DJI RC 2 CPU-Z request
1796 17 2023-7-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arkhira
lvl.2
Flight distance : 452343 ft
Canada

Have any reviewers ran CPU-Z against the new controller? The DJI site says it has an upgraded SoC but they never share details on what is used. The DJI RC has a Snapdragon 626 with 1GB LPDDR3.
2023-7-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it's like the DJI RC then you officially cant run any 3rd party apps on it.
2023-7-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Arkhira. Thank you for reaching out. Let me confirm if we have that information from our relevant team. We'll get back to you once we receive an update.
2023-7-25
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28641640 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've seen several videos that the RC2 has beefed-up processors and as such a new dedicated fan for cooling. No lag and one can use all of the features without fear of lag and jitter.
2023-7-26
Use props
Arkhira
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-25 20:42
Hi, Arkhira. Thank you for reaching out. Let me confirm if we have that information from our relevant team. We'll get back to you once we receive an update.

Thank you! If running CPU-Z isn't "supported" then it would be nice to know what DJI says about which SoC and the ram used.
2023-7-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Arkhira Posted at 7-26 06:28
Thank you! If running CPU-Z isn't "supported" then it would be nice to know what DJI says about which SoC and the ram used.

Hello, we are sorry to inform you that there is no more information that can be found about the CPU of the DJI RC 2. Could you kindly tell us what problems did you encounter during use? And we can help you solve it.
2023-7-30
Use props
Arkhira
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-30 07:51
Hello, we are sorry to inform you that there is no more information that can be found about the CPU of the DJI RC 2. Could you kindly tell us what problems did you encounter during use? And we can help you solve it.

Hi Gamora,

There is no issue. I simply want to see the hardware specs for the new RC 2 to compare it with the old RC and the RC Pro to see where it fits into the product line up. Its disappointing that DJI does not publish this information.
2023-7-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Arkhira Posted at 7-30 09:01
Hi Gamora,

There is no issue. I simply want to see the hardware specs for the new RC 2 to compare it with the old RC and the RC Pro to see where it fits into the product line up. Its disappointing that DJI does not publish this information.

Hi, Arkhira. Thank you for the clarification and we apologize if we don't have any information regards to the hardware specs of the DJI RC 2. What we can provide is that the DJI RC 2 does not support installing third-party apps just like the DJI RC.
2023-8-1
Use props
segrex_it
lvl.4
Flight distance : 396952 ft
  • >>>
Italy

The CPU is probably this:

https://www.qualcomm.com/content ... ef_87-28733-1-b.pdf

Or a customized version. The GPU is definitely an Adreno 643.
2023-9-28
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-30 07:51

That's odd... The relevant team knows about the new processor, to the point that they advertised it on the website, but they can't tell you what it is?? How is it possible??

2023-9-28
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Why should they have to? You bought a product, the product does everthing well. Period.
Sometimes those informations are internal and you may have to sign an NDA agreement to get them. It's nothing they have to give you as a customer. If you have complaints, feel free to contact the support.
2023-9-28
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

SeehawerB Posted at 9-28 02:21
Why should they have to? You bought a product, the product does everthing well. Period.
Sometimes those informations are internal and you may have to sign an NDA agreement to get them. It's nothing they have to give you as a customer. If you have complaints, feel free to contact the support.

They don't have to but they could... Same way as they could release a proper changelog for the various firmware instead of a simple notice containing the usual "Fixed some known issues" and the other one "Added features require"

Lack of transparency is a bitch...
2023-9-28
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Burt37 Posted at 9-28 02:44
They don't have to but they could... Same way as they could release a proper changelog for the various firmware instead of a simple notice containing the usual "Fixed some known issues" and the other one "Added features require"

Lack of transparency is a bitch...

Lack of transparency is, but DJI isn't the only one that does crap like that. Just about every app I have installed on my phone, the updates say something very similar. YouTube is the worst.
2023-9-28
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

JodyB Posted at 9-28 07:54
Lack of transparency is, but DJI isn't the only one that does crap like that. Just about every app I have installed on my phone, the updates say something very similar. YouTube is the worst.

True but that still doesn't make it right. If an app on your phone doesn't work, that's where it ends. If the DJI Fly app stop working, you just lost your drone and all you had on your SD card, or worse...

Not really the same... Also with software, where I have paid money for it (good money), I do expect the changelog to tell me exactly where, why and what, so that I can have an informed decision for my investment on such product...

When DJI releases a new firmware update that add or remove functionalities, I should be the able to be the judge on what goes in or out of my drone, so that I can choose based on an educated knowledge!

Fair enough?
2023-9-28
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Burt37 Posted at 9-28 13:21
True but that still doesn't make it right. If an app on your phone doesn't work, that's where it ends. If the DJI Fly app stop working, you just lost your drone and all you had on your SD card, or worse...

Not really the same... Also with software, where I have paid money for it (good money), I do expect the changelog to tell me exactly where, why and what, so that I can have an informed decision for my investment on such product...

I wasn't saying you weren't right, just saying it's becoming an annoying copy cat action of a lot of companies. Not just software for phones or computers but other things as well.
2023-9-28
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

JodyB Posted at 9-28 13:33
I wasn't saying you weren't right, just saying it's becoming an annoying copy cat action of a lot of companies. Not just software for phones or computers but other things as well.

Agreed, but it is up to the individual to make this "convenient" form of attitude stop. If we all stick together things will change... Or the easiest way will be to vote with our wallet..

Perhaps we are too late...
2023-9-28
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Burt37 Posted at 9-28 13:42
Agreed, but it is up to the individual to make this "convenient" form of attitude stop. If we all stick together things will change... Or the easiest way will be to vote with our wallet..

Perhaps we are too late...

I've had a few DJI drones. Dating back to the DJI/Ryze robotics Tello and then the Mavic Mini. They've always left us wondering about some updates. But yet I keep coming back for more for some reason so I fear for me, it maybe too late. But I still strongly voice my opinions when DJI does silly stuff. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and yes, it does get upsetting when it doesn't. It especially frustrates me when they use the usual responses, pass it to the relavant team and such. Like this post, the OP's questions was about the specs of the controller. Their response, basically, we don't know. They made the darn thing. I know they have some specs on it.
2023-9-28
Use props
BlairTheMaori
lvl.1
Flight distance : 611729 ft
New Zealand

It sure does make the whole "forwarded to the Relevant Team" response sound like the automated response i've always thought it was. Next time i hear a DJI person say "relevant team", ill be sure to ask exactly what team they're talking about. Wouldnt be surprised if the DJI admins are literally bots.
2023-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules