733 16 2023-8-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
El Kab0ng
Second Officer
Flight distance : 156499 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been flying my new M3P for the last few weeks now and I have noticed that when switching between lenses--even when not recording--there is a pretty significant lag (maybe 3-5 seconds) between pressing the onscreen button and the swtich occuring. Zooming within the selected lens using the zoom wheel works just fine, it's just switching lenses seems to take an extended period of time. Maybe I'm just used to the lens switching on my phone and I'm expecting too much, but either way, is this normal behavior?
2023-8-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes .. it's normal
2023-8-7
Use props
Mark MaoGowan
lvl.2

Australia

....but not good enough. Users seem happy for mediocrity. COMPLAIN and things get improved if the masses stop being passive......
2023-8-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Mark MaoGowan Posted at 8-7 17:54
....but not good enough. Users seem happy for mediocrity. COMPLAIN and things get improved if the masses stop being passive......

Complain all you like, but it won't overcome technical limitations.
If you think it should be better, go and design it better and manufacture your own superior product..

2023-8-7
Use props
El Kab0ng
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cool. Thanks for confirming!
2023-8-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The three camera lenses on the Mavic 3 Pro come with different parameters, therefore, it takes some time to configure the parameters when switching between cameras, which results in a delay. This phenomenon only occurs when taking photos or recording videos in normal mode, and it does not occur in explore mode. Thank you for your understanding. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-8
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mark MaoGowan Posted at 8-7 17:54

'COMPLAIN' about  a product without even buying and using it???
2023-8-9
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Monkey007 Posted at 8-9 03:55
'COMPLAIN' about  a product without even buying and using it???

That’s quite normal on this forum. In fact the biggest complainers can be those who don’t and never will own these products.
2023-8-9
Use props
El Kab0ng
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 8-8 21:53
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The three camera lenses on the Mavic 3 Pro come with different parameters, therefore, it takes some time to configure the parameters when switching between cameras, which results in a delay. This phenomenon only occurs when taking photos or recording videos in normal mode, and it does not occur in explore mode. Thank you for your understanding. Have a great day ahead.

Thanks for the clarification, Tony!
2023-8-9
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hallmark007 Posted at 8-9 05:02
That’s quite normal on this forum. In fact the biggest complainers can be those who don’t and never will own these products.

In all fairness complaints from customers/users are the best indication for the manufacturer that something should be improved in future products or by firmware updates if possible.
Im not saying people should rail at something just for a sake of moaning, but if this lag could be minimalised by any firmware update I would be more than happy myself.
I dont think its a non valid complaint, people here complained about less important things like the color of the controller. lol
2023-8-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Crio Posted at 8-9 12:11
In all fairness complaints from customers/users are the best indication for the manufacturer that something should be improved in future products or by firmware updates if possible.
Im not saying people should rail at something just for a sake of moaning, but if this lag could be minimalised by any firmware update I would be more than happy myself.
I dont think its a non valid complaint, people here complained about less important things like the color of the controller. lol

I'm not saying people should rail at something just for a sake of moaning
That's what the complainer in this case was doing.

but if this lag could be minimalised by any firmware update I would be more than happy myself.

If it was that simple, don't you think it would have already?
2023-8-9
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 8-9 12:15
I'm not saying people should rail at something just for a sake of moaning
That's what the complainer in this case was doing.

but if this lag could be minimalised by any firmware update I would be more than happy myself.
If it was that simple, don't you think it would have already?

No, as we were waiting months for some things to be fixed by firmware updates in Inspire 2 for example.

2023-8-9
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Crio Posted at 8-9 12:11

Neither do I, but sometimes common sense should apply. Complaining doesn’t get things done. “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.” And this particular guy is a fool.

If you buy or really intend on buying then suggestion’s may well help trying to figure workarounds giving or getting tips will be much more productive and helpful. My guess is this camera system does not have the hardware to do what’s being suggested.
2023-8-9
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hallmark007 Posted at 8-9 13:28
Neither do I, but sometimes common sense should apply. Complaining doesn’t get things done. “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - and most fools do.” And this particular guy is a fool.

If you buy or really intend on buying then suggestion’s may well help trying to figure workarounds giving or getting tips will be much more productive and helpful. My guess is this camera system does not have the hardware to do what’s being suggested.

Complaining doesn’t get things done.
Well, sometimes it does ;)
Many complaints about Samsungs blurry camera on S series brought this to manufacturers attentions and changes.
Many Sony 200-600G lens complaints about dust inside the lens made manufacturer aware and they resolved this issue.

And this particular guy is a fool.
I really dont know this person, but I considered his complaint as a ''doubt before buying'', nothing else.

If you buy or really intend on buying then suggestion’s may well help trying to figure workarounds giving or getting tips will be much more productive and helpful.
Absolutely

My guess is this camera system does not have the hardware to do what’s being suggested.
And you probably right again on this one...We will see.
As a guy with an IT background I know that well written software can make wonders with hardware
( Limitations still apply of course as you said )

2023-8-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Crio Posted at 8-9 14:50
Many complaints about Samsungs blurry camera on S series brought this to manufacturers attentions and changes.

Not in this forum.
Complaining or offering well reasoned and sensible suggestions to remedy important issues or shortcomings, will get the same robotic copy/paste answers that have already been posted a hundred times.
Sorry for the inconvenience but thank you for your feedback. Please rest  assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to  the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize  and improve the product or service based on user comments.
Translation:  Your comments are going to be completely ignored and nothing will be done
2023-8-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

El Kab0ng Posted at 8-9 05:45
Thanks for the clarification, Tony!

You're most welcome. El Kab0ng. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-9
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Crio Posted at 8-9 14:50
Many complaints about Samsungs blurry camera on S series brought this to manufacturers attentions and changes.

I think you’ll find Samsung had an inkling without anyone complaining or needing to bring it to their attention. If you want something specific or new to be done ask or suggest might get you quicker answers. I’ve seen over the years stuff been implemented much of it requested but apart from press releases by third party to say DJI listened DJI have very rarely admitted to implementing what customers asked for.
2023-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules