Thank you DJI!!! Now all we need...
851 18 2023-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FwB
lvl.2
United States

I was able to record a 23 minute video and it came out as ONE FILE like a Sony camera does!!!!!  Thank you so much!  Now we need a hindsight feature (like what Sony had years ago, GoPro was not first) and spot metering.
2023-8-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, FwB. Thank you for your kind words. We'll forward your request to our relevant for evaluation. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-8-16
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Spot metering would be fantastic. Would transform the Action picture quality even more if it can be implemented. Might be more useful if it were to be there in pro mode so that beginners get fully auto without accidentally touching the screen and getting an incorrect exposure!
2023-8-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

that is a good reason I held off DJI must get tehse things on the OA5
2023-8-16
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
United States

It will be prolly 500 bucks or more. They should create 2 versions. One for the average consumer with the average features for cheaper (eg, I think the OA3 has great features for the price), and a Pro version with all the bells and whistles for whatever thousands of dollars you wish to spend on it. When I wish to record my bike trips, I sure would not buy an action camera for hundreds of dollars that has features I will never need or use. There should be a balance of some sort. I imagine spot metering would be a complete mess when the camera is attached to a bike and you turn the handlebar.
2023-8-16
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

osmonauta Posted at 8-16 03:10
It will be prolly 500 bucks or more. They should create 2 versions. One for the average consumer with the average features for cheaper (eg, I think the OA3 has great features for the price), and a Pro version with all the bells and whistles for whatever thousands of dollars you wish to spend on it. When I wish to record my bike trips, I sure would not buy an action camera for hundreds of dollars that has features I will never need or use. There should be a balance of some sort. I imagine spot metering would be a complete mess when the camera is attached to a bike and you turn the handlebar.

That’s why I suggested only in pro mode. To avoid accidents. It is great on the GoPro and I used it a lot which meant less post work. You press and hold to activate it so accidents rarely happen.

In any case, I would imagine bikers might prefer auto for constantly changing light.
2023-8-16
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Auto ISO is what I always use while driving. But I do understand those of you that want spot metering etc, but most people will just f-up more with it even if they think they can handle it.
2023-8-16
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well, my Mum couldn’t even point a camera in the right direction!

I have loads of body shots with my head missing!!!
2023-8-16
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

I’m totally for it if they will squeeze it in the 350-ish price range. But now even the 4 is 70 bucks more. And it will never stop. That’s why I’m sticking with my 3. At least for 9 more years. By that time the camera will ask…
“Excuse me, but I think this is a nice scenery. Would you like me to take a picture?”
Me:  “Sure, go ahead.”
Camera: “Would you like me to use spot metering or average?”
Me: “Spot metering. And expose the trees, please.”
Camera: “Completed.”
2023-8-16
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Iancraig10 Posted at 8-16 04:25
Well, my Mum couldn’t even point a camera in the right direction!

I have loads of body shots with my head missing!!!
"I have loads of body shots with my head missing!!!"
That’s the kind of camera the Taliban has… oops bad joke…
2023-8-16
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Omg…… I’m saying nothing!
2023-8-16
Use props
djiuser_A.I.
lvl.2
Italy

Iancraig10 Posted at 8-16 05:17
Omg…… I’m saying nothing!

it would be nice to have multishot too and not just single shot
2023-8-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_A.I. Posted at 8-16 17:16
it would be nice to have multishot too and not just single shot

Thank you for your recommendations. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-8-17
Use props
FwB
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 8-17 00:20
Thank you for your recommendations. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.

I know the hindsight and spot metering have been asked for ad nauseam since the release of the original Action.  Is there any way we can get a more definitive yes or no on the possibility of these features?  The power of the "hindsight" feature goes unnoticed by a LOT of people.  Its practically a game changer in the action camera world and the Action 4 was built for it (i.e. no overheating).

Spot metering is a different animal and may be a different feature depending on the person asking for it.  Touch an area for exposure control may be what it is.
2023-8-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

FwB Posted at 8-23 14:43
I know the hindsight and spot metering have been asked for ad nauseam since the release of the original Action.  Is there any way we can get a more definitive yes or no on the possibility of these features?  The power of the "hindsight" feature goes unnoticed by a LOT of people.  Its practically a game changer in the action camera world and the Action 4 was built for it (i.e. no overheating).

Spot metering is a different animal and may be a different feature depending on the person asking for it.  Touch an area for exposure control may be what it is.

Hi, FwB. We appreciate your interest. We currently can not provide relevant information about our future plans. Keep updated by going to www.dji.com as it will be announced officially once implemented. Thank you for your understanding and your support. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-23
Use props
FwB
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 8-23 19:13
Hi, FwB. We appreciate your interest. We currently can not provide relevant information about our future plans. Keep updated by going to www.dji.com as it will be announced officially once implemented. Thank you for your understanding and your support. Have a great day ahead.

I would pay for firmware that had this feature in it.  Loop recording is a pain to work with.
2023-9-6
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

FwB Posted at 9-6 05:51
I would pay for firmware that had this feature in it.  Loop recording is a pain to work with.

Loop recording is cool, maybe for a dashcam, lol. I've had a few cameras with loop recording and never used it personally.
2023-9-8
Use props
FwB
lvl.2
United States

JodyB Posted at 9-8 13:47
Loop recording is cool, maybe for a dashcam, lol. I've had a few cameras with loop recording and never used it personally.

I totally agree.  Its more important to start recording when the action starts.  That is why its called an action camera.  Its easy to miss action if the camera isn't recording all the time (hindsight mode).

As a side note I have yet to get Sony to tell me what they called their "hindsight" feature.  They may have forgotten they had it on their big cinema cameras from 15 years ago.
2023-9-8
Use props
FwB
lvl.2
United States

YES!!!! DJI added it yesterday!!!

Added Pre-Rec in Video shooting mode. When enabled, the camera will pre-record footage within the set time duration. 5s/10s/15s/30s/60s are supported. Once the Shutter/Record button is pressed, the camera will save the latest pre-recorded footage before pressing the Shutter/Record button and keep recording, then save the footage as a whole video.
2023-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules