United Kingdom

Whoops, damage, story?
2023-8-9
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Aw, you might get lucky like me Armando and the weather helps out. (High winds blow it down), someone finds it and contacts you. You did have your contact address on it, didn't you?
2023-8-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ooops.  Sorry about the crash.  Hope you were able to retrieve the drone and there were no damages.  
2023-8-10
Use props
Armando80
lvl.4
Flight distance : 848524 ft
Italy

Story is that we are on holiday in Italy, we were visiting this waterfall. Before taking off I scouted the surroundings, couple of trees, some water droplets from the waterfall to take into account and power lines. Then I did a couple of nice panoramic shots up and down the waterfall. Then we were about to leave and I decided to make one more 'fly-around-shot' of the waterfall. That was when everything went wrong. I flew sidewards, so didn't notice I wasn't above 'tree-level', but apparantly I was
Now the drone is on its own hanging somewhere in a tree...
2023-8-10
Use props
Armando80
lvl.4
Italy

yogi053 Posted at 8-10 01:54
Aw, you might get lucky like me Armando and the weather helps out. (High winds blow it down), someone finds it and contacts you. You did have your contact address on it, didn't you?

I hope so, but I won't get my hopes up too high.
Contact-details are indeed on the drone, but as I am on holiday, it might be a pain to get it back if someone happens to find it.
2023-8-10
Use props
Armando80
lvl.4
Italy

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-10 03:19
Ooops.  Sorry about the crash.  Hope you were able to retrieve the drone and there were no damages.

Nope, gone, probably forever
2023-8-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Armando80 Posted at 8-10 03:24
Story is that we are on holiday in Italy, we were visiting this waterfall. Before taking off I scouted the surroundings, couple of trees, some water droplets from the waterfall to take into account and power lines. Then I did a couple of nice panoramic shots up and down the waterfall. Then we were about to leave and I decided to make one more 'fly-around-shot' of the waterfall. That was when everything went wrong. I flew sidewards, so didn't notice I wasn't above 'tree-level', but apparantly I was
Now the drone is on its own hanging somewhere in a tree...

Ahhh I guess it's still there,
2023-8-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Armando80 Posted at 8-10 03:26

Hi there. Sorry about the experience. You can submit a fly-away case using this link and our DJI Supports will assist you through email: https://www.dji.com/it/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the assessment including the warranty period of your unit.
2023-8-10
Use props
Armando80
lvl.4
Italy

Armando80 Posted at 8-10 03:24
Story is that we are on holiday in Italy, we were visiting this waterfall. Before taking off I scouted the surroundings, couple of trees, some water droplets from the waterfall to take into account and power lines. Then I did a couple of nice panoramic shots up and down the waterfall. Then we were about to leave and I decided to make one more 'fly-around-shot' of the waterfall. That was when everything went wrong. I flew sidewards, so didn't notice I wasn't above 'tree-level', but apparantly I was
Now the drone is on its own hanging somewhere in a tree...

Sometimes pictures say more than words. This is what I could recover from the cache.

2023-8-10
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Relative to the ground what height was the drone at ? Any kids that can climb trees... but only if safe? Reachable by a pole etc.? But do try to catch it rather that letting it hit the ground.
2023-8-10
Use props
Armando80
lvl.4
Italy

This was all the footage I downloaded from the drone while it was stuck ther:

2023-8-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Armando80 Posted at 8-10 03:26

Sorry to hear that.  I hope you had care refresh coverage on it.  
2023-8-10
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Armando80 Posted at 8-10 12:48

Acquafraggia waterfalls

Nicely shot and great location

Shame about that crash, though.
2023-8-10
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-10 13:49
Sorry to hear that.  I hope you had care refresh coverage on it.

Care refresh no good if nothing to send back.
2023-8-11
Use props
Tom Richard
lvl.2

United States

At least it wasn’t salt water
2023-8-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

yogi053 Posted at 8-11 08:31
Care refresh no good if nothing to send back.

So true.  
2023-8-12
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

You know roughly where it went in due to the footage, and those branches seem quite thick coming off the side, suggesting it could be climbed.
2023-8-12
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

Armando80 Posted at 8-10 12:48

Acquafraggia waterfalls

Amazing footage!!!  Too bad it cost you your drone.  I hope you had care refresh or insurance on it.
2023-8-12
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same thing happened to me.  I stood under the tree and downloaded the video file of the flight, took forever, and I was worried the battery would die.    Meanwhile, my wife tried to shoot a branch with her rifle, no luck.  Two weeks later, it was on the ground and I was able to complete a Care Refresh claim and received a new Mini 2.  
2023-8-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh darn!  Is it recoverable?
2023-8-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Armando80 Posted at 8-10 04:36
Sometimes pictures say more than words. This is what I could recover from the cache.

Crash-footage

It was looking good for a few moments - but the shock of the crash looked fairly terminal
2023-8-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Noooo. That is sad to read.
I guess you had to leave it there?
By coincidence I read about a Dutch flyer this morning who had his drone stuck high up in a tree....
2023-10-8
Use props
Dale 68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice footage, shame about your loss though
2023-10-8
Use props
Armando80
lvl.4
Netherlands

Montfrooij Posted at 10-8 00:02
Noooo. That is sad to read.
I guess you had to leave it there?
By coincidence I read about a Dutch flyer this morning who had his drone stuck high up in a tree....

Thanks for reminding me of this post ;)

Something incredible happened. A week after I had to leave it behind there hanging in a tree, I received a phone-call by an unknown Italian number, who asked me if I owned a drone and had been near these falls.
Apparently it had dropped from the tree and the person could contact me because of the engraved sticker on my drone. He told me that he had been able to charge it and turn it on and asked me if I wanted him to send it to me.
Due to circumstances, I got it back around three weeks ago. The drone showed a couple of scratches, but apart from that seemed in tact. Even the wings weren't damaged. And the most incredible part was that after a week hanging in that tree, near a waterfall, it still worked flawlessly!
2023-10-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Armando80 Posted at 10-8 00:40

Something incredible happened. A week after I had to leave it behind there hanging in a tree, I received a phone-call by an unknown Italian number, who asked me if I owned a drone and had been near these falls.

Oh wow, that is good news!
2023-10-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Armando80 Posted at 10-8 00:40

And a reminder to put your phone number on your drone!
2023-10-8
Use props
doowyrag
lvl.2
Flight distance : 413520 ft
United Kingdom

Hello all.. first post here (I think).

Glad you got your drone back!

I've got a very similar picture that I took earlier in Wales this year.

Sunday morning (first day of a holiday in the Wye Valley) - I'd had a little nose around, captured some images and was carefully bringing my drone back to land when I spotted some canoeists that could add to the footage..

I then panned across the river and got stuck 40ft up an oak tree.
2023-10-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

doowyrag Posted at 10-10 00:03
Hello all.. first post here (I think).

Glad you got your drone back!

Hi, doowyrag. I hope you get your drone back. But if not, you can submit a fly-away case using this link and our DJI Supports will assist you through email: https://www.dji.com/it/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. You can also submit a repair request from the same link if in any case, you got it back with issues. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Have a great day.
2023-10-10
Use props
doowyrag
lvl.2
Flight distance : 413520 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 10-10 04:20
Hi, doowyrag. I hope you get your drone back. But if not, you can submit a fly-away case using this link and our DJI Supports will assist you through email: https://www.dji.com/it/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. You can also submit a repair request from the same link if in any case, you got it back with issues. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Have a great day.

Hello DJI Tony. Thank you, but I did get my drone back.
2023-10-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

doowyrag Posted at 10-12 11:52
Hello DJI Tony. Thank you, but I did get my drone back.

Awesome. I'm glad to know you were able to retrieve it. Don't hesitate to contact us if you experience any issues. Have a great day
2023-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules