1884 12 2023-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FRCornelis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1252884 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I know we won’t get the 46 mins, but both Air 3 and Mavic 3/Classic are rated the same flight time.
Mine is in transit so I haven’t tested yet but I heard the Air 3 is getting much worse flight time then the regular Mavic 3 or Classic… can someone confirm?
2023-8-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had to return my Air 3 due a defective bottom LED light.  However, on the two flights I got in with fully charged batteries I averaged 36 minutes and landed with 12% battery remaining.  Probably could have eked out an additional 2-3 minutes but didn't want to press my luck on first few flights.

I love the signal strength of OC4 and having cruise control and waypoints is huge for me.  Can't wait to get the replacement Air 3 sent back to me.
2023-8-4
Use props
FRCornelis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-4 05:18
I've had to return my Air 3 due a defective bottom LED light.  However, on the two flights I got in with fully charged batteries I averaged 36 minutes and landed with 12% battery remaining.  Probably could have eked out an additional 2-3 minutes but didn't want to press my luck on first few flights.

I love the signal strength of OC4 and having cruise control and waypoints is huge for me.  Can't wait to get the replacement Air 3 sent back to me.

Thank you for the feedback, that's good to know.

This is the first time I'm considering the AIR line, as previous versions they always had some sort of a weak flight time, so I thought the AIR 3 would fix that, and bring it to the the Mavic level in regards to actual flight time. So watching some post and reviews stating a lower flight time than Mavic 3 raised some red flags.
I know I'm going to be happy with the picture quality, so to me flight time, a robust signal in urban areas with some decent wind resistant is more important to me. I was going to get the Classic + Flight More Combo but with this new controller era situation with O4, I decided for the AIR 3... waypoints, night mode, and cruise control plus telephoto made it so hard to justify the price difference with Classic+FMC+RC Pro as long as flight actual time is no less than 30~34 mins.

-FC
2023-8-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The new DJI Air 3 maximum hovering time is 42 minutes and the maximum flight time (flying forward) is 46 minutes. You may perform a test flight with your new unit in an open area away from any possible interference to check. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you.
2023-8-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

FRCornelis Posted at 8-4 09:25
Thank you for the feedback, that's good to know.

This is the first time I'm considering the AIR line, as previous versions they always had some sort of a weak flight time, so I thought the AIR 3 would fix that, and bring it to the the Mavic level in regards to actual flight time. So watching some post and reviews stating a lower flight time than Mavic 3 raised some red flags.

I'm certain you'll enjoy the Air 3 and the flight time it provides.  I really liked my Air 2S but the short flight time was always a negative factor.  Will pass the Air 2S down to one of the grandkids once I get the Air 3 back.  
2023-8-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Just checked 1 AIR3 log, general flying, video ON some part of the flight, taken pics,
Active track and sport mode in the log.

2.7 % batt usage per minute.

So 100 - 10% battery = approx 33 minute fly time.

cheers
JJB
cheers
JJB
2023-8-6
Use props
FRCornelis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 8-6 10:59
Hi,

Just checked 1 AIR3 log, general flying, video ON some part of the flight, taken pics,

That sounds great.
Is the drain linear?  like 2.7% when the battery is full ~ same 2.7% when the battery is below 40%?
2023-8-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

FRCornelis Posted at 8-6 11:02
That sounds great.
Is the drain linear?  like 2.7% when the battery is full ~ same 2.7% when the battery is below 40%?

Almost linear i would say. see my chart of a AIR3 batt from 95 > 17%

cheers
JJB    [ Charts by FRAP ; the 'best' software for data and visual flightlog analysis ]
Analysis1.png
2023-8-6
Use props
FRCornelis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 8-6 12:47
Almost linear i would say. see my chart of a AIR3 batt from 95 > 17%

cheers

Great!
That's some data right there...
...while I'm still trying to calibrate the RC2 compass which I'm unable to follow the motion instructions shown on the guide, that's impossible to do LoL

So you would say.. you are NOT missing out (on battery/flight time) department comparing to the Mavic 3 (non Pro) ?
2023-8-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

FRCornelis Posted at 8-6 12:57
Great!
...while I'm still trying to calibrate the RC2 compass which I'm unable to follow the motion instructions shown on the guide, that's impossible to do LoL

Hi,

I do not have a Mavic3, so cannot answer your question.

cheers
JJB
2023-8-6
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

FRCornelis Posted at 8-6 12:57
Great!
...while I'm still trying to calibrate the RC2 compass which I'm unable to follow the motion instructions shown on the guide, that's impossible to do LoL

The Air3 and my Mavic 3 Cine are virtually identical regarding flight time. Below are the current flight times since I received it. Remember too that as the batteries acquire 5-10 full flight cycles they will improve in flight-time.

*Note - These flights have been cycled between four different batteries. The August 4th flight was on a brand new battery (first flight).

2023-8-7
Use props
angeloffate
lvl.4
Poland

like always 70% delared flight time
2023-8-7
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

angeloffate Posted at 8-7 05:51
like always 70% delared flight time

The batteries are brand new. I'll post back after a few hundred mile flown.
2023-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules