Logging in Disaster - Unable to use drone
204 3 2023-8-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CycloneCowboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2713 ft
United States

Why is my Mavic 3 Remote Pro requiring me to long in every two weeks in order to fly above 30 feet? This has caused several disasters as I am unable to use the drone in remote locations where I cannot access celluar data and / or connect. Even if the remote or drone does NOT needs an upate it still limits my flight. No, I am not flying in restriced airspace.

What brain child at Dji thought of this briliant idea to torture professionals trying to do a job?

Total disaster. The least they could do is require you to log in over the next 48 hours, or send an email notifying you to log in advance instead of being at remote location and getting the shaft.

I will never buy another Dji product unless this is fixed.

Thank you.

2023-8-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, if you don't connect to the network for one month, DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required. Please check and make sure you log in to the account before you move to the remote places or about to fly the aircraft.
2023-8-6
Use props
CycloneCowboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2713 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-6 23:57
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, if you don't connect to the network for one month, DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and re-login is required. Please check and make sure you log in to the account before you move to the remote places or about to fly the aircraft.

So basically log in every day to check, because the "1 month" is not consistent. Sometimes it's two weeks and sometimes it three weeks. Other times it's 10 days or 16.5 days. I'll bet search and rescue operators love this inconvenient feature. (I also do volunteer S&R).

During one assignment, I checked the log-in in the AM and drove 100 miles to a location only to have passed the time limit and there was no way to sign in.

Again, I would not buy another Dji product with this insane feature. They could easily adjust the software to require (warn) the operator to log-in within 48-72 hours to prevent this disaster -- or have a count down clock with the time remaining on it.

I have seen this problem discussed on multiple discussion sites, so it's a well known irritation.

Regardless, thanks for your reply.
2023-8-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

CycloneCowboy Posted at 8-7 04:47
So basically log in every day to check, because the "1 month" is not consistent. Sometimes it's two weeks and sometimes it three weeks. Other times it's 10 days or 16.5 days. I'll bet search and rescue operators love this inconvenient feature. (I also do volunteer S&R).

During one assignment, I checked the log-in in the AM and drove 100 miles to a location only to have passed the time limit and there was no way to sign in.

Thank you for your reply. We will confirm with our engineers and reply to you soon.
2023-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules