825 9 2023-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneTraveler
lvl.2
Flight distance : 274432 ft
United States

Hello,
When you create a Waypoint based mission and execute it, is obstacle avoidance enabled throughout the mission?  If so, what doe sit do - go around the obstacle and complete the misison, stop in it's tracks or Return to Home?

Thanks
2023-7-26
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

My experience so far is that it will stop and hover. Still testing...
2023-7-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

RTFM!! It's in there.
2023-7-26
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-26 12:48
RTFM!! It's in there.

It certainly is, I wasn't going there.
2023-7-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 7-26 12:51
It certainly is, I wasn't going there.

These new pilots need to learn to read.
2023-7-26
Use props
DroneTraveler
lvl.2
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 7-26 12:48
RTFM!! It's in there.

I don't own the Drone yet and therefore don't have the manual so not a great assumption on your part.  My question is part of a purchase decision for me, not how do I use something I've already purchased.

Even if I did, what exactly is the point of calling someone out on a public forum to read the manual?  Do you feel smart now?
2023-7-26
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The manual can be found right here.   
2023-7-26
Use props
DroneTraveler
lvl.2
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 7-26 14:04
The manual can be found right here.

Thanks for that link, helpful.  In reading the manual, looks like it will brake and hover even if Bypass is set (page 43).  Bummer.

That brings up a second question now that I have the manual.  I currently use Litchi on my Mavic Pro which allows me to create a waypoint mission, start video recording and it records the entire 20-minute mission in whatever video setting (e.g., 1080p).

Am I to understand that the Air doesn't allow us to create a full-length HD/4K video of the entire mission but tries to create a weird Hyperlapse instead?  This is weird.  What if I create a 7-step waypoint mission and start video recording on WP1 – would that fool the drone into outputting a complete video instead of a Hyperlapse?

2023-7-26
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

DroneTraveler Posted at 7-26 13:55
I don't own the Drone yet and therefore don't have the manual so not a great assumption on your part.  My question is part of a purchase decision for me, not how do I use something I've already purchased.

Even if I did, what exactly is the point of calling someone out on a public forum to read the manual?  Do you feel smart now?

As KLSRKIR pointed out, the manual is on the net. As are most manuals these days.
2023-7-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Before starting the Waypoint route, please check the obstacle avoidance settings in the safety settings. When it is set to bypass or brake, the aircraft will perform the braking action when it encounters an obstacle. When it is set to off, the aircraft will not be able to avoid obstacles. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules