Quick Shots unable to "hold" the focus point, jerks the video
651 5 2023-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BobCowen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 491673 ft
United States

I've used Quick Shots extensively on my Air 2s and just tried it on my Air 3.  The Air 3 loses the focus point and "adjusts" or "jerks" the camera during the flight.  The only difference is that I'm recording at 60 FPS (4K) on the Air 3 and used 30 FPS (4K) on the Air 2s.  Flight flown manually did not have a problem, only on Quick Shots.

Here are 4 examples:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/uh72y7nhirvys9ozmb7f9/h?rlkey=7fc5otkueo4xfkqt5kuv55fp2&dl=0

I took a total of 8 videos and it happened on 4 of them.

The jerk occurs between 13 and 17 seconds into each video.

This is a REAL problem for me!  My firmware and the DJI app (iPad) are up to date.
2023-8-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. The link only contains one video. Furthermore, it seems that the gimbal axis reaches the limitations so for normal performance, the gimbal will bounce back to an angle, which is normal. You may adjust the gimbal angle lower and try again. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-8-9
Use props
BobCowen
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-9 20:37
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. The link only contains one video. Furthermore, it seems that the gimbal axis reaches the limitations so for normal performance, the gimbal will bounce back to an angle, which is normal. You may adjust the gimbal angle lower and try again. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

After calibrating the gimbal and increasing the allowable gimbal speed to almost the maximum, I flew 6 Quick Shots (dronie) and the problem did not reoccur.  There is no longer an option to adjust for limiting the gimbal axis pitch that was mentioned.  It can go fully vertically up or down (unlike earlier DJI models).  Either I should have calibrated the gimbal prior to my first flight or the allowable gimbal speed setting was insufficient.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the problem is solved.
2023-8-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

BobCowen Posted at 8-10 03:47
After calibrating the gimbal and increasing the allowable gimbal speed to almost the maximum, I flew 6 Quick Shots (dronie) and the problem did not reoccur.  There is no longer an option to adjust for limiting the gimbal axis pitch that was mentioned.  It can go fully vertically up or down (unlike earlier DJI models).  Either I should have calibrated the gimbal prior to my first flight or the allowable gimbal speed setting was insufficient.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the problem is solved.

Thank you for your response, Bob. Please let us know if you still experience the issue after multiple test flights. We appreciate your understanding. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-8-12
Use props
BobCowen
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-12 21:52
Thank you for your response, Bob. Please let us know if you still experience the issue after multiple test flights. We appreciate your understanding. Have a nice day ahead!

Unfortunately, it's still having trouble.  Around 21 seconds into the flight.  Same settings as before.  Why is this happening?  I shot 6 other Quick Shots (dronie) videos without any problems.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/y ... dq3ymf3yj5&dl=0
I think I've found the cause of the problem.  I've set obstacle avoidance to bypass and the sensor is seeing the sun, thus maneuvering to avoid it and recovering the flight once the sun is not being "seen" by the sensors.  The solution is to set obstacle avoidance to "stop" however DJI needs to adjust its settings so that the sun does not trigger obstacle avoidance.

2023-8-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

BobCowen Posted at 8-16 12:07
Unfortunately, it's still having trouble.  Around 21 seconds into the flight.  Same settings as before.  Why is this happening?  I shot 6 other Quick Shots (dronie) videos without any problems.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/y62pyevzgtyfwm3i09u8h/h?rlkey=91wa4wq9bbg2b6ldq3ymf3yj5&dl=0

Hi there, Bob. Sorry for the late response. We appreciate you for sharing the steps that you take to isolate the issue. We will coordinate this to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules