DJI Mini 3 Pro | Wi-Fi Name's Default Password
16294 21 2023-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
_Bean_
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30823 ft
United States

Does anyone know the default password for the Wi-Fi Name you can setup on the DJI Mini 3 Pro?

I'm not talking about my hotspot or any other wireless connection.  I'm referring to the Wi-Fi Name you can setup under the about screen of the drone. I can change the name all day but I'm never prompted to choose a password.  My phone also sees the Wi-Fi Name I setup but when I select it, I'm prompted to enter a password.  I've tried 12341234 & 12345678 but neither are working for me.

Any suggestions or ideas?

2023-8-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. The Mini 3 Pro does not have a password. May I know what are you trying do? Keep me posted, please. Have a great daya ahead.
2023-8-18
Use props
djiuser_NEaR1CxHjr8v
New
Hong Kong

I want to know the wifi password for my mini 3 pro, which I will take it to Japan, as it is required to submit the drone's remote ID for legal purposes.
Currently I am outside Japan and another post suggested arriving in Japan before updating its firmware. However, it would be prudent to finish the registration before arrival, and having the wifi password would be a way to achieve this.
I tried 12341234 with no avail. Any suggestions?
2023-8-18
Use props
_Bean_
lvl.1
United States

Sorry DJI Tony, I thought I was clear.  Did you even read the post?  

I'm trying to find out the default password for the Wi-Fi Name you can setup on the DJI Mini 3 Pro?
2023-8-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Read Tony's reply again. There is NO PASSWORD!!!
2023-8-18
Use props
_Bean_
lvl.1
United States

What is it used for then and why am I prompted to enter a password when I try to connect to it?  The join button doesn't enable until 8 digits are entered.
Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 10.41.00 PM.png
2023-8-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Try reading the manual and start over.
2023-8-18
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

I think you can only use the wi-fi for uploading pictures to a phone.
2023-8-18
Use props
SirRonmit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 364 ft
United States

Did you try BLANK .. aka NONE .. aka enter? Must be a Apple thing. I don't have that issue, but I tell it to connect to my wifi (home) .. if you select your settings within your iPhone Hotspot, try that password.
2023-8-19
Use props
djiuser_0op8fSJTdQB9
New
Flight distance : 20994 ft
Australia

_Bean_ Posted at 8-18 19:48
What is it used for then and why am I prompted to enter a password when I try to connect to it?  The join button doesn't enable until 8 digits are entered.[Image]

I have the same issue and cannot find the answer - everyone just keeps saying there is no password.... Google Pixel 7 Pro definitely asks for a password and entering nothing is not an option.
2023-9-9
Use props
jez_the_dog
New
Flight distance : 20994 ft
Australia

djiuser_0op8fSJTdQB9 Posted at 9-9 01:37
I have the same issue and cannot find the answer - everyone just keeps saying there is no password.... Google Pixel 7 Pro definitely asks for a password and entering nothing is not an option.

Ok so what an absolute horror show...

The version of the app that downloaded from the Google Play Store is the wrong version.

Eventually I tried the QR code presented on the DJI RC screen which downloads an APK directly from the DJI website - m.dji.net/djifly Of course you then need to allow installation of "untrusted" apks.

Once you have this version it all works as per the standard tutorials...

Sorry _Bean_ I can't help you for iOS it maybe this points you in the right direction.

To all the other unhelpful commenters - maybe just keep your mouth shut if you don't have anything useful to add - especially mobilehomer you need to crawl back into your hole...
2023-9-9
Use props
djiuser_NnMydkUhcwO3
lvl.1

Malaysia

jez_the_dog Posted at 9-9 02:22
Ok so what an absolute horror show...

The version of the app that downloaded from the Google Play Store is the wrong version.

You don't actually need the WiFi password to use it in Japan. You do need to register for a RemoteID number though in order to fly any drone over 100g.

For more information visit - https://www.mlit.go.jp/koku/drone/en/
2023-9-16
Use props
djiuser_UgBHRKwZ3ysy
New
Flight distance : 47585 ft
Canada

You need password to update from your phone to... I'm getting same thing
2023-9-18
Use props
Tim Lewis
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 8-18 01:54
Hello there. The Mini 3 Pro does not have a password. May I know what are you trying do? Keep me posted, please. Have a great daya ahead.

Trying to fly in an area that is not wifi accessible. My iphone finds the dji mini 3 hotspot but it asks for a password. With out it, it won't light off. I'm in the US.
2023-10-26
Use props
Tim Lewis
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same identical issue.
2023-10-26
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

Tim Lewis Posted at 10-26 08:21
I am having the same identical issue.

your probably in a no-fly zone. check in fly spots in the fly app
2023-10-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tim Lewis Posted at 10-26 08:14
Trying to fly in an area that is not wifi accessible. My iphone finds the dji mini 3 hotspot but it asks for a password. With out it, it won't light off. I'm in the US.

Hi, Tim. You can fly the Mini 3 without connecting your phone to the drone's WI-FI. Are you trying to transfer photos to your phone?
2023-10-28
Use props
quantumperplex
New

United States

On iOS, don't try to connect to the DJI Wifi from the iOS WiFi Settings page like you ordinarily would think of doing.  It asks for a password, as noted by others, and there is no password that works.  You simply CAN'T connect to the drone through this method.  So those that say there is "no password" are both correct and incorrect simultaneously.  There is indeed No password that will connect through this method. But have no worries, there is another method that's completely non-intuitive from a newbie like me that does indeed work.  First, download and install the DJI Fly app from the Apple Store.   Make sure to allow it to access your WiFi, Bluetooth, and All your Photos.  (It has the philosophy of "All your base are belong to us")
(1) Start the DJI Fly app.  
(2) Power on your Drone within bluetooth range.
Note that after several long seconds a small prompt in a long-ish black rectangle will appear on the lower left of you phone's display, when held in landscape position.  It'll read, "Switch to QuickTransfer Mode DJI-MINI3-PRO-..." or whatever the model of DJI is that you powered on.  
(3) On this pop-up rectangle, press the blue word "Switch" on the right side of the rectangle.  
You'll see a connecting rotating image of your drone because it looks cool as a loading page.  Then you'll see "DJI Fly" Wants to Join Wi-Fi Network "DJI-MINI3-Pro-..."?  Cancel/Join.
(4) Press the Join button.
Now this part is critical, once you've clicked that "Join" button, your DJI Fly App will remember this specific drone connection even after the app is deactivated and reactivated at a later time.  So when subsequently connecting, don't press that word "Switch" because it'll try to find a different drone.  Instead, press the left side of the rectangle and it'll happily reconnect.
Happy Flying
2023-11-10
Use props
fans46aaaea5
New
United Kingdom

Hi, I have similar problem. I used to connect to my drone with ease before. But now its impossible. I have tried everything that is suggested here. Still not able to connect or do quick transfer. I also tried uninstalling and installing the dji fly app, still no luck.
5-16 07:55
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans46aaaea5 Posted at 5-16 07:55
Hi, I have similar problem. I used to connect to my drone with ease before. But now its impossible. I have tried everything that is suggested here. Still not able to connect or do quick transfer. I also tried uninstalling and installing the dji fly app, still no luck.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please try the solution below:

1. After each connection failure, obtain the account number and password from the failure page. Manually connect to Wi-Fi and return to the app.
2. Go to the mobile phone’s Wi-Fi System Settings page, and find the corresponding Wi-Fi name. Delete the network. Go back to DJI Fly and re-initiate the connection.
3. Use the remote controller to connect to the aircraft. Go to Camera View - Settings (in the top-right corner) - About. Change “Aircraft Wifi Name“. Change the aircraft’s Wi-Fi name. Then, initiate the connection again.
However, the above solutions can only resolve the current connection issue. If you manually connect to the aircraft's Wi-Fi, the system will save the password, and DJI Fly cannot be directly connection. To permanently resolve this issue, we recommend updating your mobile phone system. Hope this helps.
5-16 22:06
Use props
Cindy
New
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-16 22:06
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please try the solution below:

1. After each connection failure, obtain the account number and password from the failure page. Manually connect to Wi-Fi and return to the app.

I've done everything, and the phone software update did the trick for me. I'm now connected and able to quick transfer from the drone. Thank you so much for the advice.
5-17 09:55
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Cindy Posted at 5-17 09:55
I've done everything, and the phone software update did the trick for me. I'm now connected and able to quick transfer from the drone. Thank you so much for the advice.

Perfect! We're glad that you have managed to isolate the issue, Cindy. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day!
5-18 02:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules