mavic pro controller forced obselete?
797 5 2023-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
barrymac
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have a DJI mavic pro with gl200A controller and it stopped working after I connected it to the latest version of the app.

I hadn't used it for several years as it was in storage away from home. It was connected fine, and ran once with the app seeing the camera output.

Then on the second power up try it doesn't connect anymore, from either USB ports on multiple devices, android as well as iphone.

Is DJI running an update to disable this controller?

Is there an old version of the app available that would still support this GL200A controller?

2023-7-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why two threads discussing the same problem?

Have you seen
"barrymac Posted at 7-18 17:47
Yes I followed that video but linking doesn't happen.
Perhaps an extra complication is that I had connected a pair of goggles RE which I've never used before and they were also paired with mavic pro.
View full quote
But you say you have held the "C1 , C2 and video record buttons" depressed whereas the subtitles of the video say buttons C1, C2, video record wait for a certain sound and
then also press the shutter button. I am deaf so rely on the subtitles but the actual video does show that too.
I also wonder if you have nudged the wifi/RC selection slider on the drone away from the correct position?
"

in the other thread?

You have to manually permit or accept updates, don't you?  Did the equipment update itself? A bit melodramatic to suggest something as 'evil' as forced obsolescence, isn't it?
In fact, going by your other post, I would suggest that rather than the melodrama of forced obsolescence, it is more likely that you are doing something wrong or that something has simply broken.
As for old versions of the App
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/

2023-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, may I confirm if you mean the remote controller cannot connect to the app? Please make sure the app is the latest version. https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic You may also test with another cable to see if it works.
2023-7-19
Use props
barrymac
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-18 22:27
Why two threads discussing the same problem?

Have you seen

No updates were announced and I made sure the firmware was up to date on the other component using Assistant.

I felt a clarification and more narrow focused topic was necessary, which I was able to do after I learned a bit more about others experience and had tried more things to narrow down the issue. I felt also that it would help others more by being more targeted to the actual problem at hand and so be easier to find.

I'm also trying to ascertain if buying another second hand controller is likely to get me the same result, so being a complete waste of time and money. I feel this would be important information for people considering the same.

Thanks for the old APK links that's helpful to try! Apologies for the duplication with the first thread.
2023-7-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you take note of the  press the shutter button and checking the wifi/RC slider thing?
2023-7-19
Use props
barrymac
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-19 04:36
Did you take note of the  press the shutter button and checking the wifi/RC slider thing?

yes, according to instructions, we are supposed to wait until the display reads binding before hitting the camera shutter button, but even though it never gets that far, I've tried it anyway and tried many other random button presses out of desperation.
2023-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules