Disappointed in Mini Pro 3
1006 22 2023-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
duckys1979
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111591 ft
United States

I actually hear all the frustrations on this forum about waypoints... I think it is wrong that waypoints were configured the way that DJI developers have created them. I am not understanding why DJI is not actually improving DJI fly and offering much more... I think they could really make more effort in terms of this... Offering the SDK only available for Android devices makes it really hard for IOS devices... I don't think it's right to just offer an SDK for Android and not the other platform. I would be very curious about why this decision was made... There are so many developers that would be happy to work for DJI and develop an IOS sdk for the customers. Also, it's not right that you just leave the IOS customers hanging out to dry and not really make any real improvements to the Apps or software that supports Mini Pro 3 and other drones...

I would like to see the following happen:

Some sort of management website where you are able to establish waypoints and other functions.
Follow Me function is amazing to have...
center waypoint functions as well

I really think that DJI is going to have huge issues in the future of keeping customers if both OS versions are not going to be supported...

2023-7-21
Use props
ShadowyMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48392 ft
Canada

There's a reason that many more SDKs are available for Android app development versus iOS. It's called Apple.
I share your frustration but can also understand the hurdles that this presetns for DJI.
2023-7-21
Use props
duckys1979
lvl.1
United States

ShadowyMan Posted at 7-21 07:35
There's a reason that many more SDKs are available for Android app development versus iOS. It's called Apple.
I share your frustration but can also understand the hurdles that this presetns for DJI.

Well.. if that attitude is represented by DJI... then I would had never purchased a device from them... I really hope that is not the case...
2023-7-21
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Greece

DJI is on the US ban list. Apple would not allow publishing of any new apps that use DJI SDK. DJI is only allowed to maintain currently published iOS apps.
2023-7-21
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Use a more professional drone DJI Mavic 3.
Such a policy, more features in a more expensive device.
2023-7-21
Use props
duckys1979
lvl.1
United States

Tuxtard Posted at 7-21 07:50
DJI is on the US ban list. Apple would not allow publishing of any new apps that use DJI SDK. DJI is only allowed to maintain currently published iOS apps.

Do you have information regarding that? I have never heard of that and why would it be banned?
2023-7-21
Use props
duckys1979
lvl.1
United States

Drone.Hunter Posted at 7-21 07:54
Use a more professional drone DJI Mavic 3.
Such a policy, more features in a more expensive device.

Ok, I understand about purchasing a more expensive device... However, if you are going to offer a device that says "Pro" on it and not offer pro functionalities... what would be the purpose of that? Why would you advance and purchase a more expensive device when you are not sure if you are going to get your money's worth within the software itself... That really does not make sense...
2023-7-21
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

duckys1979 Posted at 7-21 08:02
Ok, I understand about purchasing a more expensive device... However, if you are going to offer a device that says "Pro" on it and not offer pro functionalities... what would be the purpose of that? Why would you advance and purchase a more expensive device when you are not sure if you are going to get your money's worth within the software itself... That really does not make sense...

Do you think the Mini 3 Pro lacks features compared to other Mini drones?
The Mini 3 Pro is a lightweight version of the Mavic 3 in terms of features.
I'd like waypoints too, but I understand the manufacturer.
But I hope that DJI will still be generous.
2023-7-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"I really think that DJI is going to have huge issues in the future of keeping customers if both OS versions are not going to be supported... " why?
I'd guess that the solution most people would opt for is buy a cheap, second-hand Android for use as a screen only device OR buy one of the smart controllers. When I found my 'old', 32bit Android phone wouldn't run Fly I bought a second hand 64bit Android for a fraction of the price of my 'old' phone.
2023-7-21
Use props
cmarines
lvl.4
Flight distance : 331762 ft
Canada

Develop and Publishing an apps for Android is free (one single initial pay). Publish an apps for IOS cost developer for each published.
2023-7-21
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Greece

duckys1979 Posted at 7-21 08:01
Do you have information regarding that? I have never heard of that and why would it be banned?

US put DJI on blacklist back in 2020 (https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/18/22188789/dji-ban-commerce-entity-list-drone-china-transaction-blocked) and now they are moving towards complete ban. Google it and you will see what's that all about. Since both Google and Apple are US companies it affects DJI software releases on their stores. This is the reason why:

1. DJI switched to providing APK installation for Android and stopped updating app on Google Play store
2. DJI released a DJI RC with a screen, as a future proof version of a controller not controlled by Google or Apple
3. DJI stopped developing SDK for iOS as no one would be allowed to release a new app based on this SDK on the Apple AppStore
2023-7-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok, I understand about purchasing a more expensive device... However, if you are going to offer a device that says "Pro" on it and not offer pro functionalities... what would be the purpose of that? Why would you advance and purchase a more expensive device when you are not sure if you are going to get your money's worth within the software itself... That really does not make sense...

Many get hung up on the wording "Pro" it is not a professional drone, it is only "Pro" when compared to the rest of the Mini models.
2023-7-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thank you for your feedback. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-7-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

duckys1979 Posted at 7-21 08:01

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12 ... transaction-blocked
2023-7-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-21 17:46
Many get hung up on the wording "Pro" it is not a professional drone, it is only "Pro" when compared to the rest of the Mini models.

I would be a bit more forthright and suggest it is meaningless advertising jargon designed to generate an impression in the perspective buyers but I am a cynic lol.
2023-7-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-22 03:11
I would be a bit more forthright and suggest it is meaningless advertising jargon designed to generate an impression in the perspective buyers but I am a cynic lol.

theres that too but it is certainly top dog in the Mini line up
2023-7-22
Use props
djiuser_8SfFMautMM29
lvl.1

India

My mini 3 pro camera lens gets foggy as soon as I fly it on a cool weather.. thin layer of water droplets get formed on the camera lens due to temperature difference.. never faced the issue on my mini 2.. video gets blurry for to the foggy lens.. disappointing
2023-7-23
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Android is open source and allows for a lot of customisation IOS is not its propriety and each APP created or changed requires signoff before it will run on IOS versions there are ways around it but its not that easy. I get what you mean but its is still an entry level model and so most will be happy with features it has, Litchi App has lots of features that do not appear on the DJI APP's but you need to be aware that if a n error occurs or if you brick your drone through and accidents DJI will not support it. Its would be good if perhaps DJI bought out Litchi or purchased licences for some of their features.
2023-7-23
Use props
DuRavary
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125135 ft
France

duckys1979 Posted at 7-21 07:45
Well.. if that attitude is represented by DJI... then I would had never purchased a device from them... I really hope that is not the case...

Surely that’s a fact not an attitude.
2023-7-23
Use props
DuRavary
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125135 ft
France

Surely a buyer who considers themselves to be a pro should be able to work out if the drone they’re interested in has a specification that meets their needs and expectations.
2023-7-23
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

Tuxtard Posted at 7-21 07:50
DJI is on the US ban list. Apple would not allow publishing of any new apps that use DJI SDK. DJI is only allowed to maintain currently published iOS apps.

I'm sure someone posted the opposite on here, that the US had throughly checked DJI out (their servers are apparently in the US) and found no hidden dodgy software or Chinese spyware.
2023-7-23
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

most people do not need waypoints..
2023-7-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft