Flight distance : 531955 ft
United States

Air 2 Firmware Question
2023-8-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We highly recommend you to update the firmware of your DJI Mavic Air 2 and your DJI Fly app to the most latest firmware to avoid any issues. If ever you encounter any issues after updating the components to the latest version, please don't hesitate to reach us. You may click the links below to download. Thank you for your understanding.

DJI Assistant 2: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series

DJI Fly: https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2023-8-6
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is no update for the Air 2 for Remote ID at this point.  DJI has committed to releasing it by the end of September at the latest.

Also, there is a high likelihood that the FAA will delay RID enforcement by 2-3 months to allow manufacturers to get caught up with firmware updates.
p.s. Why is this tagged under the Spark heading? If you want other user's input on an Air 2, you should appropriately tag it so that other Air 2 users are likely to see it.  Pretty sure this Spark area is pretty dead.
2023-8-6
Use props
fansbe4bf3b2
lvl.3
United States

KlooGee Posted at 8-6 17:23
There is no update for the Air 2 for Remote ID at this point.  DJI has committed to releasing it by the end of September at the latest.

Also, there is a high likelihood that the FAA will delay RID enforcement by 2-3 months to allow manufacturers to get caught up with firmware updates.

Thanks.  Am aware of the status of MA2 updates and am hoping for a delay in FAA implementation. Was asking about DJI updates in general.  I saw a video that showed a DJI drone not permitting take-off until updates were installed.

P.S. what is Spark?  I didn't know what to do with that field.
2023-8-6
Use props
fansbe4bf3b2
lvl.3
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-6 16:02
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We highly recommend you to update the firmware of your DJI Mavic Air 2 and your DJI Fly app to the most latest firmware to avoid any issues. If ever you encounter any issues after updating the components to the latest version, please don't hesitate to reach us. You may click the links below to download. Thank you for your understanding.

DJI Assistant 2: https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

Thank you for the reply, but that doesn't answer my question.
2023-8-6
Use props
fansbe4bf3b2
lvl.3
United States

fansbe4bf3b2 Posted at 8-6 17:32
Thanks.  Am aware of the status of MA2 updates and am hoping for a delay in FAA implementation. Was asking about DJI updates in general.  I saw a video that showed a DJI drone not permitting take-off until updates were installed.

P.S. what is Spark?  I didn't know what to do with that field.

I see my mistake.  Unfortunately,  I don't see a way to change the field from Spark to MA2 or to delete it and start again.
2023-8-6
Use props
fansbe4bf3b2
lvl.3
United States

Air 2 Firmware Question

I read (and saw a video) that new firmware or Fly Apps will not allow you to takeoff unless the latest versions of firmware and Fly are installed.  Is that correct?  That is a risk I am not willing to take.
I'm still flying v01.01.0610 because I haven't seen any information for newer versions that say what was actually changed, so i can't make an informed decision concerning the risks.  I will probably buy a Dronetag Beacon rather than risk bricking my drone.

2023-8-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fansbe4bf3b2. Thank you for reaching out. We haven't heard of any forced update for this drone. If there will be anything like that, it might be caused by the RID function as some recent firmware updates RID, which requires all the customer updates to comply. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-8-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fansbe4bf3b2 Posted at 8-6 17:45
I see my mistake.  Unfortunately,  I don't see a way to change the field from Spark to MA2 or to delete it and start again.

Hello, there. We have merged the post with this one.
2023-8-7
Use props
gdfaini
lvl.3
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-7 03:55
Hello, there. We have merged the post with this one.

Thank you!
2023-8-7
Use props
gdfaini
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-7 02:25
Hi, fansbe4bf3b2. Thank you for reaching out. We haven't heard of any forced update for this drone. If there will be anything like that, it might be caused by the RID function as some recent firmware updates RID, which requires all the customer updates to comply. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

Thank you. That is what I heard. Forced updates are not good due to possible incompatibility issues, especially since firmware updates can no longer be undone.
2023-8-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

You are most welcome. Please let me know if you have any questions. If you don't want to update, you can ignore the notification.
2023-8-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansbe4bf3b2 Posted at 8-6 17:33
Thank you for the reply, but that doesn't answer my question.

You are most welcome. You may provide us with the full detail of your inquiry so we can provide you an accurate resolution base on your concern. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-8-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

gdfaini Posted at 8-7 04:32
Thank you. That is what I heard. Forced updates are not good due to possible incompatibility issues, especially since firmware updates can no longer be undone.

You're welcome, gdfaini. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us again here. Have a nice day!
2023-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules