977 11 2023-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brett Walsh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6518511 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Livestream to Twitter using RTMP in the Go4 app works without a problem, but livestreaming to Twitter using RTMP from the Fly app does NOT work. It tries to go live, but you just end up with a blackscreen on the Twitter end with it saying "Hmm, something went wrong".

Livestreaming to YouTube and Facebook works via the Fly app, just not Twitter. This should work though.
It doesn't matter which drone you are trying to livestream from, you simply can't livestream to Twitter if using the Fly app.

This doesn't make sense, as you can go live on Twitter using anything else, except if you are using the Fly app.

I have done many many successful livestreams to Twitter using drones with the Go4 app, as well as other apps, but for some reason there is a problem with the Fly app and Twitter.
I can livestream to Twitter using OBS, Larix Broadcaster, Restream.io, Prism Live, Go4 app etc etc without a problem.
It is only a problem via the FLY APP.
I have even tried using a Restream.io RTMP URL and Stream Key in the Fly app and have Restream setup to broadcast out to multiple platforms and the only one it doesn't get through to is Twitter.
Livestreaming using Restream with any other device and any app (other than the Fly app) works perfectly fine to Twitter.
There is definitely an issue of some kind coming from the livestreaming source within the Fly app. I do get a message in Restream saying that the "Key Interval" of the livestream should be set to 2, but is running at 0.55 which is too low. Unfortunately I can not set the Keyframe Interval within the Fly app, but this might be something that the DJI devs can possibly look into fixing. The keyframe interval may or may not be the only issue.
I know of many other people who are having the exact same issue when trying to livestream to Twitter via the Fly app.
Can the DJI team please look in to this. If they could test this out for themselves they would see there is an issue with the Fly app when attempting to livestream to Twitter. They could test it using an RTMP URL and streamkey from Restream.io
It's free for broadcasting to 2 platforms.

DJI please help.

2023-8-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Brett Walsh, thank you for bringing out this inquiry. May I know your device model type, and would you also please provide us the video recording about your operation of live-streaming on twitter?  We will forward to our engineer for the testing, thanks.
2023-8-11
Use props
Brett Walsh
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 8-11 23:56
Hi Brett Walsh, thank you for bringing out this inquiry. May I know your device model type, and would you also please provide us the video recording about your operation of live-streaming on twitter?  We will forward to our engineer for the testing, thanks.

I am using a Mavic 3 Pro with the RC Pro controller.
I have also tried with the Mavic 3 Standard with the RC-N1 controller and it has the same issue.
I have made a simple YouTube video demonstrating my operation of live-streaming to Twitter which you can view here
Please forward this on to the engineers for testing. Thank you.
2023-8-13
Use props
fans27eca4e2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1561490 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 8-11 23:56

I can confirm with Brett that live streaming to Twitter X does not work with the DJI Fly app . I have a mavic mini 2 and have also tried live-streaming with no success Because my  drone is supported by the Fly Litchi app for drones I am able to stream to Twitter and YouTube without any issues at all . If litchi can let me I don’t see why Dji won’t . Hope you can fix this problem for us .. Thanks
2023-8-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Brett Walsh Posted at 8-13 04:30
I am using a Mavic 3 Pro with the RC Pro controller.
I have also tried with the Mavic 3 Standard with the RC-N1 controller and it has the same issue.
I have made a simple YouTube video demonstrating my operation of live-streaming to Twitter which you can view here https://youtu.be/Y5jJqqMOE30

Hi Brett Walsh, thank you for your reply. However, the video is unavailable. Would you please help to re-check? Thanks.
2023-8-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans27eca4e2 Posted at 8-13 05:01
I can confirm with Brett that live streaming to Twitter X does not work with the DJI Fly app . I have a mavic mini 2 and have also tried live-streaming with no success Because my  drone is supported by the Fly Litchi app for drones I am able to stream to Twitter and YouTube without any issues at all . If litchi can let me I don’t see why Dji won’t . Hope you can fix this problem for us .. Thanks

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. For this issue, we will feedback to our corresponding team to check and test. Thanks.
2023-8-13
Use props
Brett Walsh
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 8-13 23:00
Hi Brett Walsh, thank you for your reply. However, the video is unavailable. Would you please help to re-check? Thanks.

Hi Thor, my apologies. The video should be available now in my previous post.
2023-8-13
Use props
Brett Walsh
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Also, as it is a common requirement of many social media platforms for receiving RTMP live broadcasts at a frame rate of 30fps, it's odd that several of my RTMP live broadcasts which I've done from the FLY app to YouTube are saved on YouTube at a maximum frame rate of 60fps. It should be 30fps.
While live broadcasting to Twitter is not working, live broadcasting to YouTube has resulted in choppy video and audio feeds when watching live on YouTube. Replays of the same live video must get transcoded by YouTube as the replays can sometimes appear smoother than what it was when watching live.

One other point worth mentioning, when using a Restream url and stream key, Restream informs me that the keyframe interval coming from the FLY app is NOT set to 2.

It appears the FLY app may not be adhereing to the standard RTMP live broadcasting requirements which should be 30fps with a keyframe interval of 2.
2023-8-25
Use props
ShogunHz
lvl.2

United States

I'm also using Restream and iOS for rtmp streaming and after 1m the video feed stops and the site gives me the same feedback of 1 keyframe when it should be 2. Not able to stream at all with my new DJI Mini SE I just got this week. Love it but this is a big reason why I got it and for now it's unusable.
2023-10-14
Use props
Brett Walsh
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Still waiting for this issue to be fixed.
It would be nice to have some feedback from DJI as to when that might be.
2-27 07:46
Use props
fans27eca4e2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1561490 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes , why can’t someone look into this issue ? I  can’t understand if the other drone app like Litchi is able to livestream to the X Twitter platform with no problems at all . It’s ok if you have a drone the is capable of using Litchi , but all the latest Dji drones after the mini 2 can’t .
3-6 00:50
Use props
Brett Walsh
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Until DJI fix the RTMP issue where it won't stream to X (Twitter) with the DJI FLY app, here is a workaround if you also use Restream.

I contacted Restream support about the above issue and they ended up setting the channel where I stream to X on my profile in compatibility mode. Now my Mavic 3 Pro can livestream to X.
This is not required if you use the GO4 app with older drones as it just works correctly via the GO4 app.

So if you use the Fly app and you want to livestream to X via Restream, chat to Restream via their "Need Help?" button on their website and choose "Send us a message".
Then simply type this exact message "I need help enabling compatibility mode for my X channel".
It only takes them about a minute for them to apply the change.

Restream has excellent friendly support and respond very quickly.
3-6 23:14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules