PETITION for MSP DISPLAY PORT for INAV and the O3 Air unit.
3258 19 2023-7-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sh4wzy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

To whom this may concern at DJI.

This petition is on behalf of the INAV community who have purchased (or have yet to purchase) a DJI O3 air unit and would like the full implementation of the MSP DISPLAY PORT for INAV and the O3 Air unit.

The petition can be found here:    https://chng.it/KdHpGKG2HT

DJI, please take note of the amount of people who sign this petition as up until this point you have chosen to ignore the request for this to be implemented or you are unaware that the inav community are asking for this to be implemented (I hope that it is the latter).Please can this be forwarded on to the relevant persons and or department.
Many thanks The INAV community.

2023-7-23
Use props
JeffAlanMcClain
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2281043 ft
United States

PLEASE support this, DJI.  Your competition (walksnail and HDZero) is KILLING you with their support of MSP Displayport.
2023-7-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thank you for your feedback. Currently, the DJI O3 Air Unit does not support INAV. We will report your recommendations to the DJI engineers for evaluation. If it is supported later, we will release a new firmware version. Please keep an eye on the DJI official website. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-7-23
Use props
alexei14
lvl.2
Flight distance : 859239 ft
Germany

DJI please do so and provide some fixes, I updated to O3 and I feel DJI is running behind all the others. Especially the OSD is very bad to say that the open source one for vista is way better that the current stock one for O3. Also understand that without the OSD no matter how good the camera is, nobody will fly with it or will look for alternatives.  
2023-7-24
Use props
rotormasher
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162021 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-23 19:54
Thank you for your feedback. Currently, the DJI O3 Air Unit does not support INAV. We will report your recommendations to the DJI engineers for evaluation. If it is supported later, we will release a new firmware version. Please keep an eye on the DJI official website. Thank you for your understanding.

Yes please make this happen, lots of people will buy the system if this happens!
Thanks
2023-7-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rotormasher Posted at 7-24 12:53
Yes please make this happen, lots of people will buy the system if this happens!
Thanks

We have forwarded the feedback to the engineers, hopefully, they will consider it.
2023-7-24
Use props
Froosky
New

United Kingdom

If you make this happy you'll have a customer again here.
2023-7-25
Use props
djiuser_WDqOuYYAgV1Q
lvl.1

Romania

This would bring more people into using dji and ditching the others. I would love to see osd fully compatible with INAV
2023-7-25
Use props
brythefly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 266 ft
United Kingdom

As a dedicated dji flyer (wings)  we need this msp opening for inav, please have a word with your dev team  to get this implemented  a.s.a.p  
2023-7-25
Use props
0xc02
lvl.1

Portugal

The only reason keeping me from buying O3 and just buying second hand Caddx Vistas at the moment is is the lack of support for iNav glyphs. I might switch to Walksnail in December should DJI ignore us, at least they listen to the community. Others should to the same.
2023-8-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

0xc02 Posted at 8-2 10:25
The only reason keeping me from buying O3 and just buying second hand Caddx Vistas at the moment is is the lack of support for iNav glyphs. I might switch to Walksnail in December should DJI ignore us, at least they listen to the community. Others should to the same.

We are sorry for any inconvenience. We will keep forwarding your feedback and request to the corresponding team. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-8-3
Use props
Halifax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326949 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI ignoring the FPV community makes no sense. They created the O3 air unit for FPV use and then they ignore inav compatibility. I have four O3 units on my planes and am seriously considering Walksnail strictly because DJI won't give us proper OSD function and Walksnail has nailed it not just in providing OSD compatibility but with great flexibility in OSD styles.

It would be a blessing for customers if DJI would just tell us to (1) go to hell, or (2) hang on because it's coming. JUST TELL US WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO.

I will wait another month or so and then I am selling off my O3 units and support gear and buying the full Walksnail system.
2023-8-31
Use props
jan_S
lvl.2

Germany

What a shame ….
After flying only walksnail I today dusted off the O3 plane lying around. It was such a lackluster experience. The OSD is crap such a waste of a good system

Unworthy

I couldn’t even change my tunebecause I couldn’t see which option I selected
2023-9-16
Use props
Halifax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326949 ft
  • >>>
United States

I sold off five O3 air units and switched to Walksnail because of the poor OSD support from DJI. They clearly do not care about the FPV community. They have no intention of fixing this problem.

Crippled technology. Oh well.
2023-11-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Halifax Posted at 11-1 13:56
I sold off five O3 air units and switched to Walksnail because of the poor OSD support from DJI. They clearly do not care about the FPV community. They have no intention of fixing this problem.

Crippled technology. Oh well.

Hi Halifax,  we apologize for reading about this feedback and for any inconvenience caused. May I know if you have had any unpleasant experiences with DJI before? Please provide us the related ticket/ case number, if any. And we will help you to further assist. Looking forward to your reply.
2023-11-1
Use props
NCL
lvl.1

Switzerland

Dear DJI developers,

Many of us need compatibility with the INAV OSD. This navigation system is gaining popularity and attracting beginners who must choose between DJI and the competitor. The ball is in your court!
2023-11-30
Use props
Baggsz
lvl.1
United States

Please DJI can you please make the O3 air unit compatible with the iNav flight software? You don't understand how many people that use iNav would love and buy so many O3 air units for their whole fleet of planes and wings! Honestly is like you guys would be printing money! Thank you!
1-12 16:56
Use props
alexei14
lvl.2
Flight distance : 859239 ft
Germany

So DJI situation is as follows. I own Goggles V1 and Goggles Integra, 4 caddx vista, 4 air units and 2 O3 air units and I am thinking of selling all my DJI producs including the mini 3 pro I have and never support DJI again because this is a simple fix and all the community asks for. I am tired of looking for hacks, compatibility modes and stuff like this to get some parts of the INAV MSP display port working.

I am really looking forward to transition to Walksnail Avatar HD + Moonlight 4k units unless nothing is fixed, this is not normal and whole of the community will do the same sooner or later.
1-14 12:03
Use props
EssentialRC
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Can we have an update from DJI regarding O3 OSD support for INAV? You are falling behind DJI. More and more fixed wing pilots want realtime FPV telemetry and there is no way to make it look as good as the competition.

When is a firmware update for O3 OSD to support INAV going to be released?

2-20 08:52
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

EssentialRC Posted at 2-20 08:52
Can we have an update from DJI regarding O3 OSD support for INAV? You are falling behind DJI. More and more fixed wing pilots want realtime FPV telemetry and there is no way to make it look as good as the competition.

When is a firmware update for O3 OSD to support INAV going to be released?

Hi there, we are sorry that we have not got any information about it at present, you are recommended to keep close attention to the update on our official web: http://dji.com Thanks.
2-20 23:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules