Ejecting media card P3P issues
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cbrenkus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United States

I have 2 batteries and I use them both when shooting video ..When I get home and plug in my SAN DISK adapater and micro card and go to find my removable Disk E file it shows theres data but the folder is empty.... I found the files in hidden file area but there CHK files and have to be renamed... Typically when I open the E file it had 2 folders DCIM and MISC..   Any suggestions?

Thanks

2015-8-30
Use props
EL SID
lvl.2

United States

Check your adapter. You may have it set to locked.
2015-8-30
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Your Phantom may be suffering from a bad card reader. Unfortunately, DJI didn't include an activity light for the card reader. You don't know if the card is readable or was working correctly until after you atempt viewing your activities.

There was a post by DJI-Autumn a few months back that there was a known problem with the reader/writer and the pins inside. The only other way that I know of testing would be to keep one battery with old firmware and the new firmware file on the micro SD card. If the Phantom didn't attempt installing, you knew there was an issue.
2015-8-30
Use props
cbrenkus
lvl.3
United States

EL SID Posted at 2015-8-30 11:16
Check your adapter. You may have it set to locked.

Is that the slider tab on the side?
2015-8-30
Use props
EL SID
lvl.2

United States

cbrenkus Posted at 2015-8-30 11:30
Is that the slider tab on the side?

Yes, just a possable fix?
2015-8-30
Use props
cbrenkus
lvl.3
United States

EL SID Posted at 2015-8-30 11:51
Yes, just a possable fix?

Thanks for the input..I think I figured it out.. You have to format the card inside the camera For some reason formatting with the computer is not the same..
2015-8-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Actually formatting the card in the device it is to be used in is recommended for all situations, same goes for cameras. And when the card has to work fairly intensively recording images, it is best to always re-format the card before using it. In other words, copy the images off the card then put it back in the bird and re-format the card again ready for the next flight.
2015-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules