How to enable Atti Mode?
7458 25 2023-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PilotDan
lvl.1
United States

Is there an official way to enable Atti mode manually?
2023-7-24
Use props
st0ff3r
lvl.4
Denmark

Fly it inside a dark place
2023-7-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

st0ff3r Posted at 7-24 16:46
Fly it inside a dark place

It doesn't have to be that dark, I wounder how I know that..... whoops !

I suppose they could also tape over the bottom sensors and cover the top with aluminium foil but I am not certain the latter works and it may then be limited to a height of 30m.

2023-7-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, PilotDan. Thank you for reaching out. There's no option to manually enable the ATTI mode. The aircraft automatically changes to Attitude (ATTI) mode when the Vision Systems are unavailable or disabled and when the GNSS signal is weak or the compass experiences interference. The aircraft will not be able to hover or brake automatically, therefore please land the aircraft as soon as possible to avoid accidents.
2023-7-24
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

if you want ATTI you have to try old Mavic Pro
2023-7-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There's no official way to enable it,    if you can stop it picking up sats then it will default to anti mode or you have to go the unofficial route.  
2023-7-24
Use props
PilotDan
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-24 19:55
Hi, PilotDan. Thank you for reaching out. There's to option to manually enable the ATTI mode. The aircraft automatically changes to Attitude (ATTI) mode when the Vision Systems are unavailable or disabled and when the GNSS signal is weak or the compass experiences interference. The aircraft will not be able to hover or brake automatically, therefore please land the aircraft as soon as possible to avoid accidents.

I don't want to "land the aircraft as soon as possible to avoid accidents".  I actually want to fly it without the GPS guidance enabled, like I used to be able to do with my old Phantom 3.  Is there really no option to switch into ATTI mode like the older drones had?
2023-7-25
Use props
PilotDan
lvl.1
United States

fateofangel Posted at 7-24 21:29
if you want ATTI you have to try old Mavic Pro

Holy crap, did they actually remove the ability to enable ATTI mode manually?!
2023-7-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PilotDan Posted at 7-25 05:02
Holy crap, did they actually remove the ability to enable ATTI mode manually?!

If you want it you have to go the unofficial route.  I have my C mode remapped to it making it easy to switch.
2023-7-25
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

yes only underground fly will make you allow to fly ATTI
2023-7-25
Use props
PilotDan
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-25 05:18
If you want it you have to go the unofficial route.  I have my C mode remapped to it making it easy to switch.

Sounds neat!  Does that require the old version of DJI Assistant or is there another way to do that?
2023-7-25
Use props
flyingbackwards
lvl.1
Flight distance : 556125 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-24 19:55
Hi, PilotDan. Thank you for reaching out. There's to option to manually enable the ATTI mode. The aircraft automatically changes to Attitude (ATTI) mode when the Vision Systems are unavailable or disabled and when the GNSS signal is weak or the compass experiences interference. The aircraft will not be able to hover or brake automatically, therefore please land the aircraft as soon as possible to avoid accidents.

I just got the Mini 3 Pro last week (have had a M2P for years) and was flying it out over the ocean probably 50' up taking photos in 48mp and I got a warning that drone when into Attitude mode and I lost connection. I tried RTH immediately though it is set that way by default but kinda freaked as i could not get it to relink. Restarted the RC, ran toward the drone which was about 700' out. Nothing, could not get it to relink. Has anyone seen this issue before? Not familiar with this. Even when it did eventually come back I had to reboot the drone and controller again to get link.
2023-7-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PilotDan Posted at 7-25 16:20
Sounds neat!  Does that require the old version of DJI Assistant or is there another way to do that?

I sent you a PM with all the details
2023-7-26
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
Japan

Does the old parameter hack work as for older mavics?
2023-7-26
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

flyingbackwards Posted at 7-25 18:26
I just got the Mini 3 Pro last week (have had a M2P for years) and was flying it out over the ocean probably 50' up taking photos in 48mp and I got a warning that drone when into Attitude mode and I lost connection. I tried RTH immediately though it is set that way by default but kinda freaked as i could not get it to relink. Restarted the RC, ran toward the drone which was about 700' out. Nothing, could not get it to relink. Has anyone seen this issue before? Not familiar with this. Even when it did eventually come back I had to reboot the drone and controller again to get link.

There are several similar cases when shooting 48mp that it looses signal.
There was latest cases last week itself.  
2023-7-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

PilotDan Posted at 7-25 05:02
I don't want to "land the aircraft as soon as possible to avoid accidents".  I actually want to fly it without the GPS guidance enabled, like I used to be able to do with my old Phantom 3.  Is there really no option to switch into ATTI mode like the older drones had?

Regretfully, there's none but we'll take it as a suggestion of yours and we'll forward it to our relevant team for its potential. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-7-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

flyingbackwards Posted at 7-25 18:26

Hi, flyingbackwards. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to read about this. May we ask if you were able to retrieve the drone?
2023-8-1
Use props
stw
New

United States

Is there any way to activate atti mode?
2023-12-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

stw Posted at 12-30 09:44
Is there any way to activate atti mode?

. . . . No . . . . . . . .
2023-12-30
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 22:20
Use props
djiuser_gllSiBVBsQnr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6634721 ft
United States

There’s a way now. Latest update presents “No Position hold” at first attempt prop startup as an option. Anyone tried it yet, though?
1-10 07:41
Use props
djiuser_gllSiBVBsQnr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6634721 ft
United States

There’s a way now. Latest update presents “No Position hold” at first attempt prop startup as an option. Anyone tried it yet, though?
1-10 07:41
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_gllSiBVBsQnr Posted at 1-10 07:41

No ... No Position Hold, is a misleading and pointless popup that does nothing except confuse users.
It does not enable Atti Mode.
1-10 12:59
Use props
Checco
New

Italy

Any update? Anyone knows any way to manually activate the ATTI MODE on the DJI AIR3? I desperately need the ATTI MODE to do my job properly!
2-19 23:54
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

There is no official way. You can disable GPS if you cover the top of the case with foil and the sensors on the bottom, while the flight altitude will be limited to 30m. What is the work ?
2-20 00:25
Use props
DanielWallet
lvl.1

China

To enable the Attitude (ATTI) Mode on your DJI Mini 3 Pro, you usually have to experience a loss of GPS signal, as ATTI Mode isn't a mode that you can manually switch to on most DJI drones; it's a failsafe mode. However, the DJI Mini 3 Pro doesn't officially support a manual switch to ATTI Mode. This mode is typically used when the GPS signal is weak or unavailable, and the drone needs to maintain flight stability without GPS assistance. In normal conditions, your drone should automatically switch to ATTI Mode if it detects that the GPS signal is too weak to provide stable flight conditions.

Please note that flying in ATTI Mode requires more skill as the drone will not hold its position automatically and can drift with the wind. It's also important to mention that the user manual does not explicitly detail how to enable ATTI Mode, which suggests that it is not a feature intended for regular user activation. For safety and compliance with local regulations, always ensure that your drone is within your line of sight and under control, especially if flying without GPS stabilization.

The information provided in the reference materials does not include details on how to enable ATTI Mode for the DJI Mini 3 Pro, focusing instead on features like the camera sensor, APAS 4.0, flight time, transmission distance, and smart features like FocusTrack and QuickTransfer.
If you're looking to adjust manual settings such as shutter speed and ISO for video recording, the M mode (Manual mode) on the DJI Mini 3 Pro allows you to do so. Remember to consult the drone's user manual or DJI support for further guidance on using M mode and other advanced features.
2-20 01:07
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules