CONVERT VIDEO INTO HD
4144 8 2015-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m.lavery
lvl.1
Flight distance : 217349 ft
China

Can anyone please explain on the attached picture why the convert to HD is not highlighted. When filming I have the video setting set on the highest HD setting.

How do I get this function to work so that my video is HD quality. Or is it already in  HD.
image.jpg
2015-8-29
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Could be wrong, but I believe the software uses the P3 to convert, so you need to power up the quad and connect. See if that doesn't enable the selection.....
2015-8-29
Use props
Bobcat90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2517654 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

terrylewis Posted at 2015-8-30 11:01
Could be wrong, but I believe the software uses the P3 to convert, so you need to power up the quad  ...

You are correct.  The P3 has to be powered, in order to convert to HD
2015-8-29
Use props
kiwichrish
lvl.3

New Zealand

This could also be because the HD copy is stored on the sd card in the Phantom, not on the tablet?
2015-8-29
Use props
m.lavery
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hey thanks for your time & help on this matter. Will give it a try tomorrow. Cheers
2015-8-30
Use props
longieb
lvl.1

Australia

I asked myself the same question. All of the advice given is true. Both the P3 and the RC have to be on and the tablet plugged in and you will be able to convert to HD. I have a made a couple of little clips with the DJI GO app after converting them to HD, however the footage it still not 1080 when shared on Facebook or other social media. This frustrated me as the footage on the computer was so good and the footage edited through the app was not up to scratch. Best thing that I can suggest is purchase video editing software which you can pick up for about $80 Aus and spend a little time making great films. Also comes with music that is copy write free.
2015-8-30
Use props
m.lavery
lvl.1
United States

Cheers terry,  bobcat & kiwichrish, success with the conversion to HD. THANKS AGAIN
2015-8-30
Use props
raynelang
lvl.2
Flight distance : 450492 ft
Canada

I'm having an issue using this 'convert to HD' function on the GO app. I took some 4k video with my P3 Pro and wanted to 'create a movie' using the GO app. The video files are still on the P3 memory card and the P3 is turned ON and connected to the remote / ipad. After selecting the clip of video I want I hit the 'convert to HD' button and the dot goes solid indicating the option is enabled. When I hit save the 'processing' window pops up and stays at 0%. Eventually I get an error that says 'Connection with camera lost'. I am able to take the same video clip and save it if i turn the 'convert to HD' option off.

Any ideas? Am i doing something wrong?
2015-9-6
Use props
lancegriggs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 448327 ft
United States

It's not really converting it to HD. It's upscaling it. Nothing compares to merely taking the SD card out of your copter and extracting the video that way. Beautiful!
2015-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules