Air 3 with RC Pro
5399 17 2023-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28389 ft
Austria

Works the new Air 3 also in combination with th RC Pro?
If yes, the Air 3 supports Ocusync 4 - must have the controller the same ocusync protocoll

Thank you to bring light into the darkness ;-)

Josef

2023-7-26
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Dji staff already said the new air 3 is os4, therefore it will not work on the rc pro. Someone said there will be a rc pro 2. So if the rc2 isn't good enough, just wait for the rc pro 2.
2023-7-26
Use props
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Austria

djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC Posted at 7-26 00:10
Dji staff already said the new air 3 is os4, therefore it will not work on the rc pro. Someone said there will be a rc pro 2. So if the rc2 isn't good enough, just wait for the rc pro 2.

hmmm...., its not good, my RC Pro is 6 weeks old and cost me a lot of money. Maybe they can upgrade to OS4 with an firmware update....
2023-7-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, Cpt. Joe. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI RC Pro is not yet compatible with the new Air 3 drone. We don't have information yet but we will consider this as a suggestion and get this raised to our designated team. You can also refer to the following link for more information about the new Air 3: https://www.dji.com/air-3. We appreciate your support and patience. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-26
Use props
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Austria

DJI Tony Posted at 7-26 00:29
Hi there, Cpt. Joe. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI RC Pro is not yet compatible with the new Air 3 drone. We don't have information yet but we will consider this as a suggestion and get this raised to our designated team. You can also refer to the following link for more information about the new Air 3: https://www.dji.com/air-3. We appreciate your support and patience. Have a great day ahead.

thank you,

looks not good, I still still researching this information about OcuSync 4.0 (O4)

O4 is the next generation of the OcuSync protocol. O4 was presented together with the DJI Air 3 drone. Like O3+, O4 enables image transmission with 1080p and a refresh rate of up to 60 fps.

However, it is not just a matter of adapting the software. For the first time, drones with O4 can use six independent antennas, of which the four antennas with the strongest signal are operated according to the 4T2R principle (4 receivers, 2 transmitters).

The range increases slightly compared to O3+ even under CE conditions. Furthermore, with O4 DJI allows for the first time the use of the 5.1 GHz band in addition to the 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz operation.

O4 is currently not compatible with O3 or O3+. This also applies to the corresponding O3(+) controllers.

Which drones support O4?
Currently, the following drones and devices can handle O4:

DJI Air 3
DJI RC2 controllers
DJI RC-N2 Controller

Range of O4:
FCC 20,000m
DAS 10,000 m
SRRC 10,000m
MIC 10,000m
2023-7-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Cpt. Joe Posted at 7-26 00:42
thank you,

looks not good, I still still researching this information about OcuSync 4.0 (O4)

We understand the inconvenience Cpt. Joe. We don't have any information yet if it's possible because we also need to consider the RC Pro's hardware capabilities that cannot be altered by firmware updates. But be assured this has been referred to them. Stay tuned on DJI official website at dji.com to check for the latest DJI news and updates. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-26
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The DJI RC Pro needs to support this new drone, the RC Pro internal antennas match what is required of O4 so there is no reason why this shouldn't be compatible.

If no compatibility then I'll pass, there is no way I will fork out even more money for a second "Pro" controller
2023-7-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DubSound Posted at 7-26 01:46
The DJI RC Pro needs to support this new drone, the RC Pro internal antennas match what is required of O4 so there is no reason why this shouldn't be compatible.

If no compatibility then I'll pass, there is no way I will fork out even more money for a second "Pro" controller

Hi, DubSound. We currently don't have information yet for the compatibility of the DJI RC Pro with the Air 3 and the speculated "RC Pro 2". Thank you for understanding. Get updated by visiting the DJI official website at dji.com. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-26
Use props
djiuser_zCMRYqLxUf8f
lvl.1

Germany

Hello, it can't be the case that you own a DJI RC Pro Controller and need a new controller for every new drone, such as the Air 3 or the Mini 4.  The whole thing is also very harmful to the environment because of rare earths.  I ask once again on behalf of all RC Pro Controller owners to provide an update as soon as possible.
2023-10-22
Use props
Mberger Drones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4100059 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

To this day, I'm looking for a response from DJI about the compatibility of the DJI AIR 3 with GOOGLES 2 and MOTION 2 being possible and the DJI RC PRO not being compatible, at least explain the reason DJI, stop with the standard responses.
2023-10-22
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Cpt. Joe Posted at 7-26 00:42
thank you,

You got it wrong...

"However, it is not just a matter of adapting the software. For the first time, drones with O4 can use six independent antennas, of which the four antennas with the strongest signal are operated according to the 4T2R principle (4 receivers, 2 transmitters)."

4T2R is 4 Transmitter and 2 Receiver. The RC Pro already has the 4T2R, so it is not an issue, but just a matter of getting a new firmware... Hopefully it will come soon...
2023-10-22
Use props
aeltugral
lvl.2
Turkey

Hello, I want to livestream with my new Air 3, but I can't do it because the remote controller doesn't have an HDMI output. I want to do it with the RcPro remote, but unfortunately, I can't connect. This is a major issue! Right now, no matter what we do, we can't livestream with the Air 3. Very disappointing...
2023-11-4
Use props
Capt217
lvl.1

United States

I'm with aeltugral. Exactly what I'm trying to do, and it is beyond disappointing that DJI hasn't provided this ability.
2023-11-5
Use props
djiuser_f1rmt2MTx9LP
New

United States

IMO, if the $1000 rc pro isn't going to be compatible with new drones, dji should give people who bought one a free ~$300 rc2. The rc pro feels like just a huge waste of money now.
2023-11-9
Use props
wsteeleNYC
lvl.1
United States

What would be useful is to definitively know what will and won't be posssible for cross compatibility of drones and controllers.  All we get a canned responses essentially telling us nothing.  I have no doubt that there are people at DJI who know what possible compatibility roadmaps are.  Instead of just waiting around for compatibility from updates to materialize I would rather know so I can make the decision to upgrade or to wait.  For instance I have the mini 3 pro  with the RC-N1 and would upgrade to the RC2 if it becomes compatible because I want to use my xreal AR glasses with it.  Buying the pro was just never a viable option cost wise for that.  However I might consider updating to the mini 4 pro if RC2  to mini 3 pro compatibility is not even possible.  Please give us answers from your engineering department instead of canned responses that say nothing.
2023-12-11
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2795098 ft
  • >>>
Romania

aeltugral Posted at 11-4 08:06
Hello, I want to livestream with my new Air 3, but I can't do it because the remote controller doesn't have an HDMI output. I want to do it with the RcPro remote, but unfortunately, I can't connect. This is a major issue! Right now, no matter what we do, we can't livestream with the Air 3. Very disappointing...

Actually, it does.
Use the USB-C to HDMI, it works perfectly with RC2.
2023-12-13
Use props
fans86519d62
lvl.2
Turkey

Geo_Drone Posted at 12-13 00:32
Actually, it does.
Use the USB-C to HDMI, it works perfectly with RC2.

The method you mentioned can be used outside of live broadcasts. However, since it transfers screen captures during live broadcasts, warning data during flights will also be sent to the live broadcast. For this reason, as someone who professionally conducts live broadcasts, this method seems quite amateurish
2023-12-19
Use props
Geo_Drone
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2795098 ft
  • >>>
Romania

fans86519d62 Posted at 12-19 03:28
The method you mentioned can be used outside of live broadcasts. However, since it transfers screen captures during live broadcasts, warning data during flights will also be sent to the live broadcast. For this reason, as someone who professionally conducts live broadcasts, this method seems quite amateurish

If you want to broadcast like a PRO, you take one Autel Evo 2 Pro and an Autel Live Deck.
2023-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules