P3A - No video feed, refuses to upgrade f/w - UPDATED/RESOLVED
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
justin.owen
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi all,

Background - P3A, f/w 1.1.8, iPad Mini 2 with DJI GO, iPhone 6 with DJI Pilot.

My P3A has been working flawlessy on f/w 1.1.8 and using the DJI Pilot App. I unfortunately left my iPad Mini on charge recently while I was using my Mac, and it sync'd over WiFi and updated the Pilot App to GO.

Tested the GO app on the bench before heading out to do some filming. Other than the video being laggier than usual it appeared to work fine - I had the expected warnings that r/c, aircraft and camera required upgrades. A few minutes into the flight I notices the video was pixellated and breaking up with either grey or black bars appearing across the screen. It was also lagging about 6/7 seconds. This was with the iPad Mini/DJI GO (I wish it would blinking GO!). I landed and swapped the iPad for the iPhone/DJI Pilot and hey presto it seemed to be working. I flew one battery before calling it a day due to attracting attention from the local scallies.

Came home and a friends asked me to take a picture of their house for them. Fired up everything up and used iPhone/Pilot - 'NO SIGNAL' displayed in red at top of app screen and no video feed. Tried the iPad/GO - same thing. Then spent two hours trying everything from restarting all the companents in various orders, rebooting iPhone/iPad, swapping batteries etc etc etc. Tapping the HD icon in the app and bringing up the 'Image Transmission Settings' screen showed bit of red/green jumping about - there wasn't a large green bar which for some reason i think i've seen in the past?

I thought the DJI GO app might've done something to the Phantom so in desperation I tried upgrading the f/w to 1.1.9 - nothing. It just booted up as normal. Tried multiple SD's, formatted on the Phantom etc etc etc. Tried to upgrade to 1.3.2 - nothing. Just boots up as normal (and sits there flashing yellow as the r/c isn't connected). I didn't get any sounds/indicators at all from the Phantom.

The camera works - I took some pics without the feed and they are on the card.

The only other thing I noticed is that after about 30 secs you get a quiet durrrrrr-da-da from the camera followed by a small flasing red LED for 10/20 secs, then it flashes green, does the dur-da-da noise again and flashes red. Anyone have any ideas - so p'd off and frustrated!!

I'll attach some screen grabs.

2015-8-31
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cant see screen grabs..

Also can you post the firmware update logs form the SD ( there is one on the root and one in a hidden folder called MISC/LOG )
2015-8-31
Use props
justin.owen
lvl.2

Hi Sploodge...

I couldn't attach the pics - I'll get them hosted tonight but it just shows big grey horizontal bar across camera feed.

There aren't any f/w update files on the card(s) and no hidden directories... (None that I can see on my Mac anyhow - will have another look this evening on PC).

2015-9-1
Use props
Geoff Charters
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17362 ft
Australia

Please fix DJI!
Losing money from cancelling work due to no video feed after latest update. No answers from anyone.
2015-9-23
Use props
justin.owen
lvl.2

United Kingdom

RE: P3A - No video feed, refuses to upgrade. UPDATE/RESOLVED

Just an update on the issues I had with my P3A. Returned to the dealer in the UK and returned after two weeks with a new camera/gimble which they'd identified as faulty.

Now on 1.4.1 and the issues seem to be resolved - apart from it will now no longer fly in a straight line but this sounds like a f/w issues after reading the forum!?
2015-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules