Is Litchi compatible with Samsung A22
1058 6 2023-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PacmanPilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1127887 ft
United Kingdom

Does anyone have any personal experience knowing if the Samsung A22 5G works with the Mavic Air 2.  
The Litchi website states their software is compatible with the Air 2, but I'm wondering if anyone has first hand experience specifically with the Samsung A22.

Cheers!

Frank
2023-8-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Frank. Please note that the official app for the Mavic Air 2 is DJI Fly. Currently, Samsung A22 is not listed as a compatible device for DJI Fly but if you encounter any issues, please let us know so that we can further assist you. Hopefully, other users can provide information about the 3rd Party App that you're inquiring about. Thank you for your support.
2023-8-19
Use props
PacmanPilot
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thank you Gamora.

The Fly app installs on my A22 and looks like it will work, but when I get to the step where the app prompts me to connect the controller to the drone, the app stops there because the app does recognise my A22.

But over the past few days, I've learned that there aren't any third-party apps that will log and upload flight times to my DJI account, so that's a no-go for me. Plus, I read on a DJI forum that using third-party apps would void a DJI Care Refresh contract too.

So until I have the budget to upgrade to a newer drone and smartphone, I will continue to use my old Apple Mini iPad with my controller and Mavic Air 2.   It's a shame because there's a few great third-party apps that instantly connect to my older Mavic Air 2 and phone.

Cheers!
2023-8-19
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

the app stops there because the app does recognise my A22.

I suppose you mean does not recognize the A22.
That is strange, I am sure the A22 is compatible with DJI Fly, as it installed fine.
I think your problem is with the linking of the RC to the drone, and not with the phone.

What exact message do you get when the app stops because it does not recognize your phone?
2023-8-19
Use props
PacmanPilot
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi ArticPhoto.

This DJI forum and other forums are inundated with Android smartphones and tablets not connecting, and this has been ongoing issue with DJI and Android users (and some Apple as well) for nearly a decade.

DJI is just not willing to create an app that works with their "older" drones and cheaper Android phones and tablets, and I understand why. This is their compatibility list, which doesn't include third-party app.
https://support.dji.com/help/con ... ;paperDocType=paper

I've been using my old iPhone 6sPlus but the battery started to go, and that's when I found this fradulent company on the Google Play Store selling an app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/dev?id=5540237902688148601).

Knowing DJI apps are only accesible through the DJI website, I decided to spend the £37 to buy the app becuase it worked so well. Bright crisp display, no drop-outs during flight, just perfect! No viruses, scraping, rooting, etc. by the app either (I use Malwabytes). Just a clean well-written app developed buy a smart developer posing as DJI.

But if companies like this fraudster, Litchi, and other companies can create apps for the Android, then so could DJI.

I've already gone to a plan B, which is to use my older Mini iPad for now. The screen is not nearly as bright as the fraudster's app, but it'll work until I upgrade in 3-5 years from now.

Cheers!
2023-8-19
Use props
Brandon Gerritsen
New

Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-8-19 00:13
Hi, Frank. Please note that the official app for the Mavic Air 2 is DJI Fly. Currently, Samsung A22 is not listed as a compatible device for DJI Fly but if you encounter any issues, please let us know so that we can further assist you. Hopefully, other users can provide information about the 3rd Party App that you're inquiring about. Thank you for your support.
Hi do u know if the xaomi a1 can run the app for the dji mini 2 se so i know which phone i need to buy                                                                                       brandon.
1-4 02:11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Brandon Gerritsen Posted at 1-4 02:11
Hi do u know if the xaomi a1 can run the app for the dji mini 2 se so i know which phone i need to buy                                                                                       brandon.

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Generally, devices not listed as supported mobile devices can also be used if their system versions are the same or later than those published on the DJI official website (Beta system versions may not be compatible), but their stabilization has not yet been verified. It is recommended that you download and install the app to test the basic functions, or go to a nearby outlet (if any) for product testing. As for the compatible devices, you may visit this link. Thank you for your understanding and support.
1-6 02:09
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules