Newbie / calibrate
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sternblend
lvl.1

Australia

Had my first flight today with my Phantom 3 pro but its not picking up the gps. Turned it on inside and asked it to find its bearings which wasnt the smartest move but you know how it is when you get something knew couldnt wait to go outside. So anyway couldnt work out its location.So turned it off and on went outside to try again in the middle of an open paddock. Couldnt search again on the mobile app so tried resetting switching the flight mode switch 10 times. Went through the steps fine orange to start 360 horizontal, then vertical nose down and green lights were flashing.
But the mobile app still said disconnected and could never get it to work and display safe to fly.
It did still fly so got some practice but probably shouldnt of because I doubt it had set the home base.
Is there some downloads I need or an easier way to calibrate it? Had nothing metal, magnetic around it and even had the remote 20 meters away when trying to recalibrate.
Because it wont work out its location I cant start the camera so never even got to experience that yet.
Thanks in advance.

2015-8-31
Use props
sternblend
lvl.1

Australia

no 1 got any advice?
2015-9-3
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Did you check imu status if not select sensors click on check imu will take up to 10 mins checking it will then tell you if you need to do imu calibration
2015-9-3
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

What App are you using?  Have you ever been able to connect the app to the craft?  Let's start there and them move forward.
2015-9-3
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

1.   Go to  http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download   and download your manual.
2.   Read it
2015-9-3
Use props
Gabe R
lvl.4

United States

you state that you moved the flight mode switch then did the compass calibration, thats how you did this on the P2, it sounds like you need to read the manual front to back several time.
2015-9-3
Use props
sternblend
lvl.1

Australia

thanks for replies 2nd flight and was able to calibrate, record and take pictures. Took beginner off and had a large flight, was a lot of fun.
2015-9-4
Use props
sternblend
lvl.1

Australia

Gabe R Posted at 2015-9-4 10:19
you state that you moved the flight mode switch then did the compass calibration, thats how you did  ...

followed the videos on the dji site for the pro 3 and it works. Had to do it again today and it worked fine.
2015-9-4
Use props
sternblend
lvl.1

Australia

Learning fast managed to sort the firmware out without a hitch now to learn the video editing.
Any hints and tips appreciated.
2015-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules