When Will DJI Fix The Log Out Issue With The Mini 3 Pro RC Cont?
854 19 2023-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WJM Photography
lvl.1
United States

Hello - I've been online all afternoon trying to figure out why the RC Pro controller is contantly logging people off INSIDE of 3 months.  I was just using my drone (Mini 3 Pro) 4 weeks ago and it has already logged me off again.  There are DOZENS of accounts online of photographers who are on multi day trips in remote areas who have come back without any footage because some genius at DJI decided to screw over everyone with an update recently.  This is driving all of us insane.  If I sound irritated, it's only because I've been trying to find a workaround for this issue for the past 6 months and NO ONE at DJI seems to care.  

Here is the thread in question on another forum, in case anyone is interested.  In the mean time, is anyone at DJI actively working on this?  Having your drone cut out on a multi day trip is unacceptable.  I would expect better from DJI.  

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/mini-3-pro-and-rc-pro-account-log-out.138290

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/mini-3-pro-and-rc-pro-account-log-out.138290/
2023-8-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Because its a security thing so I doubt they ever will. There is no work around other than to login every month.
2023-8-4
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Bashy Posted at 8-4 19:44
Because its a security thing so I doubt they ever will. There is no work around other than to login every month.

There has to be a work around, as previously it was set to three months, and now it is set to one...

Nothing to do with security, as it is only to be sure that the flysafe database is up to date.

In remote areas, where there are no people or airports, the flysafe data is completely useless, so DJI could/should fix this fuck up!

DJI does not own either the drone or the fly space where we fly... I'm very happy for them to do their best to protect other people from accident, but this has gone too far. There are plenty of suggestions on how to fix this mess, including the most logical one, to leave the damn thing logged in all the times, so that if there is an update, you can be notified and download it at your convenience...

It does make sense...
2023-8-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The app is set to log out of the account every month. To ensure security and performance, we recommend you always check the account before each flight. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-8-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 8-4 22:18
There has to be a work around, as previously it was set to three months, and now it is set to one...

Nothing to do with security, as it is only to be sure that the flysafe database is up to date.

This way DJI are acting in the best interest of the skies as a whole, they are being a responsible company as much as they can, there's only one other alternative, choose another company, one that doesn't care as much. I doubt you will get the same quality for the same money else you wouldnt be here in the 1st place.

I can understand that its a PITA for folks that are out in the sticks or outback or where ever, either find a way to login or as I've said, choose another company. For me, i am never in that position and doubt i ever will be, but yeah, if i was and it happened, i would be mega PO, but i as i know that one only gets a month, i would have to work around that.

I would be +1 or it to be increased to say 8 weeks, not for me but for folks that need it.

How about creating a POLL, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, at least then you would have something to take to DJI and say look, a month is not viable for x amount of forum members. You should also link the poll to the various DJI FB groups as I know for a fact, many do not frequent here if at all, some don't even know about here, so get the exposure for the POLL and go form there...
2023-8-5
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 8-5 03:27
This way DJI are acting in the best interest of the skies as a whole, they are being a responsible company as much as they can, there's only one other alternative, choose another company, one that doesn't care as much. I doubt you will get the same quality for the same money else you wouldnt be here in the 1st place.

I can understand that its a PITA for folks that are out in the sticks or outback or where ever, either find a way to login or as I've said, choose another company. For me, i am never in that position and doubt i ever will be, but yeah, if i was and it happened, i would be mega PO, but i as i know that one only gets a month, i would have to work around that.

Doesn't care much, or that actually does care more... It depends on which side you are...

To be honest with you, I'm losing interest very quickly in all this... I still have my custom made drones. The quality of the camera and gimbals is not that great and I was just hoping that buying a DJI drone would have simplified things a bit... In the video department they did, but with the controllers... meh...

2023-8-5
Use props
WN1X
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37884 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 8-5 03:27
This way DJI are acting in the best interest of the skies as a whole, they are being a responsible company as much as they can, there's only one other alternative, choose another company, one that doesn't care as much. I doubt you will get the same quality for the same money else you wouldnt be here in the 1st place.

I can understand that its a PITA for folks that are out in the sticks or outback or where ever, either find a way to login or as I've said, choose another company. For me, i am never in that position and doubt i ever will be, but yeah, if i was and it happened, i would be mega PO, but i as i know that one only gets a month, i would have to work around that.

How about displaying a countdown as to when you will be logged out?
2023-8-5
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-5 06:07
I guess I fly often enough as I have never found myself logged out?  If one flies infrequently, or professionally, or you are planning a unique adventure, the simply solution would be to log in just prior to leaving for the event while you still have access to the internet.  I also advise against installing any updates just prior to an important mission so you don't get bitten by an unexpected bug.

And what do you do if you are still in the remote area after a month, or more precisely when the radio decides to log you off?
2023-8-5
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-5 23:44
I have never had the app log me out but, In the overwhelming majority of cases, people will need to return to civilization for supplies within a month.  If your travels (and wallet) permit month-long excursions, then I recommend some sort of portable satellite data connection.

I have no idea of what are you on about... What supplies???... We do seasonal work in cattle farms. We have plenty of water and food and generators for electricity...

No interest in satellite... If the drone doesn't work (as it is just for fun and to look for lost cattle), fuck it! I'll return it and move on...
2023-8-6
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-6 05:51
For months at a time you are in the middle of nowhere without ever having access to an internet connection?  You are completely out of touch for all that time with your friends & family?  Total blackout?  If I were in that situation, I'd pick up a satellite phone.  It's a lot cheaper than the drone & it might even save your life!  What if you're out in the bush & get bitten by a Taipan, a Sydney Funnel Web spider, or a rabid roo?

I'll add that I agree you shouldn't need to be logged in to fly, but I think you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.  I've been flying DJI drones for 10 years.  I've gone a few months during winter where I haven't flown.  Yet the only times I ever recall having to log back in was after some Fly updates that reset everything.  For those rare occasions, I had to have internet access to update so I just logged back in after the installation.

Yeah... No, thanks. I don't want a satellite phone... Here in the bush we like the KISS attitude on things!

I think we made a mistake with the DJI... But we can return it, so..  no worries...
2023-8-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 8-6 14:15
Yeah... No, thanks. I don't want a satellite phone... Here in the bush we like the KISS attitude on things!

I think we made a mistake with the DJI... But we can return it, so..  no worries...

He's got a point re medical emergencies, surely KISS actually applies there, i.e. no sat phone would not be a "simple" situation.
2023-8-6
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

A simple solution which Dji can provide is that 1 week before the scheduled log out going to happen,
a warning message can pop up on screen that user need to log out & relogin that will minimize the surprise on location when someone want to fly.
This feature however wont prevent cases where user hasn't flown out the drone for month/s & land up on location to fly where there is no internet (rare case)
2023-8-6
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-7 02:04
I reckon digging a hole to bury someone who expires from a medical emergency because they have no means to call for help is upholding the KISS philosophy.

That's the problem. Not that it is any of your concern, but first your presumption that we have no meaning of contacting the flying doctor, then the complete irrelevance to the subject of this thread, makes you say silly irrelevant things...

You don't know anything about the way we live in the bush, and again, what it has got to do with a drone we bought to try to save some fuel and the fact that it needs an internet access to fly???

Like I said, the purchase of this equipment, was a mistake, because it doesn't fit our needs... There is nothing here for you to unravel, and in my opinion, it would help immensely if we could stick to the subject..
2023-8-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-7 16:09
Crikeys mate, I have to say that avatar is spot on!

The topic is "When Will DJI Fix The Log Out Issue With The Mini 3 Pro RC Cont?".   That is what we are discussing.

Again, avatar not relevant, what happen to you not relevant. The rest is pretty much a list of the same...

Oh well....
2023-8-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-7 18:38
I can't help but notice for a guy who is out in the bush on walkabout for months at a time with no internet or means to log in his bird, you certainly manage to make frequent appearances here on the forum.  On a positive note, you said you are returning all of your DJI gear so we won't be reading many more of your complaints.  G'day, mate!

And again, not working at the moment and absolutely not relevant at all to the thread...

You are good, boring, but good...

PS

Never said once that we are returning "all of the DJI gear"... We are only returning the RC Pro that is the radio that is giving us the problem... For a guy so switched on, you don't seem to pay much attention to details...

PS2

Not relevant to the thread, but I did like your fireworks video...

2023-8-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 8-7 13:30
That's the problem. Not that it is any of your concern, but first your presumption that we have no meaning of contacting the flying doctor, then the complete irrelevance to the subject of this thread, makes you say silly irrelevant things...

You don't know anything about the way we live in the bush, and again, what it has got to do with a drone we bought to try to save some fuel and the fact that it needs an internet access to fly???

Most would use a UHF or VHF radio but all of this is irrelevant because you have access to the internet pretty much most days from what i can tell, here's why...

...you rarely go a day without posting on here, since March (when you joined with a new username), there has been the odd rarity when you haven't posted for 3 maybe 4 days, that's about the longest you've gone without posting in here, so you working for months at a time without the internet has holes in it.

Let's be truthful here, what was it really? At a guess, you went flying out in the sticks for a day, maybe 4 and found that you had to log in and couldn't.

PS, yep, i really did go through your reply history, one doesn't have much better to do early morning
2023-8-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 8-7 23:10
Most would use a UHF or VHF radio but all of this is irrelevant because you have access to the internet pretty much most days from what i can tell, here's why...

...you rarely go a day without posting on here, since March (when you joined with a new username), there has been the odd rarity when you haven't posted for 3 maybe 4 days, that's about the longest you've gone without posting in here, so you working for months at a time without the internet has holes in it.

Ok.. I'll play the game since it seems that there is no much else to do around this forum...

Now you try to guess what the actual situation is and I'll let you know when you get closer...

Ready? Go...
2023-8-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 8-7 23:19
Ok.. I'll play the game since it seems that there is no much else to do around this forum...

Now you try to guess what the actual situation is and I'll let you know when you get closer...

No thanks, we can only go with what you tell us and thats sommat about not having the internet for x months, i ain't here to play games, if you'd like to provide more details as to why you cant login to DJI in the app but can post here pretty much daily since march then fine, have at it, if not, fine, have at it but playing guessing games is not for me, perhaps DB may want to?

2023-8-8
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 8-8 03:10
No thanks, we can only go with what you tell us and thats sommat about not having the internet for x months, i ain't here to play games, if you'd like to provide more details as to why you cant login to DJI in the app but can post here pretty much daily since march then fine, have at it, if not, fine, have at it but playing guessing games is not for me, perhaps DB may want to?

No worries... back to the original topic then...
2023-8-8
Use props
sajin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 262402 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI did not notice this 'Log Out' issue before we purchased it.
I would ask someone who has a connection with a lawyer to sue DJI.

1-21 21:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules