new iPad with DJI Go 4 + P4P = Disconnected
926 6 2023-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans20b4b055
lvl.2
United States

I just bought a new iPAD and installed DJI GO 4 v. 4.3.5. Turned on the P4P and the software reported Disconnected. Restarted the iPAD, then the drone, then both (in reverse order) but can;t get the software to see the drone. The controller works fine - it runs the drone with no problem. Just can't get the software to work. Hadn't used the drone in about a year, for what that's worth. And I have the latest firmware in the drone - just checked with DJI Assistant. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.
P4P v. 01.05. 0600
iPad OS v. 16.6
DJI Go 4 v 4.3.50
2023-8-16
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

What iPad did you buy?  If you have a iPad with a USB C, there is a known issue with the iPads not working.  DJI is also not putting any R&D into making them work.  If you bought one with a lightning connector then have you tried to reinstall the DJI Go 4 app?
2023-8-16
Use props
fans20b4b055
lvl.2
United States

Shawgod Posted at 8-16 10:10
What iPad did you buy?  If you have a iPad with a USB C, there is a known issue with the iPads not working.  DJI is also not putting any R&D into making them work.  If you bought one with a lightning connector then have you tried to reinstall the DJI Go 4 app?

Ouch - it has a USB C connector. Didn;t see any issues anywhere (compatibility lists "iPad Pro"). But dang, that would be a killer. Thing is, I also tried to run it from my iPhone 8 with Lighting (using Lighting to USB adapter) and also doesn't connect.
2023-8-16
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I have conceded that DJI has no intentions on getting this to work.  They figure this is a dead drone and they don't want to put any more Research and Development into it or provide technical support for it.  When I ask DJI to get on this they say they are going to get this back to their technicians pr relative team, or something like that. But they don't or do and it gets ignored.  Why would they?  It's not like we could return the Drone at this point.  They got it to work with the lightning port which was out at this time, they could care less about the USB C port on the Apple devices.  Having so many people tell me that they got this to work if you buy this adapter and cable combination has proven to be expensive and doesn't work.  When I ask for proof that these fixes work I can't get proof.  Apparently the only thing that does work in tablets is anything with a lightning cable port on it.  So as a caution to all of you I have tried about 5-6 different combinations of adapters and wires, they didn't work.  I just spent a lot of money on these.  Buy yourself a used iPad with a lightning port, not a USB C port on it.  It will never work, as DJI will never put any R & D on it.  Well I am going to end up buying a iPad mini 5 for my requirements.  Yes I can buy the 10" iPad on the market, but it is a little large for me.  I wish you all luck.
2023-8-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. I'm sorry about the trouble. Have you already checked this link and tried the steps? https://forum.dji.com/thread-256608-1-1.html. Please keep me posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-18
Use props
fans20b4b055
lvl.2
United States

Shawgod Posted at 8-17 13:04
I have conceded that DJI has no intentions on getting this to work.  They figure this is a dead drone and they don't want to put any more Research and Development into it or provide technical support for it.  When I ask DJI to get on this they say they are going to get this back to their technicians pr relative team, or something like that. But they don't or do and it gets ignored.  Why would they?  It's not like we could return the Drone at this point.  They got it to work with the lightning port which was out at this time, they could care less about the USB C port on the Apple devices.  Having so many people tell me that they got this to work if you buy this adapter and cable combination has proven to be expensive and doesn't work.  When I ask for proof that these fixes work I can't get proof.  Apparently the only thing that does work in tablets is anything with a lightning cable port on it.  So as a caution to all of you I have tried about 5-6 different combinations of adapters and wires, they didn't work.  I just spent a lot of money on these.  Buy yourself a used iPad with a lightning port, not a USB C port on it.  It will never work, as DJI will never put any R & D on it.  Well I am going to end up buying a iPad mini 5 for my requirements.  Yes I can buy the 10" iPad on the market, but it is a little large for me.  I wish you all luck.

Ah, just saw the admin post.  Thanks for your help.
2023-8-18
Use props
fans20b4b055
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 8-18 04:23
Hello there. I'm sorry about the trouble. Have you already checked this link and tried the steps? https://forum.dji.com/thread-256608-1-1.html. Please keep me posted. Have a great day ahead.

The link you sent me is pointless for the problem, which is that DJI has chosen not to support the #1 selling tablet on the planet in any of the past 6 years of its product development. In other words, DJI has chosen not to spend any money to allow for a USB-C connection to my device. This is really an outrageous and scandalous decision, given the number of Phantom products still in use, but DJI's decisions always seem to work AGAINST their customer base and just produce frustration and anger. It is really a shame that you have such a monopoly on the consumer drone market, as I am sure you would lose at least 50% of your market if there were any decent alternatives. One can only hope that happens soon. And of course you could care less what your customers tell you, as you are immune to any criticism, since you have no impact or influence on corporate policy.
2023-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules