Air3 shoulder bag storage issues
1722 12 2023-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
itsalbertZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 988310 ft
United States

Got my air3 a couple of days ago, and it's a huge upgrade for me especially coming from the mini 1.
The only issue is that the shoulder bag doesn't close properly. The drone sticks out so much that I don't think the shoulder bag is considered "dustproof."

I notice that there's a block of foam at the bottom of the bag with the shape of the gimble. If I take it out then the drone will sit lower and the lid can then close properly.

So I'm wondering, should I keep the block of foam inside? Seems like an extra layer of protection to the gimble.
Also, should I take off the propeller when I'm done flying? I don't wanna break it when carrying it around so just wondering if that is necessary.

2023-8-13
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nothing about the carry bag is dustproof. It is a great bag for around town and light duty off the beaten path. Matter of fact it fits nicely in my motorcycles tail bag. I did choose to leave the foam in the bag. It does provide a steady anchor for the drone. I have opted to leave the props on while in the bag. The front props fit nicely into the body of the Air 3. Long term with the bag, I'd probably remove them. With a hard case there is no need to remove them, aside for long-term storage.

I use GPC hard cases for all my craft and the Air 3 was going to be the first of all my drones to reside in it's OEM bag. HOWEVER, this will most likely be my goto drone for the foreseeable future (didn't see that happening), so I'm looking at a GPC case for the MFC.
2023-8-13
Use props
itsalbertZ
lvl.3
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 8-13 10:20
Nothing about the carry bag is dustproof. It is a great bag for around town and light duty off the beaten path. Matter of fact it fits nicely in my motorcycles tail bag. I did choose to leave the foam in the bag. It does provide a steady anchor for the drone. I have opted to leave the props on while in the bag. The front props fit nicely into the body of the Air 3. Long term with the bag, I'd probably remove them. With a hard case there is no need to remove them, aside for long-term storage.

I use GPC hard cases for all my craft and the Air 3 was going to be the first of all my drones to reside in it's OEM bag. HOWEVER, this will most likely be my goto drone for the foreseeable future (didn't see that happening), so I'm looking at a GPC case for the MFC.

I see. I tried some camera bags on Amazon, but they just didn't feel right.

It would've been great if they chose to keep the zippers instead of switching to a magnetic latch. I feel like with the foam in the lid is constantly applying pressure on the drone and it might break it someday. Maybe I'm worrying too much. This is my most expensive purchase in a while lol
2023-8-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

itsalbertZ Posted at 8-13 10:28
I see. I tried some camera bags on Amazon, but they just didn't feel right.

It would've been great if they chose to keep the zippers instead of switching to a magnetic latch. I feel like with the foam in the lid is constantly applying pressure on the drone and it might break it someday. Maybe I'm worrying too much. This is my most expensive purchase in a while lol

You’ll find the bag is sufficient and will keep the drone in good condition, it’s basically the same as the Mavic 3 pro bag but with a lot more room.
2023-8-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, itsalbertZ. Thank you for reaching out. We recommend keeping the foam inside the should bag to protect the gimbal from collision damage. Propellers are advised to be taken off when not in use, Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-8-15
Use props
itsalbertZ
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 8-15 07:11
Hi, itsalbertZ. Thank you for reaching out. We recommend keeping the foam inside the should bag to protect the gimbal from collision damage. Propellers are advised to be taken off when not in use, Thank you for your kind understanding and support.

As in i should take off the prop before i put it in the bag everytime?
2023-8-15
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

itsalbertZ Posted at 8-15 13:34

Obviously a personal choice but I don't. It's not that difficult to get everything in but I am waiting for the Hard case I ordered to come in within the next week. In the meantime, the supplied bag is sufficient for now
2023-8-16
Use props
ab0badr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19062 ft
  • >>>
Saudi Arabia

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005920197650.html
2023-8-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

itsalbertZ Posted at 8-15 13:34

Hi, itsalbertZ. If you're going to travel it, yes, it is recoomended to take them off. Hope this helps.
2023-8-22
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 823629 ft
Germany

Flormo2002 Posted at 8-16 07:15
Obviously a personal choice but I don't. It's not that difficult to get everything in but I am waiting for the Hard case I ordered to come in within the next week. In the meantime, the supplied bag is sufficient for now

I just did the same. While waiting for the hard case I used the shoulder bag. But actually the bag doesn't fit very good.

I use that case right now:

FPV Hardcase
2023-8-22
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

karstenul Posted at 8-22 14:44
I just did the same. While waiting for the hard case I used the shoulder bag. But actually the bag doesn't fit very good.

I use that case right now:

https://m.media-amazon.com/image ... %2C1500_SX3000_.jpg
2023-8-22
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 8-22 15:21
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/al-na-9d5791cf-3faf/2e75a666-d655-4667-8172-fd523d1c3f8f._CR0%2C0%2C3000%2C1500_SX3000_.jpg

I could have sent a link a better way than I did. Sorry
2023-8-22
Use props
karstenul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 823629 ft
Germany

Flormo2002 Posted at 8-22 15:21
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/S/al-na-9d5791cf-3faf/2e75a666-d655-4667-8172-fd523d1c3f8f._CR0%2C0%2C3000%2C1500_SX3000_.jpg

Nice, that's almost the same case that I have. I am very happy with it.
2023-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules