Mavic 3 Classic Gimbal Vibration - Shaky Video
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Newport home drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3500151 ft
United States

Hey all,

Having some trouble with lateral gimbal vibration on my Mavic 3 Classic resulting in shaky video. The issue goes in and out a few seconds at a time, and effectively renders the video useless. (Example attached below). Note: I HAVE had some light crashes. Looking for troubleshooting / repair suggestions.

Interesting observation - when hand-holding the drone and rotating (yaw) left to right or vice versa *while props are at low-pre-takeoff-speed*, the gimbal starts vibrating at a very high frequency briefly 1-3 seconds, then returns to normal. I suspect this is the same issue that's happening while airborn and causing the issue, however I don't have a second M3C to compare to and see if they all exhibit this behavior. If the drone is powered on, but the rotors are not spinning in preparation for takeoff, this vibration does NOT occur when turning the drone.

What I've done so far:

Gimbal recalibration.
Tested in various different wind / location environments.
Manual examination of gimbal movement - all feels smooth and natural, no grinding bearings or rubbing/deformations noticable.
Disassemble gimbal vibration dampening system - located small crack in lower suspension bracket, replaced.

2023-8-9
Use props
Newport home drone
lvl.2
United States

Additionally, I have replaced all four props and inspected the arms and rotors for abnormalities.
2023-8-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Since the unit experience a crash, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-8-9
Use props
Newport home drone
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-9 18:48
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Since the unit experience a crash, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Thank you for your understanding and support.

Yes I’m not looking for advice on sending my drone back to DJI. I’m looking for troubleshooting and repair advice for which components to diagnose and how to perform diagnostics to identify what has gone wrong
2023-8-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Newport home  drone Posted at 8-11 10:30
Yes I’m not looking for advice on sending my drone back to DJI. I’m looking for troubleshooting and repair advice for which components to diagnose and how to perform diagnostics to identify what has gone wrong

Thank you for your response. We understand your request. Since the unit already experiences a crash, there might be some hardware components inside the drone that has been damaged which we cannot troubleshoot remotely. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules