8891 38 2023-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

How good is actually Osmo Action 4 compared to Osmo Action 3 regarding image quality? I tested out different settings on both to see which perform best and how big difference it really is.  

2023-8-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

The OA3 holds its ground I say
2023-8-14
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have yet to get a poor picture out of the Action 4. I’m working at it!!

Nice comparison. Really shows differences nicely.
2023-8-14
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 8-14 03:50
The OA3 holds its ground I say

It does sometimes, but if you check out 3:46 at clouds and also in the beginning at grass and leaves in background, it is a major difference.

2023-8-14
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 8-14 04:16
I have yet to get a poor picture out of the Action 4. I’m working at it!!

Nice comparison. Really shows differences nicely.

I agree with you 100%. OA4 is just really good compared to OA3.
2023-8-14
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

I like my OA3. It also comes with an added bonus in a form of an extra 450 dollars in my pocket :-)
2023-8-14
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

osmonauta Posted at 8-14 05:18
I like my OA3. It also comes with an added bonus in a form of an extra 450 dollars in my pocket :-)

Haha.
Those money + selling OA3 could give you much better camera

Have just put out my OA3 + One Rs for sale, need to pay for my second OA4
2023-8-14
Use props
djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

OA3 = good, OA4 = better!
2023-8-14
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

johansenfoto Posted at 8-14 05:34
Haha.
Those money + selling OA3 could give you much better camera

I figured it out! I will sell my OA3 for myself for 450 bucks. This way I can buy the OA4 for basically free and I'll also have an OA3! What a deal!!!
:-)
2023-8-14
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

osmonauta Posted at 8-14 06:45
I figured it out! I will sell my OA3 for myself for 450 bucks. This way I can buy the OA4 for basically free and I'll also have an OA3! What a deal!!!
:-)

If it’s the blurry picture that you’ll miss, you can always turn the bluriness up on the Action 4 to make you feel at home! ;)
2023-8-14
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Yeah, but then I have to go to Settings and start fiddling with the values. That’s too much work. This way I can just turn on my camera and ta-da! Blurriness ahoy! See, I knew the OA3 had an advantage over the 4!

Maybe I'll buy it for Xmas. That way I don't have to heat the house cuz I can just turn on the 4 and it will warm up the place on 4k in no time :-)

2023-8-14
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 8-14 04:47
It does sometimes, but if you check out 3:46 at clouds and also in the beginning at grass and leaves in background, it is a major difference.

Excellent side by side comparison Johansen - Bravo!

Here is 3:46 in 4K
Cloud DR is obviously much better in OA4
But interestingly the detail of the trees is more defined as well

Smart move to unload your other cams and get another OA4
Will make your footage have the same DR and look
Nice!

2023-8-14
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

10-Bit Posted at 8-14 11:04

More completely useless comparison screen grabs which only show just how little you know about comparing anything.
2023-8-14
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

osmonauta Posted at 8-14 07:53
Yeah, but then I have to go to Settings and start fiddling with the values. That’s too much work. This way I can just turn on my camera and ta-da! Blurriness ahoy! See, I knew the OA3 had an advantage over the 4!

Maybe I'll buy it for Xmas. That way I don't have to heat the house cuz I can just turn on the 4 and it will warm up the place on 4k in no time :-)

Haha. Keep the house warm with a 4! You’re probably ok in 1080 though.
2023-8-14
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

10-Bit Posted at 8-14 11:04

Thanks.
Yeah it is really easy to see the difference in those clouds and also in leaves/grass on ground and in background in those first clips.

2023-8-14
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There really isn’t that much difference between GoPro 11 and Action 4. Different colour profile,  but much better match than the 3 is. The video and those screen grabs also show it pretty much as I see it at home.

Osmo have done a great job with the 4.
2023-8-14
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Iancraig10 Posted at 8-14 12:53
There really isn’t that much difference between GoPro 11 and Action 4. Different colour profile,  but much better match than the 3 is. The video and those screen grabs also show it pretty much as I see it at home.

Osmo have done a great job with the 4.

So a screen grab blown up to 400%  shows a camera with a bigger sensor has more DR than a camera with a smaller sensor. Is this a club for the bewildered. I don’t believe anyone on this forum including all forums here would expect any different result.
Screen grabs from low resolution video are about as useless as a pair of chocolate underpants. It’s becoming a joke around here. You could go through that video above and take as many screen grabs as you wish that can if you wish show the opposite to what has been shown above. The video test above was fine and easy to follow and the camera with the better sensor was slightly better no more no less. In 4k this might show up more but your screen grabs are frankly a complete waste of time.
2023-8-14
Use props
Andreas Dueck
Second Officer
Switzerland

Hallmark007 Posted at 8-14 14:00
So a screen grab blown up to 400%  shows a camera with a bigger sensor has more DR than a camera with a smaller sensor. Is this a club for the bewildered. I don’t believe anyone on this forum including all forums here would expect any different result.
Screen grabs from low resolution video are about as useless as a pair of chocolate underpants. It’s becoming a joke around here. You could go through that video above and take as many screen grabs as you wish that can if you wish show the opposite to what has been shown above. The video test above was fine and easy to follow and the camera with the better sensor was slightly better no more no less. In 4k this might show up more but your screen grabs are frankly a complete waste of time.

I don't understand why you're reacting so negatively to this... The way I see it, 10-Bit has shared with us the information that's important to him. I also look at other things, but that doesn't mean you have to badmouth everything right away. I would have preferred to see you point out the points that are important to you.
2023-8-14
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To be fair, the screen grabs and videos are pretty typical of what I get from my camera by comparison so they give someone thinking about it a pretty good idea of what to expect.

I imagine many people will be thinking about the differences before buying and rather than just talking about it. They  can see for themselves from those grabs and decide whether the differences that they actually see are worth the bigger price.

So they are helpful to many people and a bit more useful than chocolate underpants for the bewildered. Most viewers on this forum aren't highly technical and an illustration helps them a lot.

As I said earlier, they show pretty much as I see it at home …. Both on my computer and TV. Especially the highlights. The screen grabs show that quite plainly. So if you're considering the Action 4, 10Bit's photos show the most glaring differences nicely.

It’s a lovely little camera.

2023-8-14
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Andreas Dueck Posted at 8-14 15:30
I don't understand why you're reacting so negatively to this... The way I see it, 10-Bit has shared with us the information that's important to him. I also look at other things, but that doesn't mean you have to badmouth everything right away. I would have preferred to see you point out the points that are important to you.

I did point out the points that are important. One camera has a bigger sensor than the other and this is quite obvious on the video. But it’s impossible to show from screen grabs of such low resolution that one camera is in anyway better than another. It’s very easy to pick up bad/good screen grabs and try compare to whatever way you think it suits your point. Im not acting negatively I’m pointing out that it is just basically wrong to get screen grabs from video and think you can make a “FAIR” comparison the screen grabs are completely useless and show nothing of any use to anyone and the certainly “do not” show that one camera has more DR than the other. This is easily shown when watching the video in reasonably good quality. I can take two screen grab above and post and I can show just the opposite from what we see above, because screen grabs won’t tell you anything. At least compare photos. Can you tell me which screen grab came from which below ? I have recorded the answer already on this forum. Im certain the experts will get it 100% correct or will they, if they choose to cop out then my theory was right.

2023-8-15
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 8-14 12:25
Thanks.
Yeah it is really easy to see the difference in those clouds and also in leaves/grass on ground and in background in those first clips.

You are welcome
Here is another side by side comparison from your excellent video
This is another pure screenshot - so not manipulated in any way
Again very easy to see how much more DR + details in the OA4

For some reason this seems like the OA3 focus issue denial
With the same perpetrator once again
So very interesting!
Hmm?  Agenda?  Yes!

2023-8-15
Use props
Andreas Dueck
Second Officer
Switzerland

@Hallmark007
The first picture is from the Osmo Action 3 and the second from the 4, but the exposure is different. The first picture shows the typical lens flare of the Osmo Action 3, the 4 would have a line or no lens flare...
2023-8-15
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Tomorrow I will have a new video out that shows even better how good the OA4 is compared to the good old OA3.
2023-8-15
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

10-Bit Posted at 8-15 12:45
You are welcome
Here is another side by side comparison from your excellent video
This is another pure screenshot - so not manipulated in any way

The only one with the agenda is you. You own none of these cameras and my guess is you never will but you continuously comment on both of them, off nothing except ridiculous low res screen grabs from others videos. It begs the question if you don’t own any of them why continuously commenting knocking and ridiculing them ? And yes I own both in fact I own all 4 action cameras as well as owning original osmo  osmo pocket 1/2 and osmo x5.
2023-8-15
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

Only a lonely buffoon troll with dirty fingernails cannot provide any valid examples to prove his point
So put up your own OA3 vs OA4 side by side tests
Or simply shut up

Bahahaha!!

Now please quit disrupting and trying aimlessly to throw off a thread that is not your own
Your agenda is clear here - and most all threads you attack and insult
Only nonsense and nothing to back it up

2023-8-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Both look quite good!
2023-10-20
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Montfrooij Posted at 10-20 12:17
Both look quite good!

They does, but OA4 is a bit better in sharpness
2023-10-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

johansenfoto Posted at 10-20 14:21
They does, but OA4 is a bit better in sharpness

Yeah, I think that is true.
2023-10-21
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

Nice comparison.. You may also check mine starting the comparison directly from the minute/seconds in my yt video:

2023-10-25
Use props
TNQ
lvl.2
Turkey

It starts at 05:25 ... sorry edit did not work truly
2023-10-25
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Your OA3 is actually sharper than mine was
2023-10-25
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 10-25 13:04
Your OA3 is actually sharper than mine was

That is how I felt about my Action 3 and may also account for such wide opinions when it came out.
2023-10-26
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Iancraig10 Posted at 10-26 02:34
That is how I felt about my Action 3 and may also account for such wide opinions when it came out.

It almost seems like it was like a lottery with OA3 and which had sharpest lens when still in focus
2023-10-26
Use props
StevoB
lvl.4
Slovakia

Hello. Such an observation today, in which way AO3 is better than AO4 from my point of view (it won't be a picture )
1. better response to voice control by at least 50% (software issue - fixable next fw. maybe) - I don't use it.
2. rubber coating on the bottom side, which eliminates even more underarm noises, but mainly holds the body more firmly on metal objects (maybe an additional sticker...). I use it.

2023-11-7
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

StevoB Posted at 11-7 04:55
Hello. Such an observation today, in which way AO3 is better than AO4 from my point of view (it won't be a picture  )
1. better response to voice control by at least 50% (software issue - fixable next fw. maybe) - I don't use it.
2. rubber coating on the bottom side, which eliminates even more underarm noises, but mainly holds the body more firmly on metal objects (maybe an additional sticker...). I use it.

Good observation.
The magnet adapter OA4 have is better than the older OA3 have, with soft rubber that will reduce even more vibrations.
2023-11-7
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

and possiblly and mor dampener to the wind Noise of the camera as well, excellent observation
2023-11-7
Use props
theleatherjacke
New

United States

Experience the pinnacle of tough sophistication by combining warmth and style in a Mens Genuine Shearling Coat. This authentic shearling coat is made for the daring and has a classic look. This statement garment that promises both fashion and practicality will elevate your winter wardrobe.
Link: https://www.theleatherjacketer.com/mens-shearling-jacket/

2023-12-27
Use props
djiuser_bwOIRNpeVQBh
lvl.1

United States

osmonauta Posted at 8-14 05:18

Where did you get that deal?
2023-12-28
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

djiuser_bwOIRNpeVQBh Posted at 12-28 13:17
Where did you get that deal?

I got that deal by not buying the OA4 and just using my OA3 - which I'm still really happy with. So that saved me 450 bucks :-)
2023-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules