Night mode under fireworks
1004 9 2023-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cuadrados
lvl.3
Spain

Hello everyone.
I introduce myself in the forum, and I would like to share with you a video of the mavic 3 recording fireworks in Tenerife, Canary Islands (Spain), using the night mode. Hope you like.
all the best.

2023-7-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Welcome to the Forum. Nice video there but the fireworks side would have looked much better shooting from further away then the smoke would not have affected the brilliant colours from the display.
2023-7-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome work.  
2023-7-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the forum.  Remarkable job of capturing the fireworks display.  
2023-7-21
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Dirty Bird Posted at 7-21 04:45
Welcome to the community.  Nice job.  I like your choice of music as well.  I believe you will obtain even better results by skipping the Night Mode & selecting Auto instead. During a display you can simply dial back the EV as necessary if the bursts are overexposing.   Night Mode isn't really designed for extremely dynamic lighting situations like the  brightness of firework bursts against a dark sky, resulting in those interesting overexposure pulses at times in your video.

... that's my experience too, absolutely...   
2023-7-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice work, and an amazing spectacle.
2023-7-21
Use props
Cuadrados
lvl.3
Spain

Hi all.
Thank you all very much for your feedback. Good tips that I will try to apply the next time I have to record fireworks.

@suren, I made the recording from a rooftop in the center of town, and I couldn't move easily, and being in the center of town, I couldn't record from a great distance, to comply with the regulations and always record in VLOS. The conditions for recording were complicated, since it was raining a light rain.

@Dirty Bird, I recorded with the night mode activated and the rest of the parameters in automatic, but as you say, the variation in light intensities caused the automatic ISO to constantly vary between 4,000 and 12,800 and back to ISO 3,000 or 4,000 in a few tenths of a second. I'll try as you suggest next time.

There is something that is not appreciated in the video and the sound of the explosions. It's impressive to see it live and the video doesn't do justice to what a huge show it was.
If someone comes to Tenerife at the beginning of May, I recommend that you see it...a unique experience.

Thank you all very much for your feedback

All the best
2023-7-21
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Welcome and Nice work, thanks for sharing.
2023-7-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

This is one I shot using the Mavic 3

2023-7-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain