Hard case for Air 3
2054 9 2023-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ACpPx8pfrpR0
lvl.2

United States

Morning.

Wondering if there has been any news on a hard case being released for the Air 3.  
I have seen the Amazon ones, but have not seen any others.   
Thanks
2023-8-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I queried Nanuk but the reply was vague as to when they would have one ready.  I ordered the StartRC case off Amazon.  I have one of their cases for the Mini 3 Pro and it has been quite durable.  Once Nanuk gets their case out I'll replace the StartRC case with that one.  
2023-8-2
Use props
djiuser_ACpPx8pfrpR0
lvl.2

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-2 05:32
I queried Nanuk but the reply was vague as to when they would have one ready.  I ordered the StartRC case off Amazon.  I have one of their cases for the Mini 3 Pro and it has been quite durable.  Once Nanuk gets their case out I'll replace the StartRC case with that one.

Same.   Their response to me was "they do not have any news as of yet".  
2023-8-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_ACpPx8pfrpR0 Posted at 8-2 08:26
Same.   Their response to me was "they do not have any news as of yet".

It does seem it takes them a while to determine if they want to manufacture a case for any new drones.  Over the years they have really expanded their product coverage to guns, rifles and cameras cases.  

I'm hoping they decide to do a case for the Air 3.  Shouldn't need to design but one case as the RC2 and RCN2 are the same size.  I know they procrastinated over doing one for the Air 2S that would accomodate the RC Pro.   
2023-8-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for your inquiry. As of the moment, we don't have an available hard case for the DJI Air 3 on our website. If you purchase the Flymore combo, a DJI Shoulder bag is included. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-8-2
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

Another option is to use MyCaseBuilder.com. They don’t currently have a Air 3 design, but they do allow you to create your own custom foam for a large variety of sturdy cases. I have used their service in the past and wouldn’t hesitate to use them again.

https://mycasebuilder.com/mcb-pre-made-designs/drones/

I might create a custom Air 3 foam insert for the Nanuk that currently hold my Air 2.
2023-8-2
Use props
djiuser_ACpPx8pfrpR0
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for the feedback.   I ended up going with a case from MC-Cases.   German company.   Seems like a good offering and was recommended by a friend.  Here is what I ended up ordering,  https://mc-cases.com/collections/dji-air-3-transportkoffer-und-rucksacke/products/mc-cases%C2%AE-case-for-dji-air-3-our-explorer-version-also-for-fly-more-combo?variant=44529856545033
2023-8-3
Use props
Max_Plastix
lvl.2
United States

For what it's worth, the Air 3 Fly More carry bag is pretty nice.  I didn't care for the Mini 3 Pro bag, but this Air3 one is better made, nicer looking, and better padded.  The cover flap is more like a Peak Design than a cheap zipper flap.

I kept the foam insert for the nose-down Air 3 and trimmed it to be smaller so the drone is still supported and sits lower.

The only downside is the constant screwing on/off of the controller sticks.  (And no spares are included, so don't drop one!)

I'm hoping that soon we have a third-party offering for RC 2 "sunshade + cover" that keeps the sticks attached, and maybe a 3D printable hard sleeve for the drone.
2023-8-3
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13686729 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just order this....CYNOVA DJI Air 3 Waterproof Hard Case from Amazon for $80. I currently am using this brand for my Mini 3 Pro and seems very functional and well made.
2023-8-4
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13686729 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 8-4 12:51
I just order this....CYNOVA DJI Air 3 Waterproof Hard Case from Amazon for $80. I currently am using this brand for my Mini 3 Pro and seems very functional and well made.

I'm using a FPVtosky for my Air 2S and a Lykus for the Mavic 3 and they all seem very similar to me and just as functional. Probably all made in the same factory in China? I use to purchase Nanuk for all my drones and was always happy with them but tired of paying a premium for a premium brand. They all serve their purpose pretty well.
2023-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules