Is there a ND filter for p3s?
2291 23 2015-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fubu320pt
New

United States

I recently bought p3s and now i'm planning on buying nd filters for it? Can use the filters that were made for advance n professional?

Thanks in advance.

2015-8-31
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EDIT: Originally read this as a P3P... <my bad>..

From what I gather for slip overs. the SRP seems to give best results although I have not used them..

SRP - http://www.snakeriverprototyping.com/p3-series-filters - Dont have these..

2015-8-31
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

fubu320pt, most of the filters recommended by sploodge above will not fit the P3S. The P3S camera does not have a filter that screws off -- like on the P3A/P3P. You're going to need a filter that slides onto the camera. There are a few options here:

http://www.PhantomHelp.com/#CameraP3S

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-31
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-31 17:23
DJI have a selection - http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-nd4-filter  -I have these.. Good..

Al ...

the taco nd filters, are they screw on or push on?
tx
2015-8-31
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-31 19:03
the taco nd filters, are they screw on or push on?
tx

Screw on. They are nearly identical (if not the same) as the DJI filters.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-31
Use props
Sling Shot
lvl.3

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-31 14:23
DJI have a selection - http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-nd4-filter  -I have these.. Good..

Al ...

From what I understand...the Standard doesn't have screw off lenses....?? I read this earlier somewhere...
2015-8-31
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14416358 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Tried a lot of different cheap filters. They basically suck. Get the ones from DJI. Made of glass and superb.
2015-9-1
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

Swedrone Posted at 2015-9-1 04:38
Tried a lot of diffenen cheap filters. They basically suck. Get the ones from DJI. Made of glass and ...

Again...The Standard camera does not have a screw off filter.
I believe your choices are these:

http://www.snakeriverprototyping.com/p3-series-filters

These are glass and look like they are pretty high quality, but 7.5 grams seems like a lot to add to that delicate camera and gimbal. Perhaps some P3P or P3A users of these can comment. I see people balancing their camera with dimes and pennies to counter the filter adding even more weight which I think is not good.

or these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-DJI-P ... 26sd%3D271918150706

These weigh less than a gram. They use Rosco gels which others have used behind the glass of the screw on filter. I have ordered these. Hope they work out.

2015-9-1
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

aopisa, I've used those gel filters on my P3P and have spoken to the guy who's selling them. He purchased a P3S and says the ring that holds the gel in place will work on the Standard, also. These filters work great, BTW, despite what Swedrone says above, and make it easy to customize the number of stops of filtering.
2015-9-1
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
United States

dmwierz Posted at 2015-9-1 09:03
aopisa, I've used those gel filters on my P3P and have spoken to the guy who's selling them. He purc ...

Thanks for the info. I am a photographer and would prefer glass, but not at the expense of adding weight to a factory balanced camera and gimbal. Glad to hear the gels will work.
2015-9-1
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14416358 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

aopisa Posted at 2015-9-1 15:59
Thanks for the info. I am a photographer and would prefer glass, but not at the expense of adding  ...

They work yes, but gives strange artefacs....im also a photographer and dissed pressed glass filters. Only use B+W optical cut glass.
2015-9-1
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
United States

Swedrone Posted at 2015-9-1 14:48
They work yes, but gives strange artefacs....im also a photographer and dissed pressed glass filte ...

I assumed the the P3S camera was physically the same as the other two models and had a screw on/off filter.. DJI is pretty vague about some of their specs or maybe I just missed it.

I got the Rosco gels today. Took a quick flight, but have not reviewed the results.

I just don't think adding 7.5 grams (1/4 oz) of glass to a tiny light weight camera and sensitive gimbal is a good idea. Maybe the gimbal can compensate for the extra weight? I wish I knew the answer since I know DJI will be of no help answering this question.

If these don't work well, I may be reluctantly upgrading. I can't imagine trying to fly this thing with a camera I can't have more control over.
2015-9-1
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

hobbymounts.co.uk polar pro quality screw mount glass nd filters 3 pack /6 pack dji stockist
2015-9-2
Use props
fubu320pt
New

United States

Thanks guys for your help. I think i'll go with SRP slide on N8 filter.
2015-9-3
Use props
puredzign
lvl.1
Flight distance : 193612 ft
United States

Found these on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neewer-f ... :g:TFgAAOSwZtJW8jvB
2016-6-2
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

These ones are solid and we have a lifetime warranty on them: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pola ... 66300&skuId=4866300
Let me know if you have any questions on them!
Jeff
2016-6-3
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

Netherlands

PolarPro Posted at 2016-6-3 18:49
These ones are solid and we have a lifetime warranty on them: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pola ... 6 ...

Jeff, not sure how much influence you have over those but the listing for these filters on Amazon says 5 years warranty. Updating that might persuade more people. Then again, given the lack of proper alternatives it might not be that important
2016-6-3
Use props
vze369t9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 491175 ft

I used Polar Pro filters made for the Standard and had Great success with them. So much so that when I upgraded to the Advanced, I purchased more filters from Polar Pro for the Advanced. The Standard uses push on filters where the Advanced uses screw on filters. If I remember correctly, the price was reasonable also.
Not very often I endorse a product but Polar Pro so far for me is the way to go. Purchased thru Amazon.
Hope this helps
2016-6-3
Use props
vze369t9
lvl.1

I used Polar Pro filters made for the Standard and had Great success with them. So much so that when I upgraded to the Advanced, I purchased more filters from Polar Pro for the Advanced. The Standard uses push on filters where the Advanced uses screw on filters. If I remember correctly, the price was reasonable also.
Not very often I endorse a product but Polar Pro so far for me is the way to go. Purchased thru Amazon.
Hope this helps
2016-6-3
Use props
vze369t9
lvl.1

Polar Pro has some slip on that worked great for me. Highly recommended.
Hope this helps
2016-6-3
Use props
vze369t9
lvl.1

Try Polar Pro. I purchased their slip on filters and had great success. Even after upgrading to the Advanced, I purchased Polar Pro filters that screw on, designed for the Advanced.
Hope this helps you.
2016-6-3
Use props
vze369t9
lvl.1

You need slip on filters. Polar Pro makes a great set of ND filters for your Standard
2016-6-3
Use props
phantom-four.co
lvl.2

Netherlands

vze369t9 Posted at 2016-6-4 06:13
I used Polar Pro filters made for the Standard and had Great success with them. So much so that when ...

They are just under $50 so indeed a good price.
And so far PolarPro's customer service appears to be the best by far so that's another point in their favor. Jeff is doing a great job.
2016-6-4
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

phantom-four.co Posted at 2016-6-3 10:00
Jeff, not sure how much influence you have over those but the listing for these filters on Amazon  ...

Thanks for pointing that out!
I will try to get those updated (Amazon can take a long time to push through item updates)
Jeff
2016-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules