RID Information for Older Mini 2
2074 5 2023-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jesus.bum
New
Flight distance : 4498 ft

United States

I know this is something that alot have probably discussed, but I cannot find a definitive answer.
Preface: I live in then USA under the FAA Regulations.

I bought a Mini 2 from a friend who has had it for a year or two. This is my frist DJI product, and its great. I have the interest of getting my Part 107 and I fully intend on using my Mini 2 under the Part 107 umbrella. I understand that RECREATIONALLY, I am able to fly the Mini 2 without RID and without Registration. However, I dont want to fly recreationally, I want to fly Commercially. My serial number doesnt match the 1581F..... Serial numbers which I've seen implies it has hardware for RID.

So with all that info, what do I need to do to be compliant with the FAA while flying my DJI Mini 2 under my Part 107. Im capable of soldering and installing modules if I have to with instruction but would LOVE to avoid that. I also dont have the funds to upgrade right now to something with RID compatibility.  

Your help is immensely appreciated, and forgive me if this is a dead horse im beating by asking this question.
2023-7-31
Use props
CWO512
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12766 ft
United States

There's already another thread about this. You have two choices:
1) velcro on a self-contained FAA-approved RID module

2) sell the Mini 2 and buy a Mini 3, then you have built-in RID, more flight time and by the time you buy a RID module for the Mini 2 it'll cost less money.
2023-7-31
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Jesus.bum. Thank you for your feedback. According to the FAR Part 89 Remote ID regulations, the RID compliance for American users starts on September 16, 2023. Before that, the FAA RID regulation does not affect the user’s flight activity. After September 16, 2023, please purchase a third-party RID module that complies with RID MOC and add it to the aircraft.
2023-7-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

See this thread for RID information

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1
2023-7-31
Use props
Tom Richard
lvl.2

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 7-31 19:19
Hi, Jesus.bum. Thank you for your feedback. According to the FAR Part 89 Remote ID regulations, the RID compliance for American users starts on September 16, 2023. Before that, the FAA RID regulation does not affect the user’s flight activity. After September 16, 2023, please purchase a third-party RID module that complies with RID MOC and add it to the aircraft.

I believe that is not required for the mini 2 if flying recreational and the drone is under 249g.
2023-8-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Tom Richard Posted at 8-1 03:59
I believe that is not required for the mini 2 if flying recreational and the drone is under 249g.

Hi, Tom Richard. Yes, it is not. Drones currently below 250g and used only for recreational flight purposes do not require RID (Mini-series) (Mini3 and Mini 3 pro supporting RID function). However, Jesus.bum mentioned that would you like to fly the drone commercially.
2023-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules