3386 12 2023-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SLiWooDy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126234 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WHere is the gyro data in the Action 4? I load the video file into gyro flow and it says that it has no gyro data.

Anyone know where it is?
2023-8-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Would you please check the follow information?
With EIS disabled and the wide camera on, when recording a 2.7k or 4k (4:3) video at 24 to 60 fps, or a 2.7k or 4k (16:9) video at 100/120 fps, the gyroscope data will be included and displayed on the video screen.
2023-8-14
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Also not with Ultra Wide, got told by Andreas.
2023-8-14
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Say what!? I read how some people were hoping for gyro data. And now it turns out it’s restricted to certain frame rates? Wuz up with that!?
2023-8-14
Use props
djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Same as OA2!
2023-8-14
Use props
Staffanp
lvl.2

Sweden

Why isn't gyro data available in ultra wide? Can someone please explain?
2023-9-12
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What about 4K 50 or 60fps at 16x9?
1-11 02:56
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Gyro data is only available when you stand on one leg and face due south with your left eye closed.

1-11 06:04
Use props
djiuser_i97cK8XH0Qey
New

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2023-8-14 01:39
Hello, there. Would you please check the follow information?
With EIS disabled and the wide camera on, when recording a 2.7k or 4k (4:3) video at 24 to 60 fps, or a 2.7k or 4k (16:9) video at 100/120 fps, the gyroscope data will be included and displayed on the video screen.

Hi Wanda.  You seem to work at DJI.  This post is old.  Does the firmware update change this information?  Is there ANY way for me to get gyro data without using a fish-eye mode?

A program called gyroflow has a preset for the osmo 4.  IS is not what I want to do but there would be advantages - fine control, for one.  I'm interested in rolling shutter correction.  Is that part of the preset - does the preset contain the optimal setting to be rid of the 'jelly effect' or as close as I cam get to that?

I chose the osmo 4 because the features it offers would cost many thousands of $ in a camcorder.  I don't use it as an action cam.  I'm sure I'm not the only one...  So, let me generalize my question:  How can I minimize the accursed 'jelly effect' with this cam?

4-27 03:04
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_i97cK8XH0Qey Posted at 4-27 03:04
Hi Wanda.  You seem to work at DJI.  This post is old.  Does the firmware update change this information?  Is there ANY way for me to get gyro data without using a fish-eye mode?

A program called gyroflow has a preset for the osmo 4.  IS is not what I want to do but there would be advantages - fine control, for one.  I'm interested in rolling shutter correction.  Is that part of the preset - does the preset contain the optimal setting to be rid of the 'jelly effect' or as close as I cam get to that?

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience.
May we know if the video shot from your Osmo Action 4 has the jelly effect?
If so, can we have a video clip to have a look at?
4-27 03:45
Use props
djiuser_i97cK8XH0Qey
New

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 4-27 03:45
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience.
May we know if the video shot from your Osmo Action 4 has the jelly effect?
If so, can we have a video clip to have a look at?

I haven't had the chance to do much with my brand new osmo4.  The weather is not co-operating, of course   What I have shot so far is the best video I ever shot!

What is the 'jelly effect?'  It is the blurring that occurs as you pan too fast.  It's the way cars 'get fuzzy' when shot moving across the horizontal plane.  It's the product of sensor readout speed.  

Basically, the fps in digital cams is a lie, plain and simple.  In each frame, you get only a portion of the frame.  That's called 'rolling sensor.'  a 'global sensor' provides an entire frame in each frame.  The higher the sensor readout speed the more of a frame you get, in each frame.  

The reason for rolling shutter is based in the horrendous amount of data, moving through the cam.  It simply can not move that much data, that fast.  The good news is, your cam beats everything I have used or even seen, in this respect.
4-28 03:31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_i97cK8XH0Qey Posted at 4-28 03:31
I haven't had the chance to do much with my brand new osmo4.  The weather is not co-operating, of course   What I have shot so far is the best video I ever shot!

What is the 'jelly effect?'  It is the blurring that occurs as you pan too fast.  It's the way cars 'get fuzzy' when shot moving across the horizontal plane.  It's the product of sensor readout speed.  

Noted. We will confirm your questions with our engineers first.
4-29 02:27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_i97cK8XH0Qey Posted at 4-28 03:31
I haven't had the chance to do much with my brand new osmo4.  The weather is not co-operating, of course   What I have shot so far is the best video I ever shot!

Update:
The gryo data of the Osmo Action 4 is used to correct the angle. It does no help to the rolling shutter. The Jelly effect caused by the rolling shutter can not be corrected. We recommend you set a higher shutter speed to improve this issue.
4-29 02:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules