Crash- blade destruction - flap to blame?
733 5 2023-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_FY6Hscfxt7eO
lvl.1
Ireland

Was the protective flap not put in place properly or did flying it manual on decent cause it to come out? I'm not 100% sure on this. Either way got very lucky it didn't crash from 100m up onto rocks or in water. Took me an hour hike to get it back.

Well, I guess htis is a valuable learning experience:
-Get to install a new blade(incredibly easy to do).
-Get to use the GPS tracking on the mobile app to find it up a mountain in a bog
-Get to hardwire the brain to double-triple check if the i/o slots have their protective plug in place before flying.

Unfortunetly, I didn't get to see if the Dji fly insurance for lost drone works and how long a replacement would take.

3.jpg
2.jpg
2023-8-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

most likely when you fired up your avata on takeoff, you would have heard it if the flap was undone; it sounds incredibly different from normal.
2023-8-8
Use props
djiuser_FY6Hscfxt7eO
lvl.1
Ireland

The Saint Posted at 8-8 05:25
most likely when you fired up your avata on takeoff, you would have heard it if the flap was undone; it sounds incredibly different from normal.

That's the puzzling part. There was some message about the rotor on start up (can't remember what it was, but looked over at it) but everything sounded ok.
2023-8-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the incident that happened in your unit. You may consider sending the drone in for a proper diagnosis. You may contact our team at https://www.dji.com/support to start up a ticket case. . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-8-8
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_FY6Hscfxt7eO Posted at 8-8 05:56
That's the puzzling part. There was some message about the rotor on start up (can't remember what it was, but looked over at it) but everything sounded ok.

It was at that point that the aircraft should have never left the ground.
2023-8-10
Use props
djiuser_FY6Hscfxt7eO
lvl.1
Ireland

KLRSKIR Posted at 8-10 04:01
It was at that point that the aircraft should have never left the ground.

But it did and without issue. And  flew fine for 15 minutes except when half way down coming in for landing.

2023-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules