Cannot Bind Drone bought off USED Amazon SOLVED egr
1156 13 2023-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eruby
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11831 ft

United States

I have tried reading thru these threads and do not see a solution. Please help.

Background:
I bought a Mini3 Pro with RC from Amazon on Prime Day. No new ones were available so they pointed me to a used one in very good condition. It came in yesterday. I was able to turn on the remote and the drone and noticed it was tied to another user's account. I did a factory reset on the RC and then was able to set up wi-fi and my account. I noticed it was still bound to another user. The battery on the drone was low so I turned it off and charged the battery. Now, with the battery fully charged and installed, it seems like I cnnot even turn the drone on. I can turn the RC remote on and it goes the the connection guide. I unfold the drone then push the power button. It immediately shows all 4 green LEDs. I tried holding down the button then press again bit the drone will not turn on.

I do not know the original owner's contact information. I do have what I hope is the original box with the serial number sticker on it. Is there no way to send a pic of the Amazon order along with the serial number or something so I can get this unbound from the original user and bind it to me? There's gotta be a way.
2023-7-20
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

Send IT to amazon or try contact DJI support they will call previous owner to agree to unbind
2023-7-20
Use props
eruby
lvl.3

United States

So hopefully DJI can help. I went to their support page and opened a chat window. The rep told me to send the below information and they would unbind my drone. Said it will be a couple business days before I get a reply so keeping my fingers crossed. I'll report back if this works.

I confirm that I have ownership of the product (Aircraft SN), therefore, I request DJI to unbind the product. I agree to indemnify DJI, its affiliates, employees, representatives, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and advisors and to hold them harmless from and against any loss, damage, liability, expense, claim or demand whatsoever, including but not limited to reasonable attorney fees, arising out of or in connection with unbinding the product.
2023-7-20
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"I tried holding down the button then press again bit the drone will not turn on."  The correct procedure is quick press, release, press and hold.
I can't imagine binding interferring with thr drone booting.
2023-7-20
Use props
eruby
lvl.3

United States

OK I got it to turn on. I musta did something wrong. Chalk it up to a newbie mistake.
2023-7-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I sent you a PM, kindly please check. Thank you.
2023-7-20
Use props
djiuser_nyP2EwdcY7hn
New
Poland

I have a dji account and dji fly app installed. I bought new dji mini 2 fmc pack on November 2022 and binding to account and installing everything went great. Now about a month ago I bought a used but like new dji fpv drone. I cannot add it to my account. I cant find a procedure adding new device to my account. I went through connection process of the drone, goggles and a joystick and all went ok but under my account I still see only my mini 2 but no dji fpv. What am I doing wrong. Ive spoken to the seller suggesting he has still this drone under his a count but he says he removed it when he sold it to me. Is the a way, a button to add new device to the account or is there some block, a failure in accounts thats causes this problem? Please help, would be much appreciate
2023-7-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_nyP2EwdcY7hn Posted at 7-24 22:37
I have a dji account and dji fly app installed. I bought new dji mini 2 fmc pack on November 2022 and binding to account and installing everything went great. Now about a month ago I bought a used but like new dji fpv drone. I cannot add it to my account. I cant find a procedure adding new device to my account. I went through connection process of the drone, goggles and a joystick and all went ok but under my account I still see only my mini 2 but no dji fpv. What am I doing wrong. Ive spoken to the seller suggesting he has still this drone under his a count but he says he removed it when he sold it to me. Is the a way, a button to add new device to the account or is there some block, a failure in accounts thats causes this problem? Please help, would be much appreciate

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If the original owner has already unbound the account then you are good to go. You can see the bound account from the drone if you go to "Profile">"Device Management">"Value added services". If you want, you can DM me your serial number to double-check. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-24
Use props
eruby
lvl.3

United States

eruby Posted at 7-20 10:23
So hopefully DJI can help. I went to their support page and opened a chat window. The rep told me to send the below information and they would unbind my drone. Said it will be a couple business days before I get a reply so keeping my fingers crossed. I'll report back if this works.

I confirm that I have ownership of the product (Aircraft SN), therefore, I request DJI to unbind the product. I agree to indemnify DJI, its affiliates, employees, representatives, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and advisors and to hold them harmless from and against any loss, damage, liability, expense, claim or demand whatsoever, including but not limited to reasonable attorney fees, arising out of or in connection with unbinding the product.

As for my issue, I was able to provide DJI Support with the drone serial number and my Amazon order. They, in turn, bound my new drone with my account. I am now bound correctly. Thank you DJI Support.
2023-7-31
Use props
fansc904c2bc
New

United States

<deleting duplicate>
2023-8-3
Use props
fansc904c2bc
New

United States

eruby Posted at 7-31 06:16
As for my issue, I was able to provide DJI Support with the drone serial number and my Amazon order. They, in turn, bound my new drone with my account. I am now bound correctly. Thank you DJI Support.

Thanks Eruby, may i know how long it took for dji to unbind the device? was it a 2-3 days?

I'm in same boat as you, purchased via amazon on prime day and didn't notice the binding until today. the return window is ending soon so wanted to know how long dji takes for unbinding the device
2023-8-3
Use props
eruby
lvl.3

United States

fansc904c2bc Posted at 8-3 06:33
Thanks Eruby, may i know how long it took for dji to unbind the device? was it a 2-3 days?

I'm in same boat as you, purchased via amazon on prime day and didn't notice the binding until today. the return window is ending soon so wanted to know how long dji takes for unbinding the device

It really took no time - maybe 1-2 business days. I was on vacation when they let me know so I had to wait until I returned to let them know it worked. I started with a chat on the support page.
2023-8-3
Use props
fansc904c2bc
New

United States

eruby Posted at 8-3 07:40
It really took no time - maybe 1-2 business days. I was on vacation when they let me know so I had to wait until I returned to let them know it worked. I started with a chat on the support page.

got it, thanks for your response! hope my case gets resolved soon as well, cheers
2023-8-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

eruby Posted at 7-31 06:16

Awesome. I'm glad the issue was handled very well by the DJI support team. For further concerns or issues about your DJI products. You can always contact our support at support.dji.com. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules