456 10 2023-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
glenntlabay7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6491033 ft
  • >>>
United States

I inspect solar farms and for years have used an M210 with a Zenmuse XT2. The DJI Pilot 2 app for the Mav3T is nice but missing a key safety feature for solar inspections.

The radius turn function can cause a collision or stop a mission when flying a low inspection with trees close to the solar panels. It is important to be able to disable the "radius turn" and just fly the waypoints to keep the inspection tight. Maybe I am missing the button so any help would be great. If not please have the development team look into this very important parameter control.
I would also like to know how to have the app shoot pictures from waypoint to waypoint only. While the aircraft traverses it continues to take photos which adds work in post-production time when creating maps and solar reports.

Thanks

2023-7-28
Use props
LudvikRa-Bakk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 719806 ft
Norway

I agree the dji fly 2 need some more/new future's. I dont think you can set it so the drone takes pictures on every waypoint but if you're mapping it's better with many pictures and overlap so it get better quality and more accurate map. And I don't understand the other question or what problem you explain so please give me some more information. I have a question to you to because I have the dji mavic 3T with the dji rc pro enterprise controller and I dosen't find the "follow me" and "active track" mode so where do you find it? Can you please tell me step to step on how to get the mode? The dji fly 2 app need some updates so it's easy to find what you want. I played over 7 000$ for the drone! So it should be more easy and more future's!
2023-7-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we will forward your feedback and inquiry to the corresponding team. Thanks for your support to DJI.
2023-7-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

LudvikRa-Bakk Posted at 7-29 03:29
I agree the dji fly 2 need some more/new future's. I dont think you can set it so the drone takes pictures on every waypoint but if you're mapping it's better with many pictures and overlap so it get better quality and more accurate map. And I don't understand the other question or what problem you explain so please give me some more information. I have a question to you to because I have the dji mavic 3T with the dji rc pro enterprise controller and I dosen't find the "follow me" and "active track" mode so where do you find it? Can you please tell me step to step on how to get the mode? The dji fly 2 app need some updates so it's easy to find what you want. I played over 7 000$ for the drone! So it should be more easy and more future's!

Hi there, may I ask what's the model of your other drone? If it's Mini 2, we are sorry to tell you that Mini 2 does not support the surveying and mapping function. DJI does not intend to add this function later. The reason for this is because the surveying and mapping function has high requirements for the aircraft’s positioning system and camera lens. Currently, DJI Mini 2 cannot support such a professional function. If the user has professional mapping requirements, recommend that they purchase a DJI Enterprise product.
And the DJI Mavic 3T is mainly used for power line inspection, oil and gas inspection, pipeline patrol, firefighting rescue, emergency rescue, police affairs and law enforcement, traffic law enforcement, forest fire prevention, environmental protection, animal protection, etc. It does not support ActiveTrack.
2023-7-29
Use props
glenntlabay7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6491033 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-29 04:38
Hi there, may I ask what's the model of your other drone? If it's Mini 2, we are sorry to tell you that Mini 2 does not support the surveying and mapping function. DJI does not intend to add this function later. The reason for this is because the surveying and mapping function has high requirements for the aircraft’s positioning system and camera lens. Currently, DJI Mini 2 cannot support such a professional function. If the user has professional mapping requirements, recommend that they purchase a DJI Enterprise product.
And the DJI Mavic 3T is mainly used for power line inspection, oil and gas inspection, pipeline patrol, firefighting rescue, emergency rescue, police affairs and law enforcement, traffic law enforcement, forest fire prevention, environmental protection, animal protection, etc. It does not support ActiveTrack.

As I stated in my original message I am a professional solar farm inspector flying a Mavic 3T Enterprise sUAS.
2023-7-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

glenntlabay7 Posted at 7-29 07:30
As I stated in my original message I am a professional solar farm inspector flying a Mavic 3T Enterprise sUAS.

Hi there, my reply on 4# is for LudvikRa-Bakk. As I replied on 3#, I've forwarded your inquiry to the corresponding team, and here is the reply to your inquiry.
1. If you are planning a waypoint-type route, you can set the waypoint type to 'Straight route. Aircraft stops" on the route parameter setting page. In this case, the aircraft will not make a coordinated turn. If it is planned for other types of routes, coordinated turns will be used by default and cannot be turned off.
2. If it is a route of planning waypoint type, you can set the action of 'Capture at Equal Distance Interval' and 'Capture at Equal Time Interval' at a certain waypoint, and then set "Stop recording" at a subsequent waypoint action, which can realize only taking photos between some waypoints.
If other types of routes are planned, the default route will take photos throughout the course, and modification is not supported.
2023-7-31
Use props
LudvikRa-Bakk
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-29 04:38

Yes i meant dji pilot 2 not fly 2. So dji m3t dosent have active track why? It's such a big future so it should have active track or a tracing system.
2023-8-5
Use props
LudvikRa-Bakk
lvl.1
Norway

glenntlabay7 Posted at 7-29 07:30

Can you give me some tips on what prices you use and what to look for in a inspection? What is wrong and what is good? Im a new user of the drone and wants to make money from it
2023-8-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

LudvikRa-Bakk Posted at 8-5 07:24
Yes i meant dji pilot 2 not fly 2. So dji m3t dosent have active track why? It's such a big future so it should have active track or a tracing system.

As we explained above DJI Mavic 3T is mainly used for power line inspection, oil and gas inspection, pipeline patrol, firefighting rescue, emergency rescue, police affairs and law enforcement, traffic law enforcement, forest fire prevention, environmental protection, animal protection, etc. It does not support ActiveTrack. But we will forward your feedback and request to the corresponding team for evaluation. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-8-6
Use props
LudvikRa-Bakk
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-6 06:24
As we explained above DJI Mavic 3T is mainly used for power line inspection, oil and gas inspection, pipeline patrol, firefighting rescue, emergency rescue, police affairs and law enforcement, traffic law enforcement, forest fire prevention, environmental protection, animal protection, etc. It does not support ActiveTrack. But we will forward your feedback and request to the corresponding team for evaluation. Thanks for your understanding.

thanks for reporting it to the team! It is such a bigfeuture as i said earlier and i think it would sell better if it was an active track mode there. And useful if you wanna follow a lost animal or something so u dont miss it.
2023-8-12
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

LudvikRa-Bakk Posted at 8-12 06:11
thanks for reporting it to the team! It is such a bigfeuture as i said earlier and i think it would sell better if it was an active track mode there. And useful if you wanna follow a lost animal or something so u dont miss it.

Hello, there. Thank you for your advice. We will forward it to our teams for evaluation.
2023-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules