Dji fly won't open on android 14 beta
1765 20 2023-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_KUByCUB1jqse
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84452 ft
Canada

So yeah im on a Google pixel 6 pro and dji fly worked great on android 13 but now it just crash when it launch and same thing with dji mimo so i wanted to know if i am the only one or if it's the same for everyone and if someone know hiw to fix this i'll really apreciate it.
2023-8-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, could you please download and install the latest app through the link below to see if the issue still exists? https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
2023-8-15
Use props
djiuser_KUByCUB1jqse
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-15 20:00
Hi there, could you please download and install the latest app through the link below to see if the issue still exists? https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo

Yeah i tryied and it still crash when i try to open it
2023-8-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_KUByCUB1jqse Posted at 8-16 08:33
Yeah i tryied and it still crash when i try to open it

You can try to turn on airplane mode and then try to open the app again to see if it works. If it still not works, please provide us with the following information for further checking:
(1) App version number;
(2) Mobile phone model and system version;
(3) A video showing the issue;
(4) The time when the crash occurred (to locate the log);
(5) App logs.
Location of the DJI Mimo app’s logs: 1) microSD card/Android/data/dji.mimo/files/LOG (send the whole folder as a package); 2) Internal storage/Android/data/dji.mimo/files/LOG.
After exporting the logs, try deleting the whole DJI folder, then download and install the app from the official website again to check if the issue is resolved.
2023-8-17
Use props
Robby Balboa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 808960 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-15 20:00

Im on Samsung S23 Ultra and The app dont work on android 14.

You guys have known since FLYAPP v 1.09

Why is it not on the playstore? Android SDK can debug the app in Minutes and apply the fix, but got to be playstore worthy
2023-8-17
Use props
djiuser_KUByCUB1jqse
lvl.1
Canada

All right i'll try my best to send you the best that i can do so

The app is the 1.11.0

Im on a google pixel 6 pro androind 14 beta ( i think that's why)

The video doesn't work tho because it's a mp4 and i can't change it but here's what it does : it craches every time i try to open it and send me an error message (android error message) so that's pretty much all that i could give you as information but if you're ok with helping me find how to send you the hour and the log i'll give it to you

Hope i gave you the information needed if not text me back i'll try to give you more have a good day
2023-8-19
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
Japan

DJI have been notirously awful at app compatibility.

Despite android beta being out for months and a new release every single September they seem to do  no testing at all in the beta, every release breaks their app until they bother updating on the final, usually a week or 2 after it goes live.

Not a single second is spent getting it working on the final betas to be ready for when its out.  None.

This problem happens literally every year with a new android release.
2023-8-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Robby Balboa Posted at 8-17 11:43
Im on Samsung S23 Ultra and The app dont work on android 14.

You guys have known since FLYAPP v 1.09

May I confirm if you're using DJI Fly? Currently, DJI engineers have determined the cause of this issue, and it is expected to be resolved by updating the app version. Please rest assured. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-8-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_KUByCUB1jqse Posted at 8-19 19:58
All right i'll try my best to send you the best that i can do so

The app is the 1.11.0

Thanks for the information provided. We've confirmed with the corresponding team that this issue is caused by the incompatibility of the app. This issue is expected to be resolved by updating the app version. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-8-20
Use props
pablodziekan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 951394 ft
Poland

You have Android 14 Beta (!) which is a test version, not a stable version. Until there is a stable version of Android 14, the DJI Fly app may not work properly. This is the case with most systems that are in Beta, not just Android. It's worth remembering for the future.
2023-8-20
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Japan

pablodziekan Posted at 8-20 01:50
You have Android 14 Beta (!) which is a test version, not a stable version. Until there is a stable version of Android 14, the DJI Fly app may not work properly. This is the case with most systems that are in Beta, not just Android. It's worth remembering for the future.

Except that isn't how Android betas generally work.
Post June they're effectively final releases designed purely for app creators to weed out incompatibilities.

Usually there are none but as DJI ignore all the coding and design guideines (hence not in the store) things break.

But they've had since June to test and update the app before the release happens in 2 weeks from now.

Its the same dev cycle every single year.
2023-8-20
Use props
pablodziekan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 951394 ft
Poland

gnirtS Posted at 8-20 03:02
Except that isn't how Android betas generally work.
Post June they're effectively final releases designed purely for app creators to weed out incompatibilities.

But it's not just DJI that does that, read the Samsung forums with how many apps people have problems after installing 14 Beta. All developers are waiting for a stable version just to eliminate some bugs.
2023-8-20
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Japan

pablodziekan Posted at 8-20 03:12
But it's not just DJI that does that, read the Samsung forums with how many apps people have problems after installing 14 Beta. All developers are waiting for a stable version just to eliminate some bugs.

And the stable version (ie final beta) has now been out 2 months.
That again is the whole point.
Most s/w devs aren't lazy and its ready to go from there.  DJI however has always been lazy.

You can pretty much guarantee that it'll be a few weeks after Android 14 release before Fly is working properly despite them having had at that point 4+ months of final code base to get it working on.

Of course, most things DONT break on a new OS update.  If you follow the SDKs and guidelines properly things work regardless.  Again, DJI issues.

2023-8-20
Use props
DJi SKeletor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46463 ft
Czechia

So, Android 14 is going to be officially released today. .Will the DJi Fly works or not?
2023-10-4
Use props
djiuser_KUByCUB1jqse
lvl.1
Canada

DJi SKeletor Posted at 10-4 03:25
So, Android 14 is going to be officially released today. .Will the DJi Fly works or not?

I think it'll still take a few weeks before it work knowing that it's been like a month or 2 since i've asked if i'll be soon fixed and still nothing
2023-10-4
Use props
djiuser_KUByCUB1jqse
lvl.1
Canada

DJi SKeletor Posted at 10-4 03:25

Never mind man i've just looked at the dji site and they've released a v1.12 (update from the v1.11 that i had) and now it work
2023-10-4
Use props
DJi SKeletor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46463 ft
Czechia

djiuser_KUByCUB1jqse Posted at 10-4 03:32
Never mind man i've just looked at the dji site and they've released a v1.12 (update from the v1.11 that i had) and now it work

Ok, thanks , At least now I know I can do update to A14 as soon as notification comes out
2023-10-4
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJi SKeletor Posted at 10-4 03:37
Ok, thanks  , At least now I know I can do update to A14 as soon as notification comes out

A14 was installed on my Pixel 7 Pro this night. I cross the fingers that your setup will work again (I use the M3P with the DJI RC)
2023-10-4
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Site still showing 1.11.4 and it actually downloads 1.12.0.

Can someone confirm it works before i OK my phone to update?
2023-10-5
Use props
djiuser_KUByCUB1jqse
lvl.1
Canada

gnirtS Posted at 10-5 07:09

Yes you can but download the newest version ons dji site
2023-10-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

gnirtS Posted at 10-5 07:09

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. The latest version of the DJI Fly app is now compatible with the Android 14. Please note the version showing on our website is V1.11.4 but if you download it, you'll be getting the V1.12.0. We will coordinate this issue with our relevant team to update the website. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules