Batteries get stuck in P3Pro?
1569 12 2015-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joshcox
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone else had this issue? Two of my three batteries are very difficult to remove since the clip on the top of the battery won't go down all the way. I've heard so many bad things about DJI's support that I'm not sure whether to return them and get new ones or just try to live with it :/

2015-8-30
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Before you get tinkering with a crowbar or anything else, try this two handed method of removing your batteries.  Simple leverage when you rotate the wrists makes it lots easier.

2015-8-31
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

A good tip regardless if you got a "stuck" battery or not! Thanx!
2015-8-31
Use props
tommycbaker
lvl.3
United States

yes I thought it was a problem with the new battery so I returned it.  new one on the way.  I thought I wasn't going to get it off at all.  I thought:  oh no I have to send in my whole quad for repair because I cant even get these off.  I even got BLISTERS on my  index finger.  very very difficult.  I struggled about 10 minutes  or more to get them off.
2015-8-31
Use props
joshcox
lvl.1
United States

gil Posted at 2015-8-31 11:49
Before you get tinkering with a crowbar or anything else, try this two handed method of removing you ...

Thanks for the tip! I will have to try that when I get home.
2015-8-31
Use props
joshcox
lvl.1
United States

tommycbaker@swb Posted at 2015-8-31 12:13
yes I thought it was a problem with the new battery so I returned it.  new one on the way.  I though ...

Sounds very similar to my experience. What was the process for initiating a return? How did you get in touch with DJI?
2015-8-31
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

While I don't know that the OP's batteries are not defective -- here's the easiest way to remove the batteries:

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-31
Use props
aek
lvl.2

Sweden

Seems either DJI QA messed up, or that there are some fragment in the recess under the clip that don't allow it to flex completely.

Did you try using compressed air ("dust off") to see if there is anything beneath the clip?

Since two out of your three batteries have this problem, I would say it probably is DJI QA that let through non-conforming parts.

2015-8-31
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

Tight is good,  sure don't want them loosening during flight! !
2015-8-31
Use props
tommycbaker
lvl.3
United States

Josh mine was fulfilled through Amazon so I just told them about it they sent me another and gave me a label to ship back the old one
2015-8-31
Use props
joshcox
lvl.1
United States

aek Posted at 2015-8-31 13:53
Seems either DJI QA messed up, or that there are some fragment in the recess under the clip that don ...

Yea I tried compressed air, then I also tried threading some dental floss under to see if I could get something out. No dice
2015-8-31
Use props
aek
lvl.2

Sweden

Maybe you could just remove the front and deepening the recess.
Battery disassemble:
2015-8-31
Use props
Sling Shot
lvl.3

United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-8-31 11:45
While I don't know that the OP's batteries are not defective -- here's the easiest way to remove the ...

I can see this being a god idea for leverage but..with prop guards..it's not going to happen and I don't think your going to want remove prop guards to remove the batteries...just a thought....
2015-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules