the whole thing

2023-9-23
Use props
CITY517
lvl.1

United States

CITY517 Posted at 9-23 03:53
i am having this same problem, and looking for the answer as well, the props are 100% but the leg makes a high pitch sound like a blender when elevating aka going up and it sounds horrible, ive ordered a replacement motor to see if that may help or the vibrating is  a sign that the motor is bad?  but it seems plausible that when the motor goes bad it wont keep up causing more vibration. but i refuse to fly till its fixed for safety and so it doest come down and destroy the whole thing

also wanted to add that i checked the motor mounts as well and there were no cracks or any signs of damage to the plastic or the metal motor mounts. no cracks in the legs either if the new motor doesnt work ill check if there are any bad bushings in the arm that may have worn out,
2023-9-23
Use props
CITY517
lvl.1

United States

DJI MINI 2
2023-9-23
Use props
CITY517
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-8 21:39
Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what specific DJI drone are you using? Also, does the noise appear when the aircraft is hovering or will it show only when flying forward, upward, etc.? Furthermore, does your drone also experience a crashed? Please let us know. Thank you.

DJI MINI 2
2023-9-23
Use props
Bunford
lvl.1
Serbia

I finally found the issue. My prop holder caused my props to warp. The change wasnt visible and since id warped both my old and new pairs I didnt notice it. Ordered new props everything works perfectly now.
2023-9-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bunford Posted at 9-23 06:43
I finally found the issue. My prop holder caused my props to warp. The change wasnt visible and since id warped both my old and new pairs I didnt notice it. Ordered new props everything works perfectly now.

Which prop holder were you using and are you still using it?
I've never used mine and have yet to damage a blade because the blades are unrestrained.
2023-9-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for keeping us posted. Does the unit experience a hard landing? If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending in the unit for proper diagnostics. You may create an online repair case using this link https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Please note that we do not recommend a DIY repair as we cannot guarantee that it will go back to its normal state. We appreciate your understanding on this one. Have a nice day.
2023-9-24
Use props
djiuser_hR7ftfKXkTqT
New

India

Bunford Posted at 9-23 06:43

could you explain in detail the solution  as i have same issue ,i could see the front arm vibrating and making the same noise
2023-9-28
Use props
Bunford
lvl.1
Serbia

Order and mount new propellers!
2023-9-29
Use props
Bunford
lvl.1
Serbia

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-23 12:41
Perhaps a tiny cow has become trapped within the arm?

Sound suspicion I actually checked for said issue but i deduced that it wasn't the case.
2023-9-29
Use props
Envy27
lvl.2

Indonesia

CITY517 Posted at 9-23 03:56
also wanted to add that i checked the motor mounts as well and there were no cracks or any signs of damage to the plastic or the metal motor mounts. no cracks in the legs either if the new motor doesnt work ill check if there are any bad bushings in the arm that may have worn out,

On the problematic part of the arm, try turning the arm up and down, you will see a slight cavity in the arm cover. that might be the main cause of the arm vibrating.

I gave the cable tie to the part that wasn't tight, and it worked.

It would be better if you put strong glue on it so it doesn't come loose again

i will try post my video before and after using my method.
2023-10-12
Use props
Envy27
lvl.2

Indonesia

see my latest comment in here
2023-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules