700 9 2023-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
karstenul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810751 ft
Germany

Hi Everone,

I have a question about the video codec H.264/H.265.

Due to some limitations of my computer, I store my footage in H.264. I configured that in the camera settings. So far so good.
Yesterday I created a Hyperlaps clip. Later I noticed that my hyperlaps clip was stored in H.265 (installation of an additional codec requried).

Where can I define that - for example Hyperlaps - videos will be stored in H.264?

Karsten
2023-8-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this to our relevant team for clarification. We will keep you posted. Thank you.
2023-8-6
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

Hi Paladin,

thanks for your feedback. I really hope, that DJI will solve this faster than that (no solution so far):

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=275134

2023-8-7
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-6 15:46
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will coordinate this to our relevant team for clarification. We will keep you posted. Thank you.

Hi Paladin,

do you know meanwhile, when your team will fix that bug?

Kind regards
Karsten
2023-9-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

karstenul Posted at 9-22 04:35
Hi Paladin,

do you know meanwhile, when your team will fix that bug?

Thank you for patiently waiting. Unfortunately, we don't have an option to set the video coding formats. We will gather this as a suggestion and forward to our team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-9-24
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

Thank you very much for your answer. However, I don't think this is a proposal for a new version. This is a real bug in my opinion. If I have only one way to configure the codec, then this setting must work globally. Otherwise there would have to be another setting option just for the quickshots.
2023-9-24
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

Any news on this topic? It is really annoying that I cannot decide myself with which codec the videos should be created at Quickshots
2023-12-2
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

karstenul Posted at 12-2 12:46
Any news on this topic? It is really annoying that I cannot decide myself with which codec the videos should be created at Quickshots

Simple fast solution:
- take the video and transcode it to H264 with the hundreds of FREE video convertors.

Cheers.
2023-12-6
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Germany

Geo_Drone Posted at 12-6 00:31
Simple fast solution:
- take the video and transcode it to H264 with the hundreds of FREE video convertors.

Thank you very much, that's what I'm doing at the moment as there are no other options. But I find it annoying that DJI decides for me, I want to have control over the codec in the software itself. I'm currently using HandBreake for transcoding, what  video converter can you recommend maybe?
2023-12-7
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

karstenul Posted at 12-7 13:26
Thank you very much, that's what I'm doing at the moment as there are no other options. But I find it annoying that DJI decides for me, I want to have control over the codec in the software itself. I'm currently using HandBreake for transcoding, what  video converter can you recommend maybe?

That is OK, you can also try VLC and avidemux.
Cheers
2023-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules