ND1000, etc. filters for Avata (and FPV)?
682 3 2023-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Captain Cripple
lvl.2
Flight distance : 838724 ft
United States

Greetings, all.
I have a Neewer filter set for my Mini 3 Pro that includes a ND1000, but can't seem to find such for Avata or FPV. Might there be any such thing? I can't find anything past ND64.

Thanks and cheers!
2023-8-2
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I don't know if there is one but I don't know what you would need it for. Even an ND 32 is seldom usable at 50 or 60 fps as there is not enough light and you need to crank up the ISO. The very high ND filters are supposed to be used for photography: very long exposures that aren't overexposed. Of course you can take pictures with the Avata but with a one axis gimbal you won't be able to "hold the camera steady" for such a long time.
2023-8-2
Use props
Captain Cripple
lvl.2
Flight distance : 838724 ft
United States

Depp Posted at 8-2 08:02
I don't know if there is one but I don't know what you would need it for. Even an ND 32 is seldom usable at 50 or 60 fps as there is not enough light and you need to crank up the ISO. The very high ND filters are supposed to be used for photography: very long exposures that aren't overexposed. Of course you can take pictures with the Avata but with a one axis gimbal you won't be able to "hold the camera steady" for such a long time.

Hi, Depp. Thanks for the reply.

This concerns a rather unique annular solar eclipse project this October involving a few drones and a bunch of cameras. The shooting conditions will be, to put it mildly, unusual and dynanic.
2023-8-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, Captain. Thank you for reaching out. You can replace the ND filter of the DJI Avata camera. However, we only have three ND filters available: ND8, ND16, and ND32 you may check this link https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... set-8-32?vid=119092 . Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules