752 25 2023-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am an addict. That statement is the first step in the program. I used to be an over-eager buyer of the latest DJI drone, no matter that I might not even use it. But....I finally  had to recognize the addiction and deal with it. When the Mini 3 came out...I called on my friends to restrain me from buying it. It was rough...very rough. But that is what friends are for. It worked.

Then...the A3 appeared..... you know the rest. I had the money in my hand and was about to use it to satisfy my needs. Very fortunately my friends did an intervention to stop me from the self-abuse. It was humbling, but later I felt much better. I am stating publically that I have NOT ordered a new drone in over a year now. My friends made me a patch to celebrate that. It is just day by day now but...I think I will be ok.
Pray for me ;-)

2023-7-27
Use props
Lops
lvl.3
Flight distance : 747772 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I  wish you good luck , and keep in mind that the improvements of a new version of whatever series drone is in reality not that great as advertisements try to suggest. Besides that the real issues with the current devices are either not discussed at all or later when a new model is promoted...to keep that in mind could help to decrease the level of addiction...
2023-7-27
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its hard not to have the latest DJI offering, mine started with the first Mavic Pro, then the Mavic 2 pro, then sold Mavic Pro, what slowed me was the high price for the Mavic 3, rule changes in the UK also made me change to the <250g first being Mini 2, sold the Mavic 2 Pro, then bought Mini 3 Pro.

I realised the Youtube influencers were influencing me ! Thats stopped in my mind for now.

Mini 4 Pro ummm maybe. Happy flying everyone.
2023-7-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully, when you look at the patch it will motivate you to continue to abstain from buying every  new drone product.  
2023-7-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stay Strong.   
2023-7-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I hope you feel bolstered by our support at this difficult time.  Don't weaken now
2023-7-28
Use props
Dan Jurak
lvl.2

Canada

Lops Posted at 7-27 23:21
I  wish you good luck , and keep in mind that the improvements of a new version of whatever series drone is in reality not that great as advertisements try to suggest. Besides that the real issues with the current devices are either not discussed at all or later when a new model is promoted...to keep that in mind could help to decrease the level of addiction...

Totally.
I was all hyped about the Air 3 until I realized that image quality might not be better or much better than my Air 2S.
With O4 being released I think that it's only a matter of time before a Mavic 4 Pro is released with O4.
That is what I am now waiting for.
2023-7-28
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Everyday is a struggle. Life is very, very short. I choose to feed my addiction while also enjoying the new sensor technology. Peace be with you.
2023-7-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well done
2023-7-28
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guys do I have to explain this is a joke? None of it is true ;-)
2023-7-28
Use props
Lops
lvl.3
Flight distance : 747772 ft
  • >>>
Germany

GaryDoug Posted at 7-28 17:28

or there is a bigger problem than you thought
2023-7-28
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Dan Jurak Posted at 7-28 05:24
Totally.
I was all hyped about the Air 3 until I realized that image quality might not be better or much better than my Air 2S.
With O4 being released I think that it's only a matter of time before a Mavic 4 Pro is released with O4.

There will always be a better one on the horizon whether you buy today or next year, differences in image quality will also be minimal with new releases but huge compared to older Mavic1 etc. it just depends whether you need or want it now or later, waiting weeks for a new drone will show minimal difference, waiting 3 years should show noticeable difference, we should note with original Mavic 3 tele camera it was useless now with updates it is a pretty sound camera.
2023-7-29
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 7-28 17:28

You’re obviously still in denial, go to a meeting..
2023-7-29
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hear you Brother!
2023-7-30
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

With DJI products, mine started with the original Mavic Mini. Then the Mavic Air 2. Skipped the mini2 and mini3. But I just could not help myself with the Air3...... Other DJI products include 3 of the original Osmo Action, Action2 and now the Action4. And the collection will also include the DJI Mic system as well. Although as a true addict would say, I don't think I have a problem. I've actually tried to make sound, logical decisions on each purchase. I just don't know how well that is panning out for me, lol.
2023-8-4
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

No one helped intervene for me so you know the rest of the story? The new Air 3 was delivered a few days ago. So far so good and now just waiting for some good 3rd party filters to choose from
2023-8-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 7-28 05:03
I hope you feel bolstered by our support at this difficult time.  Don't weaken now

Lend him a bit of your fence
2023-8-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hording money and never spending it is also an addiction, The only way to waste money is not to spend it
2023-8-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 8-4 05:24
With DJI products, mine started with the original Mavic Mini. Then the Mavic Air 2. Skipped the mini2 and mini3. But I just could not help myself with the Air3...... Other DJI products include 3 of the original Osmo Action, Action2 and now the Action4. And the collection will also include the DJI Mic system as well. Although as a true addict would say, I don't think I have a problem. I've actually tried to make sound, logical decisions on each purchase. I just don't know how well that is panning out for me, lol.

You skipped the best drone of all the Mini 3 Pro
2023-8-5
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 8-5 04:51
Lend him a bit of your fence

There's always room on it for one more indecisive soul .
2023-8-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 8-5 05:49
There's always room on it for one more indecisive soul .

On this one I keep jumping on and Off
2023-8-5
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 8-5 10:47
On this one I keep jumping on and Off

Now who's the one collecting splinters?
2023-8-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 8-5 11:00
Now who's the one collecting splinters?

Good point. I am off at the moment
2023-8-5
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 8-5 13:36
Good point. I am off at the moment

On which side? Are you going to practice what you preach and shell out for one?
2023-8-6
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 8-5 04:55
You skipped the best drone of all the Mini 3 Pro

I know right?
2023-8-6
Use props
angeloffate
lvl.4
Poland

you are not the only one, the little changes they made everyone desire new model, even if you burn all flight spots in your area
2023-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules