Class 2 Certification
657 8 2023-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69432 ft
Ireland

I can't legally fly my Mavic 3 Enterprise in the A2 Open Category because there's no class label available.
Please make this a priority.

Having to put in an Operational Authorisation request for every flight I want to make has gotten needlessly paper-work intensive and since I need to keep that paperwork for five years, your lack of legal compliance is becoming a hassle.

2023-8-8
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Unless there are specific rules for you, you can still operate in A2, at least until 01/2024.

https://www.iaa.ie/general-aviation/drones
2023-8-8
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Ireland

LV_Forestry Posted at 8-8 07:44
Unless there are specific rules for you, you can still operate in A2, at least until 01/2024.

https://www.iaa.ie/general-aviation/drones

UAS.OPEN.030 UAS operations in subcategory A2
Regulation (EU) 2020/639
UAS operations in subcategory A2 shall comply with all of the following conditions:
(1) be conducted in such a way that the unmanned aircraft does not overfly uninvolved persons
and the UAS operations take place at a safe horizontal distance of at least 30 metres from them;
the remote pilot may reduce the horizontal safety distance down to a minimum of 5 metres
from an uninvolved person when operating an unmanned aircraft with an active low speed
mode function and after evaluation of the situation regarding:
(a) weather conditions,
(b) performance of the unmanned aircraft,
(c) segregation of the overflown area.
(2) be performed by a remote pilot who is familiar with manufacturer’s instructions provided by
the manufacturer of the UAS and holds a certificate of remote pilot competency issued by the
competent authority or by an entity designated by the competent authority of a Member State.
This certificate shall be obtained after complying with all of the following conditions and in the
order indicated:
(a) completing an online training course and passed the online theoretical knowledge
examination as referred to in point (4)(b) of point UAS.OPEN.020;
(b) completing a self-practical training in the operating conditions of the subcategory A3 set
out in points (1) and (2) of point UAS.OPEN.040;
(c) declaring the completion of the self-practical training defined in point (b) and passing an
additional theoretical knowledge examination provided by the competent authority or at
an entity designated by the competent authority of a Member State achieving at least
75% of the overall marks. The examination shall comprise at least 30 multiple-choice
questions aimed at assessing the remote pilot’s knowledge of the technical and
operational mitigations for ground risk, distributed appropriately across the following
subjects:
(i) meteorology;
(ii) UAS flight performance;
(iii) technical and operational mitigations for ground risk.
(3) be performed with an unmanned aircraft which is marked as class C2 and complies with the
requirements of that class, as defined in Part 3 of the Annex to Delegated Regulation
(EU) 2019/945, and is operated with active and updated direct remote identification system and
geo-awareness function.

The amnesty ended on January 1st of 2023.
2023-8-8
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Ireland

https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/do ... age=5#_Toc256000104

You can't legally fly an M3E in the A2.
2023-8-8
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

CuAnnan Posted at 8-8 10:05
UAS.OPEN.030 UAS operations in subcategory A2
Regulation (EU) 2020/639
UAS operations in subcategory A2 shall comply with all of the following conditions:

Consolidated TEXT: 32019R0947 — EN — 04.04.2022 (europa.eu)
3.   Points UAS.OPEN.060(2)(g) UAS.SPEC.050(1)(l)(i) of the Annex shall apply from 1 July 2022 and point UAS.SPEC.050(1)(l)(ii) of the Annex shall apply from 1 January 2024.

UAS.OPEN.060 :

Before starting an UAS operation, the remote pilot shall:
(a)
have the appropriate competency in the subcategory of the intended UAS operations in accordance with points UAS.OPEN.020, UAS.OPEN.030 or UAS.OPEN.040 to perform its task and carry a proof of competency while operating the UAS, except when operating an unmanned aircraft referred to in points (5)(a), (5)(b) or (5)(c) of point UAS.OPEN.020;

UAS.OPEN.030: UAS operations in subcategory A2

Your CAA :
1.JPG

2023-8-8
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Ireland

LV_Forestry Posted at 8-8 11:05
Consolidated TEXT: 32019R0947 — EN — 04.04.2022 (europa.eu)
3.   Points UAS.OPEN.060(2)(g) UAS.SPEC.050(1)(l)(i) of the Annex shall apply from 1 July 2022 and point UAS.SPEC.050(1)(l)(ii) of the Annex shall apply from 1 January 2024.

It's only UAS.SPEC.050(1)(I)(ii) that goes into effect on the 1st of January 2024

Reread what you have there. Note the "and". It separates out the two clauses.
The first of which was delayed from 1 June 2022 to 1 January 2023 because of Covid related delays.
2023-8-8
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Ireland

Have to ask, buddy. Did you do your A2 or Specific Category Training? Because all of this was covered and a potential question for the exam.
I just had to do a proctored exam and I know I got that question right.
2023-8-8
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

CuAnnan Posted at 8-8 12:05
Have to ask, buddy. Did you do your A2 or Specific Category Training? Because all of this was covered and a potential question for the exam.
I just had to do a proctored exam and I know I got that question right.

The texts have been amended several times, 2022, 2023, 2024... each time there are things modified. We are not safe from it being postponed because there are still a lot of things that are not clear at all and especially the STS (PDRA) request procedure on paper is beautiful, but in real life it does not fit with the operational constraint.
Do not confuse text of the European Commission, and law of the country. The European texts are there to provide a common regulatory basis. Then each country adapts. Here it is January 1, 2024:
Atvertā kategorija – CAA

And in your country, in view of the information on the site I linked to above, it's the same. Your best option is to contact the local CAA. It's not me who makes the law, the European Commission either, it's your government who decides what happens at home.

The best solution I have found is to operate under the PDRA in restricted airspace.

The exam is rather simple, both STS and A2. I recommend that you read PPL courses for the weather part... everything that does not concern drones but aeronautics in general. It is true that the drone part of the Irish CAA is a bit light. They may have online courses, you have to write to them.
2023-8-8
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Ireland

Any word from DJI about getting this sorted out this side of 2023?
2023-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules