DJI FPV so many issues, controller constantly disconnecting
836 5 2023-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_nkHfojS8H9tj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2587211 ft
United States

So I'm having a ton of issues with my new-to-me DJI FPV drone. I purchased the drone a few days ago and the drone was working perfectly fine for the first few days as far as I could tell. It was barely flown, under 2 hours of flight time, no scratches or accidents, and not a single sign of wear on either sets of propellors. I had noticed one weird quirk right away, that being that I cannot force the drone to go into pairing mode by pressing and holding the power button until just after and within a few seconds of the aircraft's fan from turning on. I cannot do it before then, and if I wait too long, I'm unable to again. This is a pain considering the fan doesn't always kick on until the drone is warm enough to need the fan. Secondly, also relating to linking, the controller CONSTANTLY disconnects. This issue had only started happening a few days after owning the drone, with no event occurring before then. No crashes or incidents, it just started happening randomly. Each time I turn on all the components, it is a toss-up on whether or not the controller will link, or if I will need to force the aircraft to link (again, annoying because of the fan quirk). Once I finally do get the controller connected, it either immediately disconnects again after about 5-10 seconds, or I am able to take off and fly for a moment and at about 100-300 FEET the controller disconnects and the drone flies home. It doesn't reconnect when it gets close again either, since the controller's four lights start flashing indicating it isn't even paired to the drone at all anymore, so there is nothing I can do until the drone lands on its own. This is soooooo frustrating and scary when flying when the screen goes black nearly immediately. Why is this happening to me!?
2023-8-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello there! We apologize for the delay in response, and I am sorry that this has caused a lot of trouble and inconvenience. This is clearly not the experience we wanted our customers to have, as we always envision how our products would work amazingly with our valued customers. If I may ask, were all the firmware up to date and if you had a chance to update it using the DJI Assistan2 2 software? Thank you for your patience.
2023-8-10
Use props
djiuser_nkHfojS8H9tj
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 8-10 10:04
Hello there! We apologize for the delay in response, and I am sorry that this has caused a lot of trouble and inconvenience. This is clearly not the experience we wanted our customers to have, as we always envision how our products would work amazingly with our valued customers. If I may ask, were all the firmware up to date and if you had a chance to update it using the DJI Assistan2 2 software? Thank you for your patience.

Yes, the controller, the drone, the goggles, and the motion controller are all up to date. The only weird thing about updating them is that each individual battery never really updated separately but otherwise all firmware is up to date.
2023-8-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_nkHfojS8H9tj Posted at 8-10 11:43
Yes, the controller, the drone, the goggles, and the motion controller are all up to date. The only weird thing about updating them is that each individual battery never really updated separately but otherwise all firmware is up to date.

Thank you for confirming that the devices' firmware is up to date. The DJI Fly application also has the latest version. If not, kindly update it, and if we may ask, can you send us a short video of the said issue? We will have it reviewed by the relevant team.
2023-8-10
Use props
djiuser_nkHfojS8H9tj
lvl.2
United States

Yes, the flysafe database is updated. I cannot put the aircraft into pairing mode by pressing and holding the power button at all. Before I was at least able to do it after the fan kicked on but this time that didn’t even matter. The MC was able to connect and stay connected, and the regular controller was able to connect but almost immediately disconnects again, and I am unable to reconnect it because I can’t put the aircraft in pairing mode. Also this forum only allows images it appears, how may I send the video?
2023-8-10
Use props
djiuser_nkHfojS8H9tj
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_nkHfojS8H9tj Posted at 8-10 17:45
Yes, the flysafe database is updated. I cannot put the aircraft into pairing mode by pressing and holding the power button at all. Before I was at least able to do it after the fan kicked on but this time that didn’t even matter. The MC was able to connect and stay connected, and the regular controller was able to connect but almost immediately disconnects again, and I am unable to reconnect it because I can’t put the aircraft in pairing mode. Also this forum only allows images it appears, how may I send the video?

The MC also disconnects too at times, just clarifying. Basically the entire controller to aircraft connection is extremely variable and all over the place. It never works how it’s supposed to
2023-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules