M300 RTK + L1 Not resuming mission after battery swap
862 4 2023-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CC-Mapper
lvl.2

United States

Hello all,(Im reposting this to the proper category instead of Pro Systems general, apologies)

We have just updated to firmware v7.0xx. When the drone RTH's for a battery swap mid-mission (3 of 5 legs complete) I am no longer receiving an automatic resume on relaunch, that worked well previously. The new UI isnt as intuitive as the older v4 it seems. At one point I did get it to popup the little dialog with the 5 legs, I told it to start as I was assuming it would resume the mission, it didn't. I guess I should have told it leg 4. Maybe I'm a newb. I dont get to use this as often as I like.

No KMZ/KML was used. No use of Mapbox.

Should I have manually paused the Task first?
What is the best way with the new UI to resume a multi-leg Oblique mission?
Should I downgrade to v4/5 firmware?

Is anyone else running into this?

I appreciate any assistance!

2023-8-10
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

can you record a video of the RC of the whole flight, in order to identify the problem?  for me it works.  push the play button then resume
2023-8-11
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

LV_Forestry Posted at 8-11 00:31
can you record a video of the RC of the whole flight, in order to identify the problem?  for me it works.  push the play button then resume

Same here on Smart controller and RC Plus, no issue with the resume.
2023-8-11
Use props
CC-Mapper
lvl.2

United States

Todays flight was far to long to record. I will do a short mock up run Monday and record it.
As far as today, here is how it went:
Oblique 5 leg lidar mission. Batteries low enough after the 4th leg (18% and orange in the App) that I Pressed pause in the APP itself(which I theoretically did not have to do and maybe part of the problem, as RTH from the controller button will pause the mission), then RTHed the drone. Hot swapped batteries, making sure to wait at least 10 seconds between each (spec is 3 seconds), then pressed the Play button and was not offered an option to Resume. All 5 legs were listed and blue with the bottom of the dialog saying Start, which I had to deselect 1-4 and just do the 5th. I haven't processed the data yet, hoping it was ok.

If you can think of any errors with what I have done from the above, please let me know, will get video asap. I haven't recorded UI video yet, hope its in the manual!
Thanks guys, will let you know.
2023-8-11
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

I didn't realize you're using your LiDAR in Oblique. At 45 degrees for example?

The L1 is already not super precise used vertically, then obliquely you must have huge and catastrophic dataset level precision. It all depends on what you're aiming for of course. Maybe by applying a filter at 120m max... I don't know, I have to try.
2023-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules