10 bit color and codec question
699 6 2023-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PNW Enduro
lvl.1

Canada

If I choose to record in 2.64 codec will the Osmo Action 3 still record in 10 bit color?

I recently switched from GoPro Hero 11 to the Osmo action 3 for my YouTube channel, I'm very happy with the camera so far. My editing program on my laptop has trouble with HEVC 2.65 codec. If I switch to recording in 2.64 I can use my older editing program that has been flawless. Just wanting to make sure I wont lose the 10 bit color as it really makes a big difference in video quality.
2023-7-30
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

You only get 10 bit with h.265 and D-CineLike.
2023-7-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

use Proxies, or try renaming hte extension see if that helps
2023-7-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, PNW Enduro. Thank you for reaching out. 2.64 doesn't record 10-bit color. If you choose HDR mode or change the color mode to D-Cinelike, the format will automatically be changed to H.265.
2023-7-30
Use props
hurtighansen1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26296 ft
Denmark

Why use that old format. It's ok, But, Look at youtube, why 265 is better, incam and saved files on computer. I did think, like you, use old 264 when all my other cams use it. But do not matter at all. When you have, edit your video, and wanna upload, render out in 264 for youtube. That works ok. But if you have a file you realy wanna save for later in life, save in 265 and you will not have lost any qualerty in, packing and unpacking.
Just give in, use 265 lol
2023-7-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

not all are with  todayte machine
2023-7-31
Use props
PNW Enduro
lvl.1

Canada

hurtighansen1 Posted at 7-30 23:09
Why use that old format. It's ok, But, Look at youtube, why 265 is better, incam and saved files on computer. I did think, like you, use old 264 when all my other cams use it. But do not matter at all. When you have, edit your video, and wanna upload, render out in 264 for youtube. That works ok. But if you have a file you realy wanna save for later in life, save in 265 and you will not have lost any qualerty in, packing and unpacking.
Just give in, use 265 lol

It was my laptop that could not handle editing the files, not enough ram. I've upgraded my laptop now so no more problems and I use 265.
2023-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules