Anyone know how to realign 360 panorama shot
1107 13 2023-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr-sharks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 671181 ft
Australia

really like the dji mini 3 pro. ive been using it pretty often and ive been using the 360 panorama shot and incountered a error with a photo a really like, it hasnt done this before and i can understand that this can occur, note that im not asking about a fix for the drone but im asking how you guys are able to fix overlapping in 360 panoramas like editing software or a website that can help. any feedback will be greatly appricated.
the photo has been scaled down.
DJI_0213 (3).jpg
2023-8-6
Use props
Bodkins Best Photography
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2195374 ft
Canada

Only possible if you shot in both raw and jpeg.  The jpegs are used to create the final image but are discarded by the drone afterwards.  The raw files remain on the sd card.
2023-8-6
Use props
Mr-sharks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 671181 ft
Australia

that is unfortunate :/
2023-8-6
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

You need to shoot J+RAW & later use PanoramaStudio Pro to stitch the DNG files that will give you far superior quality panorama with minimum or zero alignment issues.

Keep in mind when you are wanting to shoot panorama wind speed & wind gust should be low, I dont shoot pano if wind speed is more than 15km
2023-8-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As others have said always shoot jpeg+raw for best results,  but if you have photoshop you can correct it to some degree,  here's a fixed version of what you posted.
185150nn5nnznuw5zkb5kl.jpg
2023-8-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The inbuilt stitching feature is very basic and easily fooled.
If you have the original jpg files, upload them to Google Drive or similar and PM a link to me.
I'll stitch in proper stitching software for you.
2023-8-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Mr-sharks. Thank you for reaching out. If the panoramic photo taken by the drone is out of order after being stitched together, please try the steps below:

1. Please avoid shooting when the wind is strong. While taking a panoramic shot, keep the aircraft still. Please try shooting in an environment without wind and then check if the stitching is still abnormal.
2. Try shooting in an environment without wind after gimbal calibration and IMU calibration.
3. Please format the microSD card or use another mobile phone for shooting. Before formatting the microSD card, please back up the data.
4. Refresh the firmware and try shooting again.

If you would like to rectify the stitched pano, we recommend to use a third-party software to twist or correct to some degree; if you have the unstitched footage saved, you can also use a third-party app to stitch them together.  
2023-8-9
Use props
Sam654
lvl.3
Flight distance : 132667 ft

United Kingdom

I was dissapointed to see the same kind of problem today.
I'm new to the world of drones and today was my first time out with my M3P. But I do have years of experience shooting 360 spheres on terra firma with a regular camera and pano-head.
The first pano I did, I shot manually with AEB. I already worked out at home the FOV and how many rows and turn increments I needed to get full coverage with sufficient overlap.
I did 3 rows of 8 (45deg increments) plus a nadir. Top row at +60 pitch portrait. Second row at +10 landscape. Third one at -40 portrait. Then the -90 nadir. Stitched in PTGui, it worked a treat.
But finding the process of manual shooting at bit tedious and time consuming, I went on to try the automated 360 shooting. This of course was much faster and easier. But when I got home and looked at the results on the computer, they were dissapointing. Every one of the auto panos had this kind of stitiching alignment issue. I can't say it was particularly windy, there was a little wind, but not strong. The resolution isn't great either.

>Only possible if you shot in both raw and jpeg.  The jpegs are used to create the final image but are discarded by the drone afterwards.  The raw files remain on the sd card.

That's good to know for future, as I only shot jpeg this time. TBH I did not get too deep into camera settings today. Being first time out, I was concentrating more on getting to know how to handle it in the air and I'm not yet fully familiar with the DJI Fly UI. So I thought it a lot to take in at once, so left the camera in auto mode. Though on the ground with my camera I put everything on manual for pano shooting, for consistancy in frames.

I'll have to experiment more on my next outing. Maybe try auto panos with raw. But also some manual shooting. Maybe compare using raw against AEB.
Though I only foresee manual pano shooting and stitching yielding the best results. It's just a bit laborious to do. I found getting the 45deg turns precise tricky. The compass view helps to some extent, but it would be nice to see a numerical heading for precision, like you see for the gimbal pitch.
One thing I was pleased with was when I loaded the manual images into PTGui, it knew the (approx) position of every frame, so I had a rough alignment from the start, which is a huge help. Especially as today was a dull, grey, featureless sky. There would be no contral points, so I would have to manually place all the top row. But being in the right place from the start, the bland grey sky blended seamlessly.

This was the first pano, shot and stitched manually.

This is an auto pano, with a brokn horizon.
OK, I managed to fix it with some monkeying around in Photoshop. But I would rather not have to.
2023-9-30
Use props
djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh
lvl.2

Australia

Hi Guys
I'm starting a panorama course for local camera clubs and I have captured MANY panoramas with my Inspire 2 and I particularly like the Mini3Pro due to the freedom top be able to use it in more locations.
Here's an example of a 250Mpx+ panorama featuring my local town hall in Melbourne Australia.
Aerial view of Camberwell Town Hall and surroundings
Fact is that the in-drone stitched panorama is very low resolution  (8192x4096px) view.
Fact is also that the stitch is "formulaic" but in reality the drone camera has yaw, pitch & roll errors because of the fact that it is continually stabilizing itself in the air.
Using a fixed formula to stitch the panorama results in those nasty visibilty discontinuities.
The best solution is to use a program like PTGUI Pro (free trial available), which reads the Yaw, Pitch and Roll as well as GPS position metadata which is embedded into each frame.
Photoshop just monkey's around with the stitching as was well-put by Sam.
If anyone requires help to do this, let me know and I will be happy to assist.
Best regards, Barney

2023-10-2
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh Posted at 10-2 22:58
Hi Guys
I'm starting a panorama course for local camera clubs and I have captured MANY panoramas with my Inspire 2 and I particularly like the Mini3Pro due to the freedom top be able to use it in more locations.
Here's an example of a 250Mpx+ panorama featuring my local town hall in Melbourne Australia.

That is an awesome pano!

I used to exclusively use PTGUI and used to swear by it. Just lately though there have been a couple of stitches I was struggling with in terms of evenness of tone and alignments and I have now switched to Panorama Studio 3. It's just as good as PTGUI but it will stitch things PTGUI doesn't seem to be able to particularly evening out tone.  Both have awesome masking features which I use a lot for close by structures.

https://andrewbusst.wixsite.com/mysite/360-panoramas

I'm finding the Mini 3 Pro awesome for 360 Panos and have only just recently started taking panos in auto exposure (fixed white balance) which has been a real eye opener for me.

2023-10-3
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I totally agree to Bussty. I was using PTGui a lot, especially for DSLR/Fisheye/Tripod/PanoHead panoramic shots. With the Mini 3 Pro, I switched to Panoramastudio since it handles the drone output much better. But I still use both products.

Here are some results in high res: https://www.spirit-of-photography.com/galerie/pano/index.shtml

2023-10-3
Use props
djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh
lvl.2

Australia

Hi First Officer
Love that Punta Brava pano/46_big and others of yours. What resolution is the panorama in pixel W & H?
Regds, Barney
2023-10-5
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_Ncp5glVyYOLh Posted at 10-5 18:41
Hi First Officer
Love that Punta Brava pano/46_big and others of yours. What resolution is the panorama in pixel W & H?
Regds, Barney

Thank you, Barney. Most of the newer images (such as the Punta Brava) are 15000x7500 (because of the limit on skypixel.com where I also post some of them), others are 17890x8945 which is the maximum size you get with the Mini 3 Pro.

Best
Gernot
2023-10-5
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

Here you can find a collection of links of forum posts from the last year that deal extensively with the creation of high-quality panoramas with the Mini 3 Pro: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 639&pid=3025321

The power of PanoramaStudio 3 Pro is also documented in this collection https://www.skypixel.com/users/b ... 9-9c56-3f0497cdf4e2 of 73 high-quality stitchings based on shots taken with the Mavic Air (vers. 1) and the Mini 3 Pro.
2023-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules