Mini 3 Pro - Chipped the orange tip of one propeller. Can't repla...
1554 10 2023-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pagetrip
lvl.1

Mexico

Hello,
I chipped the orange end of one of the propellers (pics attached). I tried to replace the propeller, but the screw seems to be stuck. I was able to remove other propellers but the screw for the chipped propeller is stuck and I am unable to remove it. I am travelling and I do not have proper tools to reinstall the chipped propeller. I tried removing it with the DJI provided screwdriver but the screwhead started to chip/strip.
At this point I can either try to tape/glue the orange tip of the propeller OR fly it with the chip - ONLY if it is safe to fly. I do not want to risk losing or damaging my drone.
Is it ok to fly the drone with the orange tip chipped?
0202.JPG 0101.JPG

2023-8-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try heating up the tip of the screwdriver 1st, needs to be hot enough to warm up the threadloc used
2023-8-3
Use props
pagetrip
lvl.1

Mexico

Bashy Posted at 8-3 21:19
Try heating up the tip of the screwdriver 1st, needs to be hot enough to warm up the threadloc used

Tried heating the tip of the screwdriver but it didn't work.
2023-8-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

pagetrip Posted at 8-3 21:22
Tried heating the tip of the screwdriver but it didn't work.

Was it hot enough to blister you?
Did you leave it in place long enough?

It should work if the answer to those is yes, problem now is that the stripping may have gone too far but as that prop is screwed so to speak lol you try some pliers, another way is to dremel a new driver placement but i think pliers may be easier to get your hands on, how about a decent screwdriver, i think some say PH00 others say PH000, i myself bought PH000 x 40

BTW, i wouldnt recommend flying it as is, it could be well out of balance now, if not then it may well blow that end off and then it deffo will be oob.
2023-8-3
Use props
pagetrip
lvl.1

Mexico

Bashy Posted at 8-3 21:35
Was it hot enough to blister you?
Did you leave it in place long enough?

Yes, tried to keep it for 10 seconds (counted Mississippi's too, lol). It is still stuck. Unfortunately, I am travelling through some remote areas of central america and can't find all the tools. So, I was trying to see if there is anything I can do instead of just lugging it around with me like luggage.
2023-8-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wouldn't recommend trying to fly with the prop in that state
2023-8-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you google there are quite a few threads which discuss this, some mention cutting away the top of the blade's hub with a knife etc. and gripping the outer edge of screw's head with wire cutters or nail clippers etc. then twisting the screw out with those.
2023-8-4
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

https://www.amazon.com.au/Screwdriver-Eyeglass-Precision-Different-Screwdrivers/dp/B08YT4WLMX

Need to get a cheap jewelers screwdriver kit. Usually $3

2023-8-4
Use props
pagetrip
lvl.1

Mexico

Zoooom Posted at 8-4 02:22
https://www.amazon.com.au/Screwdriver-Eyeglass-Precision-Different-Screwdrivers

Need to get a cheap jewelers screwdriver kit. Usually $3

Can you please repost the link? For some reason it says link does not work.
2023-8-4
Use props
AsturianCetorix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46814 ft
Spain

Get a screwdrivers kit, the one provided by DJI is kinda POS.

Be careful, those screws are tiny, they doesn´t require a lot of torque.
2023-8-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

HI there. Sorry for this unpleasant experience. If you still can't remove the said propellers on the motor, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your understanding.
2023-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules