Record a timelapse for about 2 months
639 3 2023-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
veesix
lvl.2

United States

I’d like to do about a 2-month timelapse of a stationary view (plant bud, bloom, fruit). I’ve done a couple before but not for this length. It would be for 24 hours a day. I would really appreciate tips on this. Some questions that come to mind.

- I have lots of storage space to work with but I’m wondering about how long it’ll take to edit and process if I use 4K formatting

- is there automatic compensation for dark to light transitions (and vice versa)

- I only see a max interval duration of 40 seconds which seems pretty short to me

Thanks!
2023-8-15
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
United States

Not sure if the OA would be the right choice for this since not only it has a wide angle lens but also a minimum focus distance of 30cm. But you said you have done it before so I guess it works.

I think you should use some sort of light that stays on 24/7 - for good lighting.
As far as the short duration goes, you can just shoot using the Video+JPG or Video+RAW option and just keep every n-th photo. Yes, that would prolly require lot’s of space. I think the max supported size of the OA3 is 256G so for 4K video+jpg option that’s way too small for continuous shooting.

There are plenty of advice on the net on doing this, albeit not for the OA3, but would be interesting to see the result.
2023-8-16
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

https://www.digitalcameraworld.c ... st-timelapse-camera

understanding you got he Action camera, set it up  get  the distance you require, if it looks good to you , the rest will be History. Lighting will be key for the Action 3 or any camera, like said above.  we be interested to see the results or even your previous work  good luck on your project.  google can show  little results unless knowing what to search for
2023-8-16
Use props
veesix
lvl.2

United States

osmonauta Posted at 8-16 02:54
Not sure if the OA would be the right choice for this since not only it has a wide angle lens but also a minimum focus distance of 30cm. But you said you have done it before so I guess it works.

I think you should use some sort of light that stays on 24/7 - for good lighting.

Thanks. I didn’t mean to say I’d done it with the Action Cam before, just in general with my iPhone. But thanks for reminding me about lighting.
2023-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules